Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Spacers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m sticking with my Ubers too.

I’ve had at least one set of aftermarket wheels on my last several rides (Z06 had 3), and when I got the TM3 I went with the Performance with the intent on keeping the stock wheels - I really love how they look, they’re decently sized too, I’m planning on swapping out the 235/35 for some 255/35.
I didn't like the ubers at stock height and offset but they're growing on me now that I put the coilovers & spacers on. I plan on 255/35 too once the OE tires wear out, mostly due to alot of reviews on this forum, and maybe some 3-5 mm spacers up ft to even it out with the rear.

I didn't like the ubers at stock height and offset but they're growing on me now that I put the coilovers & spacers on. I plan on 255/35 too once the OE tires wear out, mostly due to alot of reviews on this forum, and maybe some 3-5 mm spacers up ft to even it out with the rear.
I agree. I hated the Ubers so much at delivery I sold them off but it turns it out it was really the ride height and wheel gap that was the issue. Now I’ve seen Ubers on lowered cars and just wish I’d kept them as opposed to the hassle of selling. They fit the car very well.

Oh cool. Can you send a link for the shank lugs you are using ? This may be the solution to my long national nightmare. Also interested in whether the 8mm fits without the shanks. I have a set of 8mm ready to go.
So I did testing with the 8mm and 10mm spacer with stock and ET shank lugs from amazon that had those splines.

8mm spacer - normal lugs 7 turns so not enough to use

10mm spacer - ET lugs 12.5 turns, obviously didnt try regular lugs

So none of these spacers had a lip. Even though the 10mm fit, since there was no lip, the stock wheels dont sit on any of the remaining hub because the back of the P wheels has that lip carved out for the 2.5mm part sticking out from the rotor hat. So I didnt use them with the stock wheels. They would probably be OK with aftermarket wheels though since the back of the wheel would still sit on the remaining hub.

1st image is the 10mm you can see the stock wheel is not touching the hub

2nd image is the 8mm just resting on the hub.

Attachments

• 20220319_170355.jpg
    20220319_170355.jpg
    526.1 KB · Views: 167
  • 20220319_170915.jpg
    20220319_170915.jpg
    532.1 KB · Views: 107
So I did testing with the 8mm and 10mm spacer with stock and ET shank lugs from amazon that had those splines.

8mm spacer - normal lugs 7 turns so not enough to use

10mm spacer - ET lugs 12.5 turns, obviously didnt try regular lugs

So none of these spacers had a lip. Even though the 10mm fit, since there was no lip, the stock wheels dont sit on any of the remaining hub because the back of the P wheels has that lip carved out for the 2.5mm part sticking out from the rotor hat. So I didnt use them with the stock wheels. They would probably be OK with aftermarket wheels though since the back of the wheel would still sit on the remaining hub.

1st image is the 10mm you can see the stock wheel is not touching the hub

2nd image is the 8mm just resting on the hub.
A couple thoughts:

1. 7 turns is probably enough isn’t it? At least for a daily? Although no reason to risk this since the extended lugs fit.

2. When you say no lip, do you mean no cut out for the performance hub? If so, gotta get custom machined spacers in my opinion. I have some 10mm customs being made to address the lip.

Assuming I can get those ET shanks to fit, looks like I’ll be able to get the 10mm on. Very nice. Thanks for doing this.

A couple thoughts:

1. 7 turns is probably enough isn’t it? At least for a daily? Although no reason to risk this since the extended lugs fit.

2. When you say no lip, do you mean no cut out for the performance hub? If so, gotta get custom machined spacers in my opinion. I have some 10mm customs being made to address the lip.

Assuming I can get those ET shanks to fit, looks like I’ll be able to get the 10mm on. Very nice. Thanks for doing this.
They

I heard it was 7.5 minimum or was it 8.5? i forget.

When I say lip, I mean the hub lip to mimic the continuation of the hub. Normally, 5mm spacers don't have a hub lip. The stock wheel mating surface is carved out 2.5mm for the 70.5 mm lip before it goes to 64.1mm.

The 8mm spacers were 20bux. I'm not paying 300 bux for 4 H&R spacers that I can only use with stock wheels with ET Shank lugs because they have a hub lip. 8mm is fine, ill be fine without 6mm extra. At that point I might as well buy bolt on spacers i can use with all wheels.

I had custom spacers made years ago for the Evo. How do you relay the info about the spacers also having to have the extra cutout at 70.5mm and then neck back down to 64.1mm for the P cars?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220316-172019_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220316-172019_Chrome.jpg
    228.9 KB · Views: 109

When I say lip, I mean the hub lip to mimic the continuation of the hub. Normally, 5mm spacers don't have a hub lip. The stock wheel mating surface is carved out 2.5mm for the 70.5 mm lip before it goes to 64.1mm.

The 8mm spacers were 20bux. I'm not paying 300 bux for 4 H&R spacers that I can only use with stock wheels with ET Shank lugs because they have a hub lip. 8mm is fine, ill be fine without 6mm extra. At that point I might as well buy bolt on spacers i can use with all wheels.

