Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance runs a 10.58 1/4 mile.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That’s seems hard to believe for a stock car. I took my car to Bristol yesterday, my best time was 11.68. There’s no way there’s 1 second difference between stock cars especially considering how easy it is to be consistent with these cars.

I agree, since this was not done in official drag strip, perhaps distance was shorter even though they claim 400 meters which is some 7 feet shorter than Quarter Mile

I ran an 11.52 in my P3D- and to my knowledge that’s the fastest Model 3 on dragy. I can’t imagine how it’s possible to run a second faster without a completely removed interior and super light wheels.

Can you share the details? What was your SOC, tire pressure, etc? I'm wondering if I can improve upon 11.684.

SOC was around 86%, 42 psi, aero covers removed. Bandimere Speedway which is 5,800 feet elevation and it was cool like 62 degrees with decent humidity which was great for the ICE guys.

8CCC7BB9-41D9-4C20-A86D-3196B3B7E64A.jpeg
15F3EDAD-81F2-47D3-9A3E-742FCAC0527F.png

Reactions: Lindenwood
They clearly didn’t measure the track correctly...

I agree. I looked up the airport on Google Maps and I can only detect two pieces of equipment set up on the runway forward of the starting point: one at 600 ft and the second at 1200 ft. The video is not great WRT technical precision and being able to "discover" stuff so maybe I messed up... but knowing the M3P is not going to hit 10.5, I think I'm close. (attached)

Mike

Attachments

• race2.jpg
    race2.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 145
  • race1.jpg
    race1.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 234
I have ran an 11.33 and that's with 57 pounds removed (back seat) on lighter wheels/rotors. 10.5 is P100D territory. Zerosport has removed 450 pounds and runs a 2.74 (1' rollout) 0-60 so I'd wager has a high 10's 1/4 mile time *at best*.

What can you remove in these cars to get to 450lbs? All the interior trim, passenger seat, back seats, trunk trim and frunk trim can't be more than 150lbs.

What can you remove in these cars to get to 450lbs? All the interior trim, passenger seat, back seats, trunk trim and frunk trim can't be more than 150lbs.

The back seat alone is 57 pounds. Swap out the 12v battery for lithium, another 23 pounds. Rotors and wheels easily another 25. Suspension bits another 12. Drivers seat another 50. Already blew past 150 without touching the rest of the interior or passenger seat.

See the thread "Model 3 Tearing it Up at the Track". It's all well documented, including on the scales before and after. Also the door panels, windows, windshield (assuming they replaced with Lexan).