Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance - Q2/3 2022 LG battery, significantly reduced power at upper end

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Interesting. I am currently back home in Germany and driving a '21 M3P, and was surprised by the strong acceleration at Autobahn speeds, but feel like my brand new OZ delivered M3P is a tad more face melting at lower speeds. Might be time to finally buy a dragy.

Is there any way I can tell what pack I have from my VIN? I have a 2021 M3P built in March 2021. It should be the 82 kWh Panasonic from everything I have heard but I am curious if it actually is.
Not from the VIN, there's a kind of guide here

You need the battery code which is on the returned code, something like BT42 or BT43, which the website will decode for you

Reactions: blower and Braumin
The real goldilocks are the Q1 2022 M3P's.....they got the AMD Ryzen MCU3 and the newer hairpin 3D6 rear motor as well as the Pan 82 battery. The hairpin motors have a bit more power at the upper end so when combined with the Pan battery that can actually deliver the power, they are the fastest Model 3's out there.
AMD based starts from 06/22, hairpin motors even later, supposedly end of 22/begining of 23

AMD based starts from 06/22, hairpin motors even later, supposedly end of 22/begining of 23

Nope.

People who had cars delivered in December 21 / Jan 22 had AMD based MCU - Tesla even sent notifications out of that their model would have lower range because of it (higher power consumption). Hairpin was delivered from Jan 22 as well.

So sorry for all the questions. Not sure if anyone is familiar with the Tessie app… It shows that my original pack size is 77.8 Kwh, makes sense from the data we have found. However, it now says that the useable capacity is 71.4 Kwh, or 8.2% degradation. I was thinking though, should the app be comparing the useable pack to the 75Kwh of the useable pack when new? 8.2% seems like a lot over 34k miles. Is anyone familiar with how this app works and how it is calculating this. Is this correct at all? Thanks!

So sorry for all the questions. Not sure if anyone is familiar with the Tessie app… It shows that my original pack size is 77.8 Kwh, makes sense from the data we have found. However, it now says that the useable capacity is 71.4 Kwh, or 8.2% degradation. I was thinking though, should the app be comparing the useable pack to the 75Kwh of the useable pack when new? 8.2% seems like a lot over 34k miles. Is anyone familiar with how this app works and how it is calculating this. Is this correct at all? Thanks!
Your best bet is to ignore it. It’s extrapolating rounded numbers in the app to give you a figure and they don’t make it clear how they’ve reached the figure.

If you use other methods you’ll either get an explanation of the maths or a better answer