Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Spacers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well the Amazon ET lugs did not fit my rohanna so I’m stuck with 8mm slip ons. That was my final hope. Only options left are longer bolts and slips ons or shave the OEM bolts and try the wheel adapters. I’ve spent so much time and money on this I’m inclined to leave it. Fwiw I got 8 turns on my wheels which is probably on the borderline. I don’t track and drive like an old lady generally so I’m going to go with it and keep an eye on things. Tire rack says 7.5 turns is the minimum but others suggest 9.5. Oh well. Should be fine. I’m not thrilled with the stance but it’s a modest improvement over no spacers at all. These cars are a PIA to deal with. So many issues. If anyone wants some custom 10mm slip ons with the machined lip for an M3P pm me.

Well the Amazon ET lugs did not fit my rohanna so I’m stuck with 8mm slip ons. That was my final hope. Only options left are longer bolts and slips ons or shave the OEM bolts and try the wheel adapters. I’ve spent so much time and money on this I’m inclined to leave it. Fwiw I got 8 turns on my wheels which is probably on the borderline. I don’t track and drive like an old lady generally so I’m going to go with it and keep an eye on things. Tire rack says 7.5 turns is the minimum but others suggest 9.5. Oh well. Should be fine. I’m not thrilled with the stance but it’s a modest improvement over no spacers at all. These cars are a PIA to deal with. So many issues. If anyone wants some custom 10mm slip ons with the machined lip for an M3P pm me.
sorry to hear about all this. Would likely be cheaper to just buy different wheels in a better offset. If you ever need advice or tips on deals lmk. I always have me eyes peeled for such things. I change wheels like I change socks.

sorry to hear about all this. Would likely be cheaper to just buy different wheels in a better offset. If you ever need advice or tips on deals lmk. I always have me eyes peeled for such things. I change wheels like I change socks.
Thanks. Ironically I passed on custom offsets this time because I wanted the flexibility but you are right. Live and learn I guess. It’s inexplicable why the rohanna won’t work with a 20mm spacer. That was a gut punch. If anything cool comes your way LMK.

According to this site, we need 9.5 turns. Don't know how I'd feel running 8mm spacers with the ambiguities on them.

According to this site, we need 9.5 turns. Don't know how I'd feel running 8mm spacers with the ambiguities on them.

Seems like there is room for disagreement on this. Tire rack says 7.5. I do understand the math suggesting 9.5 but it seems like a rule of thumb not really based on real evidence.

Traverse Ridge Racing says 8mm is the max. I discussed it with them extensively before putting them on and they seem to know Teslas.

They said they aware of people tracking their m3p with 8mm spacers without issue. I trust them. I’ve been running them for a couple of weeks. So far seems fine. I’m still looking for a better solution and may remove them as you point out it may not be worth it.

Last edited:
Reactions: drpheta
22B3D3C9-1943-4CEC-A206-0ADC7B8CA7CF.jpeg

Just had these 14mm H&R Trak spacers on my ‘22 and they look great. Both front and rear.

Update. Ordered some new Rohanna to replace my Forgestars. Sadly, even with 20mm spacers, they did not have deep enough pockets in the wheels. The the factory lugs were grinding against the rim. Even tried adding a 5mm slip spacer on top of the 20mm and it still rubbed. So I’m stuck with 5mm all around absent a solution. Any ideas? Trimming the lugs might be a path but I’m not sure. The position of the wheel pockets was part of the the problem. Total bummer. Here she is with 5mm spacers. Sorry for the dirt. Snowstorm last week.
Were you able to find a solution?

Looks great, what springs? also can someone tell me if your getting wheel alignment done a local shop as in the UK it's hard to get it done anywhere other than a SC?
I have MPP sport coilovers. Also the shop that did my install did my alignment as well. They are known for performance alignments around my area. Another side pic.

Attachments

• 6B290AF7-A39F-409C-9C0D-FBB2F00F6C82.jpeg
    6B290AF7-A39F-409C-9C0D-FBB2F00F6C82.jpeg
    411.3 KB · Views: 250
Has anyone actually trimmed the OEM lugs to get spacers to clear? For mine, looks I need to cut a few mm. if you have do you know whether it then impacts the ability to go back to stock because the bolts are now too short? Or is there enough "extra" that a few mm should be fine. TIA.

Has anyone actually trimmed the OEM lugs to get spacers to clear? For mine, looks I need to cut a few mm. if you have do you know whether it then impacts the ability to go back to stock because the bolts are now too short? Or is there enough "extra" that a few mm should be fine. TIA.
Bumping my own question. Anyone know if taking a few mm off the bolts will make them too short to go back to stock and remove the spacers? Thanks.

I think I have it figured out but want to double check and any help would be greatly appreciated.

I want a flush appearance with an alignment that won't shred my tires. I want to avoid any crazy modifications but am willing to trim or replace the studs if needed.
Current variables
21M3P (lowered with MPP sport coilovers and rear camber arms)
Wheels Titan T-R10 (19x9+34)
Tires Michelin PS4 (245/40)

Thanks in advance!

I think I have it figured out but want to double check and any help would be greatly appreciated.

I want a flush appearance with an alignment that won't shred my tires. I want to avoid any crazy modifications but am willing to trim or replace the studs if needed.
Current variables
21M3P (lowered with MPP sport coilovers and rear camber arms)
Wheels Titan T-R10 (19x9+34)
Tires Michelin PS4 (245/40)

Thanks in advance!
Are you on stock suspension?

Are you on stock suspension?
My bad. I am on MPP coilovers. My current choice are the 15mm spacers all around but a bit concerned it may be to much in the front. Tearing through thread shows plenty of examples of the Ubers and I am using those as rough estimate due to the 20x9 35offset being fairly close to my 19x9 34. I assuming the difference is negligible but do not have the experience or expertise to be confident in that statement.