Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Spacers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sorry if this has been answered already i cannot find a definitive answer... Looking to fit 15/20 spacers on my 2021 M3LR

I cannot see 15mm option on the BloxSport website...

Is the website stating total axle increase? so i should order 30mm?

Help Appreciated.

It will be a whole lot cheaper to just buy from Traverse with the notch.
I forgot to post this before, but this took about 5min on the lathe. So definitely way cheaper than Traverse spacers ;) I just measurements off a spare set of 20mm BLOXSPORT spacers since I was too lazy to pull the wheel off. Looks like they needed a 70mm dia and 4mm deep bore to fit the M3 Performance rotors.

1630331563143.png

1630331584311.png

Sorry if this has been answered already i cannot find a definitive answer... Looking to fit 15/20 spacers on my 2021 M3LR

I cannot see 15mm option on the BloxSport website...

Is the website stating total axle increase? so i should order 30mm?

Help Appreciated.

In case anyone found the same issue…I contacted them and they replied with box BloxSport & Bono’s on the signature…they are the same company. 15mm Spacers are listed on the Bonoss site, not the BloxSport one….so buy from Bonoss.

"For sale are a set of Custom 5mm Hubcentric Spacers for Model 3. Will fit all trim base/LR AWD/Performance/Performance Upgrade. Machined by www.motorsport-tech.com at $100/set. They even drilled out the hole for the rotor bolt."

I have two of these 5mm spacers for sale.
Just pay for shipping.

Attachments

• 20210614_161803.jpg
    20210614_161803.jpg
    129.7 KB · Views: 91
Had my wheels flush with the fender at 20mm front and 25mm rear spacers. Now I’m going aggressive to get the wheels/sidewalls to poke but still keep the tread under the fenders. I’ve measured a ton and hope this works. 35mm front and 45mm rear. Wish me luck.

View attachment 704207

Current 20/25mm setup:
View attachment 704208
Looks amazing as usually bro!

Reactions: Foxjordan22
Aspira Wheel Spacers inventory getting reloaded in a several weeks.

DSC00272_1024x1024@2x.jpg
We suggest pre-ordering now if you've been waiting for wheel spacers to go back in-stock.
👍

Danny

Reactions: CorneliusRox
Chiming in to reciprocate with all the help I’ve garnered through this thread and forum.

Stock 2021 Model 3 Performance w/ 20” Uberturbine wheels and suspension:

1. Stock summer Pirellis (2345/35/20) were too stretched for me plus the car will be my daily through northeast weather.
2. Switched to 255/35/20 Conti DWS 06 Plus since I’ve had very good experience with the non-plus version on other vehicles. Switched the software wheel configuration in the car to the “track package” set from Tesla, which runs 245/35/20 wheels.
3. Tried 15-, 18-, and 8-mm spacers in the rear to get the wheels close if not flush with the rear fender (the last one was a slip on while the former 2 were studded). Confirming with Model+’s post that 15 mm studded spacers work with Uberturbines (at least mine; manufactured mid/late 2021).
4. My opinion is that 7-mm (+/- 2 mm) spacers work best to get the rim flush with the rear fender; tire brand and size will dictate overall fit/preference. My experience is Michelin has the most “vertical” tire wall followed by Continental and lastly Pirelli; other brands I’ve tried fall somewhere in between these extremes.
5. Use of slip-on spacers beyond 5 mm may result in less than ideal wheel securement (not enough thread engagement). Since the Performance version of the Model 3 utilizes a thinner brake rotor hat, which results in an effectively longer hub/wheel stud by 3 or 5 mm (needs to be verified), slip-on spacers up to 5 mm should be fine. In my case, I utilized extended-shank wheel nuts to remedy this.
6. Front wheels with replacement tires mentioned above did not require spacers to be flush with front fenders. Tried 3-mm spacers and it was too much to the extent of the rear with 15-mm spacers; didn’t even bother with the 5-mm spacers.

