Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Spacers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
18mm should clear the studs but may not clear the front fenders.
My understanding was also that 18mm would clear the studs on Ubers, given most had measured 2mm of interference with 15mm spacers. I searched “18mm” and didn’t find anything but a single anecdote of someone saying 18mm wouldn’t fit, but no actual reports of interference.

But yeah, 18mm wouldn’t likely clear the front fenders without ~1.7 degrees of camber or so. I am running 2 degrees up front with 255/35R20 and have room for 20mm spacers up front (which I am about to install, in the form of 15mm studded spacers with aftermarket rotors totaling around 19mm from stock).

Last edited:
My understanding was also that 18mm would clear the studs on Ubers, given most had measured 2mm of interference with 15mm spacers. I searched “18mm” and didn’t find anything but a single anecdote of someone saying 18mm wouldn’t fit, but no actual reports of interference.

But yeah, 18mm wouldn’t likely clear the front fenders without ~1.7 degrees of camber or so. I am running 2 degrees up front with 255/35R20 and have room for 20mm spacers up front (which I am about to install, in the form of 15mm studded spacers with aftermarket rotors totaling around 19mm from stock).
ah yes reading this mine will be stock camber and height so might look way different on 14mm slip ons than the pics earlier in the thread.

maybe 5/18 better for now, good info, I'm basically making life more complicated the more I look into it!

Asked this before but never got an answer. Does anyone know of trimming the OEM lugs by a few mm to get spacers to clear will make them too short going back to stock? I’d like to get 20mm back on but if it’s going to compromise the car in stock form it’s not worth it.

Asked this before but never got an answer. Does anyone know of trimming the OEM lugs by a few mm to get spacers to clear will make them too short going back to stock? I’d like to get 20mm back on but if it’s going to compromise the car in stock form it’s not worth it.
in theory 5mm of trimming is the max amount. The Silver caliper cars have 27mm of thread engagement, the P3D red calipers have 32mm. So there's your tolerance.

I just trawled back and found these 14 mm slip ons..... the set up looks great..... anyone have any experience good or bad with them before I see if they'll ship to the uk!?
They're for a still on the boat from Shanghai M3P, stock suspension and Ubers obviously.

Cheers in advance
We have the H&R 14mm spacers in-stock and we ship to the UK!
These use extended shank lug nuts, which are included.

Please message us or email [email protected] and we'll get you an actual shipping quote to the UK.

Danny

Hey all,

I don’t know much about wheels, but I’m trying to achieve a more aggressive look on my Model 3 RWD.

I have Martian Wheels in a staggered setup.

Front: 19x8.5 +35 Tires 245/40/19
Rear: 19x9.5 +30 Tires 265/35/19

I’d like to make the tires stick out more, so I was hoping to do a 5mm Spacer in the front and 25mm in the rear.

Can I clear that without any rubbing on stock suspension and body?

Appreciate any insight.

Couldn’t edit my post, but I just saw a pair of 30mm Spacers, so I’d ideally like to go with that on my rear 19x9.5 +35 offset wheels.
I think you will damage your fenders with 30mm rear spacers. Your front fitment is factory weak but if you're on stock suspension I'm not sure what the issue is. If you space them out more the car will just look more lifted. It will exaggerate the gap above the tire.

FWIW, I just verified that my 8mm spacers still allow ~>9 turns on my aftermarket lug nuts with factory wheels. For 14x1.5mm threads, 9.33 turns is required to achieve maximum possible clamping force without the threads themselves being the limiting factor. I am truly not worried.

If I had to hypothesize without doing the actual math, we probably achieve the required clamping force (from 129ft-lb of torque) with perhaps 6-7 turns without damaging the threads. However, the threads would fail (or deform) before the lugs themselves if failure was going to happen.

FWIW, I just verified that my 8mm spacers still allow ~>9 turns on my aftermarket lug nuts with factory wheels. For 14x1.5mm threads, 9.33 turns is required to achieve maximum possible clamping force without the threads themselves being the limiting factor. I am truly not worried.

If I had to hypothesize without doing the actual math, we probably achieve the required clamping force (from 129ft-lb of torque) with perhaps 6-7 turns without damaging the threads. However, the threads would fail (or deform) before the lugs themselves if failure was going to happen.
Please confirm this is with OEM Performance model 3 rotors. Many don't realize the difference in thread engagement based what rotors are used. I know you do but figure it would be great to reiterate this with your new findings.

Reactions: Lindenwood
Please confirm this is with OEM Performance model 3 rotors. Many don't realize the difference in thread engagement based what rotors are used. I know you do but figure it would be great to reiterate this with your new findings.
Yes, you are right, and have my apologies! This is with factory 2022 M3P rotors.

One unknown: I am not sure if number of available turns would change with the factory 21mm lug nuts.

Reactions: P3D-R