Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance sound system upgrade

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
is it possible to upgrade the sound system on the model 3 performance like on a normal car? Add subwoofer, amp, preamp etc...

This company does it:

Someone on these boards has a system installed by them.

No idea what is involved.

It's absolutely possible and heaps of people have done it. It's no more difficult or complicated than a "normal" car, except there are a few minor differences. Search these forums and you'll find tons of info. I used Travis Llado's blog as a main guide. Link below.

The main things you need to know:
- Take 12v from the penthouse under the rear seat. This is good for like 2000+W or something, and will prevent 12v battery errors. Read up more about this first if you're unfamiliar.
- Last I checked, no one has managed to decode the digital audio signals, so you need to take direct analogue speaker level signals, and feed them into your aftermarket amp.

I personally replaced all of my speakers, including a new sealed enclosure and sub, plus added an amp for the new sub and front door speakers.

Reactions: Rmchrger
  • Amped Garage wiring harnesses & 3D printed speaker adapters - highly recommend
  • Focal ISU-200 8" woofers - front door
  • Dayton Audio AN25F-4 Soft Dome Tweeters - front door
  • Dayton Audio ND25FN-4 Soft Dome Tweeter - center dash

Waiting for 3 x FaitalPRO 4FE32-4 4" full range speakers to be in stock for dash. Good improvement so far for relatively little amount of work.

Attachments

• doortweeters.jpg
    doortweeters.jpg
    307.1 KB · Views: 262
  • 20220722_172528.jpg
    20220722_172528.jpg
    370.5 KB · Views: 120
  • 20220722_171644.jpg
    20220722_171644.jpg
    320.7 KB · Views: 155
  • 20220722_103334.jpg
    20220722_103334.jpg
    382 KB · Views: 131
  • 20220720_194330.jpg
    20220720_194330.jpg
    358.2 KB · Views: 127
Last edited:
  • Amped Garage wiring harnesses & 3D printed speaker adapters - highly recommend
  • Focal ISU-200 8" woofers - front door
  • Dayton Audio AN25F-4 Soft Dome Tweeters - front door
  • Dayton Audio ND25FN-4 Soft Dome Tweeter - center dash

Waiting for 3 x FaitalPRO 4FE32-4 4" full range speakers to be in stock for dash. Good improvement so far for relatively little amount of work.
What did you do for the power? Did you use an isolator?add another battery? I read some getting an alert about power draw when connecting the amps directly to the 12v battery.

What did you do for the power? Did you use an isolator?add another battery? I read some getting an alert about power draw when connecting the amps directly to the 12v battery.
See my comment from further up in this thread:
It's absolutely possible and heaps of people have done it. It's no more difficult or complicated than a "normal" car, except there are a few minor differences. Search these forums and you'll find tons of info. I used Travis Llado's blog as a main guide. Link below.

The main things you need to know:
- Take 12v from the penthouse under the rear seat. This is good for like 2000+W or something, and will prevent 12v battery errors. Read up more about this first if you're unfamiliar.
- Last I checked, no one has managed to decode the digital audio signals, so you need to take direct analogue speaker level signals, and feed them into your aftermarket amp.

I personally replaced all of my speakers, including a new sealed enclosure and sub, plus added an amp for the new sub and front door speakers.