Stock 2021 Model Y LR w/ 20” Induction wheels and suspension:

1. Rear (and possibly front as well) wheels do not accept 15-mm studded wheel spacers; the stock hub/wheel studs interfere with the rim pockets. I ended up using the 18-mm studded wheel spacers with a slight poke in the rear but I didn’t mind it with the Model Y; looks nice in my opinion for an SUV-style vehicle.
2. Front setup is with a 5-mm slip-on spacer utilizing the extended-shank wheel nuts. Could possibly look better with a 7- or even an 8-mm spacer to match the rear but I couldn’t be bothered at this time.

Photos to support above text:

ADFE6FC1-E258-4118-A217-0E2BC7C31680.jpeg
Rear wheel with spacer.
360DE573-632F-4568-9D56-CBBC56600AEA.jpeg

Rear wheel with 8-mm slip-on spacer.
649AEFEF-6800-4763-91A4-7AABC937151F.jpeg
Front wheel with no spacer (in hindsight, not the best photo since background cabinetry is black).
55A68B89-7324-434B-9115-1FC5A8CC6D12.jpeg
Front wheel with 3-mm slip on spacer. Again, not the best shot given black background reference.
55A68B89-7324-434B-9115-1FC5A8CC6D12.jpeg

Reference image of the Conti tires; don’t have the Pirellis for comparison.

Attachments

• EC75170A-BDF6-4BC0-91A5-BC7FCA288677.jpeg
    EC75170A-BDF6-4BC0-91A5-BC7FCA288677.jpeg
    262.4 KB · Views: 88
  • Informative
Reactions: slade037
So I just realized I’m not able to edit posts. So additions to the photos posted above:

1. Rear wheel w/ 15-mm studded spacer.
2. Rear wheel w/ 8-mm slip-on spacer.
3. Front wheel w/o spacer.
4. Front wheel w/ 3-mm slip-on spacer.
5. Duplicate of previous.
6. Reference photo of Conti DWS 06 Plus 255/35/20 tires on stock 2021 Model 3 Performance Uberturbine rims.

Reactions: Lindenwood
Additional info:

1. Model 3 Performance spacers need a minimum clearance of 4 mm in the initial 70.1 mm center bore before tapering to the standard 64.1 mm center bore standard.
2. Model 3 Performance standard 64.1 mm center bore protrusion is roughly 9 mm in length.
4. Studded spacers used in above description were from BLOXSPORT but I imagine any other equivalents Will work as long as they accommodate the 4-mm initial center bore lip of the Model 3 Performance brake rotor hat.
5. Slip-on spacers used in above description were from Stance Magic and Wheel Connect; both of which were sourced through Amazon. I imagine any other competitive versions will work keeping the center bore caveat in mind.

Additional info:

1. Model 3 Performance spacers need a minimum clearance of 4 mm in the initial 70.1 mm center bore before tapering to the standard 64.1 mm center bore standard.
2. Model 3 Performance standard 64.1 mm center bore protrusion is roughly 9 mm in length.
4. Studded spacers used in above description were from BLOXSPORT but I imagine any other equivalents Will work as long as they accommodate the 4-mm initial center bore lip of the Model 3 Performance brake rotor hat.
5. Slip-on spacers used in above description were from Stance Magic and Wheel Connect; both of which were sourced through Amazon. I imagine any other competitive versions will work keeping the center bore caveat in mind.
x2, that's exactly the measurements I got as well. 4mm of 70.1mm for the performance rotors, then the typical 64.1mm center bore.
Great job summarizing it!

Hello,

Where did you find these extended shank wheel nuts?

Danny
Hi Danny,

I got these though a generic vendor (Wheel Accessories) on Amazon.

Wheel Accessories Parts Set of 24... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08L75GQS3?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

There are other branded versions I’ve used before but these were for experimentation in case they didn’t work or I didn’t like them. I have to say that the quality of these are just as good and I’ll be keeping them.

Best regards,

Gerald.

Last edited:
That's pretty interesting. So the shallow shank part actually fits inside the lug bore on the wheels and gives you more thread engagement?
Correct! Helps center non-hub-centric spacers as well if you install them carefully and if the lug nut/bolt bore of the spacer is close to that of the lug nut/bolt diameter effectively making the spacer a lug-centric spacer. Still and more importantly though, you’ll have to get the actual wheel bore centered.

Best regards,

Gerald.

Reactions: CorneliusRox