Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance sidewall failure

AlbertCamus

Oct 25, 2020
Louisville, Kentucky
I'm a Tesla virgin(first post) so please be gentle. Sure there's some posts about this, but our Model 3 Performance just got a flat tire. It's a 20" Michelin with just 2K miles. Since we're in a more primitive states that don't allow dealerships, we picked up our car in Cincinnati, OH. The Roadside assistance app allows for a 50 mile tow, I believe, but a trip back to the dealer would be about 70 miles. Replaced the tire from a local Ken Towery store and the concensus is that there's a pinhole on the sidewall somewhere. It would have to be remounted back on the wheel in order to confirm this. What can I do with this tire now. Can I take it to the dealer and will they do anything with it? It's sitting in the back of my BMW wagon right now. That's where Conan the Bavarian (German Shepherd) likes his ride, so I have to move it. Is there a warranty covering this? Thanks in advance.

blizza87

Aug 10, 2020
Philadelphia
Your vehicle warranty does not cover tire damage unless there is a tire and wheel insurance plan that I'm unaware of. If it's sidewall damage then it cannot be patched either. Now if you haven't confirmed sidewall damage then you could take it to a tire shop and see if it's patchable. Otherwise unfortunately it sounds like you are out of a tire.

Sam1

Sep 11, 2019
NV
Your vehicle warranty does not cover tire damage unless there is a tire and wheel insurance plan that I'm unaware of. If it's sidewall damage then it cannot be patched either. Now if you haven't confirmed sidewall damage then you could take it to a tire shop and see if it's patchable. Otherwise unfortunately it sounds like you are out of a tire.

^ this.

The_Observer

Feb 14, 2020
Los Angeles
Vehicle warranty does not cover consumables like tires, so you are out of luck here. Flat tires do suck, I get it, I got 2 flat tires and just got one of my tires replaced at just 12k miles.

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC