Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 performance price increase

Do you think this could be a mistake?

• Yes

Votes: 12 24.0%
  • No

Votes: 38 76.0%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well yes in that case there is a supply issue for anyone wanting one before May but this will have been a decision by Tesla not to bother shipping any rather than due to production constraints was what I meant

I may be wrong, but I don't think there are ANY RHD markets receiving M3P deliveries in Q1.

All indications are that RHD M3 production has completely shifted to China, but Q1 production runs have been limited to just SR+ and LR models

Would that suggest that RHD M3P are not a significant profit source for Tesla compared to RHD SR+ and LR?

Is anyone aware of any other RHD markets seeing an M3P price increase?

I doubt it - apart from a few bits of hardware including alloys/calipers/spoiler which are shared with other LHD/RHD models, the LR & P are mainly differentiated by locked/unlocked software

The M3P also has different suspension, brakes, discs, rear motor and according to Bjorn, a larger capacity battery. If it's worth all those differences is, I think a personal decision. :)

I am bucking the LR + Boost option and switching from exactly that to a P, fortunately my order went in early enough to evade the price increase.

My reason for changing after less than a year was ostensibly to move from a private purchase to a business lease through my own company - in my case this is a no brainer in terms of the ££. From day 1 of owning the LR I regretted not going for the P, don't get me wrong, the LR is a brilliant car (IMO), but I really like/want the wheels, suspension, spoiler, 0.5 second giggle and track mode (it will get some use once we are able to enjoy those kinds of things again:D) which the P brings, and of course the extra range means it's similar to the 2020 LR. True, the savings are eroded by the move to a P, but they are not completely wiped out, so as far as I am concerned it's a win, win.

Reactions: Durzel