Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Spacers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Have blox 5mm up front on a P3D and the 20” wheels are still a bit sunk in. Any 10-15mm front spacers work without shaving lugs? So much mixed answers everywhere.
4F091478-9038-4FD4-BFF2-7650B25FE7EF.jpeg

Last edited:
If your simply putting a 5mm hub centric spacer on your car and you have a p3d you will be fine. If you need any larger you will not have enough factory stud for the lug nut to be safely installed. I tried a 8mm spacer and is not really safe. Not enough stud.

Due to the fact the p3d rotors are 5mm thinner than the other models you will need a minimum 20mm spacer with studs. Anything smaller may work depending on how deep the pockets are on your wheels. My personal experience is that the 15mm didn’t work and studs were hitting inside pocket as many others have experienced. If you want to shave or cut the studs you can but not the route I wanted to go.

20mm is the sweet spot if you can deal w slight wheel poke. I used H&R. On the p3d the rotor has a lip on it and other brands say they work but physically don’t. The inside bore needs to be beveled out and most are just tapered. See pics. The silver one is the H&R and you can see how it’s supposed to look.
06EE6503-3891-482F-A20B-20190F4286BC.jpeg
7C5CD074-7EAF-438A-820C-C161F4EA5670.jpeg
55950997-8642-435A-A993-51329D263A49.jpeg
11FEC29F-2455-4E43-ABCF-FDDDE8664951.jpeg

Have blox 5mm up front on a P3D and the 20” wheels are still a bit sunk in. Any 10-15mm front spacers work without shaving lugs? So much mixed answers everywhere. View attachment 634583

nothing wrong with shaving 1-2mm off the front studs. I did it and it was fine. Upgraded the wheels since then and that was fine too. 5 is negligible and 20 is too much poke for the fronts. I think H&R has 17mm hub centric spacer.

If your simply putting a 5mm hub centric spacer on your car and you have a p3d you will be fine. If you need any larger you will not have enough factory stud for the lug nut to be safely installed. I tried a 8mm spacer and is not really safe. Not enough stud.

Due to the fact the p3d rotors are 5mm thinner than the other models you will need a minimum 20mm spacer with studs. Anything smaller may work depending on how deep the pockets are on your wheels. My personal experience is that the 15mm didn’t work and studs were hitting inside pocket as many others have experienced. If you want to shave or cut the studs you can but not the route I wanted to go.

20mm is the sweet spot if you can deal w slight wheel poke. I used H&R. On the p3d the rotor has a lip on it and other brands say they work but physically don’t. The inside bore needs to be beveled out and most are just tapered. See pics. The silver one is the H&R and you can see how it’s supposed to look. View attachment 634592View attachment 634594View attachment 634595View attachment 634596

What brand is the black spacer? I am trying to find a Blox/H&R alternative. Were those any cheaper? Im throwing some Aeros on my M3P for commuting duties and at this point don't feel like spending another 200+ bucks on spacers unless i really have to. (i have a BBK so i dont have to worry about the step in the hub)

Thanks.

What brand is the black spacer? I am trying to find a Blox/H&R alternative. Were those any cheaper? Im throwing some Aeros on my M3P for commuting duties and at this point don't feel like spending another 200+ bucks on spacers unless i really have to. (i have a BBK so i dont have to worry about the step in the hub)

Thanks.
Tesla model 3 & Y 15mm/ 20mm staggard Ultra heavy duty wheel spacer kit | eBay

Also if you have the pup p3d you cannot use the Aeros. The offset is not the issue w those it’s the fact the wheels are too small to clear the calipers. Some people have gotten it to work however have to save down an edge on the red caliper. Now other 18 inch wheels do work like the ones from tsportline.