I had custom spacers made years ago for the Evo. How do you relay the info about the spacers also having to have the extra cutout at 70.5mm and then neck back down to 64.1mm for the P cars?
Traverse Ridge Racing knows how to do it. Just email them and ask for custom spacers for an M3P. My 10mm are on order. I have some 8s they made.

Yeah 7.5 but 7 turns on a street car should be fine.
Oh nice. What do they charge for those?
Should be under 100.
Oh nice. What do they charge for those? Why not just go to the 14mm instead of 10mm since that can be used with the ET lugs?
hmmm.

Yeah 7.5 but 7 turns on a street car should be fine.

Should be under 100.

hmmm.
So I just emailed them. 10mm is the max they do for slip on spacers. Any bigger has studs on them. Ya i guess 7 turns might be fine in the streets. They charge $85 a pair for the 10mm.

I'd rather just go with bolt on big spacers than pay 170 for 10mm when I have 8mm for 20bux that still allow the wheel to center on the hub still. 😂.

Reactions: travass808
So I just emailed them. 10mm is the max they do for slip on spacers. Any bigger has studs on them. Ya i guess 7 turns might be fine in the streets. They charge $85 a pair for the 10mm.

I'd rather just go with bolt on big spacers than pay 170 for 10mm when I have 8mm for 20bux that still allow the wheel to center on the hub still.
I wouldn’t use the 8mm on an m3p without the hub lip machined. Yes as for the big bolt on that’s an option as well. I can’t use them for my Rohanna unfortunately without shaving the studs.

TLDR; 15mm spacers didn’t fit. So I only used the 20mm spacers in the rear. Front is stock.

I had my car at the local tire shop today and I can confirm that the 15mm BloxSport spacers do NOT fit the factory 20” Wheels on the Model 3 Performance. The factory studs hit the back of the cavity of the OEM wheel.

The factory studs protrude out 17mm from the 15mm spacer. And the cavity pockets of the OEM 20” wheels are only 14mm deep.

I purchased the BloxSport 15/20 set back in January and waited for spring to get my factory summers back on. Glad I saw these post the past few days.

I can also confirm the 20mm spacers fit the front. But 20mm makes the wheels poke out too much in the front for me, on the stock suspension.

So I left the front stock and used the 20mm spacers on the rear as planned.

Are there 10mm hub centric spacers without the studs. Anyone know where to get these?

Yes, I know I can buy new wheels with the proper offsets. I really want the Vossen HF-2’s or the HRE P-200’s.

But I have a budget and would rather get coilovers before a new set of new wheels.

View media item 121099View media item 121101View media item 121100View media item 121103View media item 121102View media item 121105View media item 121104
I am running 20mm in the rear only as well. Is there any issue with nothing else on the front? Is the car too staggered? Any handling issues? I noticed at 140 mph its a bit unstable but never hit 140 without the spacers. Maybe the 235s are just too narrow

what's the general consensus on spacers? Is everyone going 15mm front and 20mm rear if they lower the car 1 inch or more?
15/20 is ideal but not doable on an M3P since 15 likely won’t clear. 20 may not even work with some aftermarket wheels - like my rohanna. 5/20 is common on the m3p. LR can do 15/20. You likely will want some spacers since you’ll get some rear tuck lowered.

I am currently planning to lower with MPP coil overs and the adjustable rear camber arms. The wheels I have are the uberturbines.

appreciate the help!
That is exactly the same setup I'm going with. I'll be adding 5mm spacers in front, 16mm in the back. Have all the parts but need to schedule with the shop. I'll update here once I have it done.

It depends on your taste, but from what I could gather in the several topics on this matter, these sizes appear to be as close as possible to perfect.

Reactions: Alfred_Lanning
I am currently planning to lower with MPP coil overs and the adjustable rear camber arms. The wheels I have are the uberturbines.

appreciate the help!
That is exactly the same setup I'm going with. I'll be adding 5mm spacers in front, 16mm in the back. Have all the parts but need to schedule with the shop. I'll update here once I have it done.

It depends on your taste, but from what I could gather in the several topics on this matter, these sizes appear to be as close as possible to perfect.
This is with the caamber corrected to about -1 degree front and rear with the use of MPP rear camber arms as well as OEM front adjustments. This vehicle happens to be on Eibach springs but you get the point. Lowering is lowering.

This has symmetrical 14mm spacers as well. I think this is perfect with the OEM "baby stretch" 235's on the 9J's. If you opt to go wider with a 265/30/20 tire then you can just move to 5mm slip on spacers in my professional opinion. This is a daily occurrence for us in Fremont, CA.

20210519-P3D-Jazz-Eibach MPP RUCA 15mm aspira.jpg
20210519-P3D-Jazz-Eibach MPP RUCA 15mm aspira-2.jpg
20210519-P3D-Jazz-Eibach MPP RUCA 15mm aspira-5.jpg
20210521-P3D-Kevin Wong-White-MPP Non ADJ-4.jpg