Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 performance ride quality

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think the main complaint is that the ride is harsh, yet unsettled in high-load corners.

Other luxury sedans actually do this well - surprisingly, even late 80s Buicks will act predictably, when pushed.

This might be a case of your memory playing tricks on you, lol. Kind of like how you remember Nintendo and arcade games being amazing and awesome. If you actually plugged one in today and tried to play, you'd switch it off and turn your PlayStation back on in less than 20 minutes.

• Funny
Reactions: lUtriaNt
I think the main complaint is that the ride is harsh, yet unsettled in high-load corners.

Other luxury sedans actually do this well - surprisingly, even late 80s Buicks will act predictably, when pushed.

This might be a case of your memory playing tricks on you, lol. Kind of like how you remember Nintendo and arcade games being amazing and awesome. If you actually plugged one in today and tried to play, you'd switch it off and turn your PlayStation back on in less than 20 minutes.
@McSquid I think there's truth to both parts of this. I can't speak for 80's Buicks, but I've driven softly-tuned cars with much more lean than a Model 3 that still managed to take a more confident and consistent set in fast sweeping turns. Another forum member (other than @ZoomsansVroom) once pointed out that contrast to me, and it's right, it rings true.

Something about the stock Model 3 suspension is really unsettled. It just won't take a good set when pushed hard. Even around long 270° ramps it never seemed to fully settle down. (I'm basing this on October 2021 Fremont built cars, 2x M3P and 1x M3LR. Model 3 suspension tuning has reportedly varied over the years!)

It's actually a little bit baffling how the suspension ended up so poorly behaved close to its limits, when it feels decently sporty at slightly slower pace. The Model 3 handles amazing after a thorough suspension upgrade, but I feel like it really ought to be a little better stock, even if top-notch damping isn't in Tesla's budget for the car.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tony_YYZ