Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance sidewall failure

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm a Tesla virgin(first post) so please be gentle. Sure there's some posts about this, but our Model 3 Performance just got a flat tire. It's a 20" Michelin with just 2K miles. Since we're in a more primitive states that don't allow dealerships, we picked up our car in Cincinnati, OH. The Roadside assistance app allows for a 50 mile tow, I believe, but a trip back to the dealer would be about 70 miles. Replaced the tire from a local Ken Towery store and the concensus is that there's a pinhole on the sidewall somewhere. It would have to be remounted back on the wheel in order to confirm this. What can I do with this tire now. Can I take it to the dealer and will they do anything with it? It's sitting in the back of my BMW wagon right now. That's where Conan the Bavarian (German Shepherd) likes his ride, so I have to move it. Is there a warranty covering this? Thanks in advance.

Your vehicle warranty does not cover tire damage unless there is a tire and wheel insurance plan that I'm unaware of. If it's sidewall damage then it cannot be patched either. Now if you haven't confirmed sidewall damage then you could take it to a tire shop and see if it's patchable. Otherwise unfortunately it sounds like you are out of a tire.

^ this.