Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Spacers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,

Looking at wheel spacer options for the Model 3 Performance. I’ve read through a few threads and find the information a little unclear.

I understand there is a difference between which spacers can be fitted to the performance and LR/SR models. So if I were to order the ones supplied by Blox which are specific to the Performance model, then would they just bolt straight on?

Also on the Blox website, when on the order page for the Spacers, does it refer the the individual spacer size or axle size increase? I would guess it’s the axle size, see link below;

thanks

BLOXSPORT 6061T6 5x114.3 64.1 for Tesla Model 3 perfermance [BLM Series] - $105.00 : BLOXsport Wheel Spacers, Aluminun 7075-T6 Forged!

Reactions: bcpm3p
Subbed. I am in this exact scenario myself and just posted on this in another thread (listed below). My research indicates the rotor on the TM3 with PUO (red calipers) is 5mm thinner than the non-P cars, leading to an extra 5mm of stud length on P cars when compare to non-P cars. This means the thinnest you can run is 20mm on the P, but you can run 15 on the non-P with the factory wheels before the factory studs make contact with the factory wheels when running a spacer. Personally, I think 20mm produces too much poke so trying to find ways to make this happen. I claim this as internet derived which is subject to the normal internet posting idiots so don't take this as truth.

There is a great post of a brilliant looking P where I asked the builder exactly how he got 15mm to work on the front.
Peanut Butter Jelly Time build - Tesla Owners Online

Subbed. I am in this exact scenario myself and just posted on this in another thread (listed below). My research indicates the rotor on the TM3 with PUO (red calipers) is 5mm thinner than the non-P cars, leading to an extra 5mm of stud length on P cars when compare to non-P cars. This means the thinnest you can run is 20mm on the P, but you can run 15 on the non-P with the factory wheels before the factory studs make contact with the factory wheels when running a spacer. Personally, I think 20mm produces too much poke so trying to find ways to make this happen. I claim this as internet derived which is subject to the normal internet posting idiots so don't take this as truth.

There is a great post of a brilliant looking P where I asked the builder exactly how he got 15mm to work on the front.
Peanut Butter Jelly Time build - Tesla Owners Online

He's on this forum as well. I emailed Bloxsport regarding 15mm spacers for a Performance, and they said the only issue is the bolt for the rotor needs to be removed.

Building of the Faurrari

Reactions: Cyclone1
Recently fitted a set 15/20 to the 2020 P3D, used blox and was very happy with them.

high torque on the spacer to hub, lower torque on the wheel to spacer.
Thank you. When ordering from the Blox website did you select “30” size for the 15mm? There is no “15” to select on the webpage, so suspect it’s axle size increase they are referring to?

Do you know if 15mm is the minimum size spacer that will fit on a Performance hub?

Word of caution, don't use 15mm on the fronts of the Performance+ unless you want the studs to damage the wheels. I've got first hand knowledge that without trimming, 15 will dig into the wheels with the BLOX. 20 in the back is just about perfect though!

With that said.... I've got a pair of slightly used 15mm BLOX if anyone's interested, PM me!

Word of caution, don't use 15mm on the fronts of the Performance+ unless you want the studs to damage the wheels. I've got first hand knowledge that without trimming, 15 will dig into the wheels with the BLOX. 20 in the back is just about perfect though!
Have you got any pics to explain. Lots of owners have fitted 15mm with no problems. Maybe you used the wrong length studs or they were supplied incorrectly?

Have you got any pics to explain. Lots of owners have fitted 15mm with no problems. Maybe you used the wrong length studs or they were supplied incorrectly?

I understood it as the performance model has the thinner rotors and the stock wheels may not have enough internal space to accommodate the extra stud length that protrudes from the 15mm spacer. A 20mm spacer would cover that extra stud length.

This is only an issue with the performance brakes and stock wheels. Lots of owners without performance brakes or who fit aftermarket wheels might not have the same issue with 15mm spacers up front.

nceSdY8.png

Last edited:
Recently fitted a set 15/20 to the 2020 P3D, used blox and was very happy with them.

high torque on the spacer to hub, lower torque on the wheel to spacer.
Hi, reading the reply above about Blox 15mm spacers not fitting the M3P with 20’s, is making me doubt whether I’ve done the right thing buying them. Did you definitely fit Blox 15mm on the front with no issues?

TLDR; 15mm spacers didn’t fit. So I only used the 20mm spacers in the rear. Front is stock.

I had my car at the local tire shop today and I can confirm that the 15mm BloxSport spacers do NOT fit the factory 20” Wheels on the Model 3 Performance. The factory studs hit the back of the cavity of the OEM wheel.

The factory studs protrude out 17mm from the 15mm spacer. And the cavity pockets of the OEM 20” wheels are only 14mm deep.

I purchased the BloxSport 15/20 set back in January and waited for spring to get my factory summers back on. Glad I saw these post the past few days.

I can also confirm the 20mm spacers fit the front. But 20mm makes the wheels poke out too much in the front for me, on the stock suspension.

So I left the front stock and used the 20mm spacers on the rear as planned.

Are there 10mm hub centric spacers without the studs. Anyone know where to get these?

Yes, I know I can buy new wheels with the proper offsets. I really want the Vossen HF-2’s or the HRE P-200’s.

But I have a budget and would rather get coilovers before a new set of new wheels.

View media item 121099View media item 121101View media item 121100View media item 121103View media item 121102View media item 121105View media item 121104

Attachments

• 8BA3D2C5-C6C9-4C8F-A47A-CDEEF40E71CC.jpeg
    8BA3D2C5-C6C9-4C8F-A47A-CDEEF40E71CC.jpeg
    306.7 KB · Views: 1,164
Reactions: Cyclone1 and bcpm3p
Thank you for the clarity and sharing this. What Is annoying is that I messaged Blox and made it clear the car was an M3P with standard 20’s, yet they made a recommendation for me to order. Just been reading back through some other threads and looks like the other alternative is to fit 3mm spacers on the front.

I’ll be contacting Blox to see what they say and if they’ll take the 15mm back.

H&R do a 17mm version but it sounds like these will be 1mm short still.

Reactions: SuperNuprin