Thanks.
You do have to worry about tha the step
In the hub since your wheels may have the step if your installing a spacer then that’s what needs to meet the rotor. Not the wheel

Tesla model 3 & Y 15mm/ 20mm staggard Ultra heavy duty wheel spacer kit | eBay

Also if you have the pup p3d you cannot use the Aeros. The offset is not the issue w those it’s the fact the wheels are too small to clear the calipers. Some people have gotten it to work however have to save down an edge on the red caliper. Now other 18 inch wheels do work like the ones from tsportline.

I have an aftermarket (Rotora) Front and rear BBK. 380x32 front, 350x29 Rear. The rears fit fine as is, but i am downsizing the fronts to 355mm to fit the Aero wheel.

Hi guys, just picked up the 2021 M3P

Purchased 5mm spacers for the front and 18mm spacers for rear. Had issues as wouldn’t fit over the hub so not flush to the face of the disc/rotor.

I popped down to a local machine shop who chamfered the inner edge so they now fit perfectly.

Front looks perfect with 5mm on new 20” Uber Turbine alloys but rears stick out too far, personally I think 10mm on rear would be perfect for rear but studs would require shortening or changing.

Also after driving the car feels odd in comparison to without.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    505.1 KB · Views: 491
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    370 KB · Views: 459

Purchased 5mm spacers for the front and 18mm spacers for rear. Had issues as wouldn’t fit over the hub so not flush to the face of the disc/rotor.

I popped down to a local machine shop who chamfered the inner edge so they now fit perfectly.

Front looks perfect with 5mm on new 20” Uber Turbine alloys but rears stick out too far, personally I think 10mm on rear would be perfect for rear but studs would require shortening or changing.

What do you mean the car feels odd?

So you are saying the 21 M3P need different sized spacers than the 20?

Wonder if the additional 1/2" of rim width of the ubers changed what spacers fit right.

Last edited:
Oh that's great news. That's the last bit of information missing from that Aspira fitment chart. I don't think they had the pocket depth measurement for the uberturbines. You don't happen to know this measurement do you?

View attachment 635867
No I did not measure the pocket depth. It is at least deep enough to accommodate the protrusion of the lug studs from a 15mm spacer. I will try to remember to measure them when I swap street pads back in.

Reactions: Eddie1218
I have a 2020 M3P with 14mm H&R up front. They required zero modification to the studs. Happy as hell with the result.

I'm not doubting you but this doesn't add up with all the data I have pulled on my 2020 P3D with the factory 20" wheels. You have obviously pulled this off without issues or vibration so just gonna check some things. You have the red calipers right? Wheels just like mine as seen below?

I found the P3D stud protrusion on factory rotors is 32mm. With that said a 14mm spacer will still have (32 - 14) = 18mm of stud protrusion. Since the 2020 P3D OEM wheel has a 16mm pocket depth then there's still a 2mm clearance issue and is why a 20mm is recommended. It's very interesting that yours is working out so I'm just trying to figure out how or why your car is different.
P3D Stud Protrusion.jpg
P3D Aspira spacer installed.jpg

I have a 2020 M3P with 14mm H&R up front. They required zero modification to the studs. Happy as hell with the result.

I'm not doubting you but this doesn't add up with all the data I have pulled on my 2020 P3D with the factory 20" wheels. You have obviously pulled this off without issues or vibration so just gonna check some things. You have the red calipers right? Wheels just like mine as seen below?

I found the P3D stud protrusion on factory rotors is 32mm. With that said a 14mm spacer will still have (32 - 14) = 18mm of stud protrusion. Since the 2020 P3D OEM wheel has a 16mm pocket depth then there's still a 2mm clearance issue and is why a 20mm is recommended. It's very interesting that yours is working out so I'm just trying to figure out how or why your car is different.
View attachment 642382 View attachment 642383

I believe it's a different approach than a studded spacer. H&R is a regular 14mm spacer paired with shank nuts that dig further into the lug bore.

note39.jpg

This is a decent solution for spacing OEM wheel applications, as you don't have to worry about the hub pocket depth. However, you will be stuck using these nuts exclusively.

Last edited: