Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Spacers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Rear camber arms are typically used to "correct" natural negative camber from lowering ride height. This is the most common use for these arms as you can achieve more even tire wear.

You may also use rear camber arms to dial in additional negative camber than the natural negative camber from lowering ride height. This more common to fit wider wheel/tire combo for stance or for the track.

With that being said, 14mm all-around H&R TRAK+ spacers is typically what we recommend for mildly lowered M3Ps.
14/20mm for heavily lowered M3Ps w/o rear negative camber "correction".

We have all of these in-stock:

Danny

How much negative camber do you recommend for the rear of a street 1.2" lowered M3P?

How much negative camber do you recommend for the rear of a street 1.2" lowered M3P?
I think this depends how much you you swapping out tires and how you want that car to handle. If you run more negative camber in the rear than the front then the car will have more push / understeer. With that said an AWD Model 3 lowered about that much will usually have about -1.2 degs of camber up front and I would run less than that in the rear to promote more even tire wear as well as more responsive turn in / steering response. Where in California are you located?

I think this depends how much you you swapping out tires and how you want that car to handle. If you run more negative camber in the rear than the front then the car will have more push / understeer. With that said an AWD Model 3 lowered about that much will usually have about -1.2 degs of camber up front and I would run less than that in the rear to promote more even tire wear as well as more responsive turn in / steering response. Where in California are you located?

I'm in Los Angeles. Currently running -1.4 front and back.

Holiday Deal

FREE Shipping on ALL spacers and lug nuts.

image_398eaad1-ce41-4207-a8c5-b62b75e45dbd_480x480.png

Automatically applies @ checkout, no discount code required.

Along with these accessories, we are offering holiday deals on a growing list of products in our store!

Happy Holidays!
Danny

Holiday Deal

FREE Shipping on ALL spacers and lug nuts.

image_398eaad1-ce41-4207-a8c5-b62b75e45dbd_480x480.png

Automatically applies @ checkout, no discount code required.

Along with these accessories, we are offering holiday deals on a growing list of products in our store!

Happy Holidays!
Danny
When do these expire ?

Could anyone help me here?

Wheels: OEM 20” M3P wheels
Suspension: H&R (1.2”~)
Spacers: H&R 14mm/17mm

I want to be a little more aggressive without poke. I’m think 20 or 25 in rear will achieve that. I like the idea of a 17 on the front, but is that plug and play? Can I simply move those up?

Thank you! Suspension and this type of stuff has never been my area of expertise.

I want to be a little more aggressive without poke. I’m think 20 or 25 in rear will achieve that. I like the idea of a 17 on the front, but is that plug and play? Can I simply move those up?

Thank you! Suspension and this type of stuff has never been my area of expertise.

What size tires are you running?

Danny

So you have 20x8.5 20" sports with 235/35/20?

When I had this setup 20mm studded spacers were flush with corrected camber settings in the rear. I agree that your current setup is not flush enough.

Did you align the car? If so please share your printout and have you purchased rear camber arms?

So you have 20x8.5 20" sports with 235/35/20?

When I had this setup 20mm studded spacers were flush with corrected camber settings in the rear. I agree that your current setup is not flush enough.

Did you align the car? If so please share your printout and have you purchased rear camber arms?

Correct. I have no additional suspension parts, just the H&R springs. So there’s some negative camber. I think if I moved my 17mm rear to the front that might be perfect (or as close as I can get without poke). It’s the rear I’m really struggling with.

Correct. I have no additional suspension parts, just the H&R springs. So there’s some negative camber. I think if I moved my 17mm rear to the front that might be perfect (or as close as I can get without poke). It’s the rear I’m really struggling with.
I think this method is just a bandaid for aesthetics but may not reduce long term cost of tires. If you have your alignment sheet please share it. I think moving the 17mm up front isn't a bad idea but I'd really like to get more visibility on the rear camber settings. More often than not we see a lot more camber on one side than the other. Let's get you sorted out by reviewing all the variables at play.

I think this method is just a bandaid for aesthetics but may not reduce long term cost of tires. If you have your alignment sheet please share it. I think moving the 17mm up front isn't a bad idea but I'd really like to get more visibility on the rear camber settings. More often than not we see a lot more camber on one side than the other. Let's get you sorted out by reviewing all the variables at play.
My spacers have been on for 10,000+ miles. I don’t have that sheet. Tire cost isn’t my priority, as I don’t drive a ton and the negative camber isn’t crazy. I’m purely focused on the aesthetics of it.

Well, I was hoping by posting I’d get some real life application or photos. I’ve measured before but it doesn’t do what a photo does.
So just for reference, I have aligned hundreds of model 3's and Y's and 99% of the time they all have variations in the rear camber values if a rear camber arm isn't used to find symmetry. So you may get pictures but it does not mean that those images will translate perfectly to what your car will be. That's why I was asking for an alignment sheet. I hope this clarifies things for you. If you get pictures then take them with a grain of salt because you always need three parts to that equation.

1. Confirm it's the same wheel
2. Confirm it's the same size and tire model ideally. Most tires vary in overall width even though they are listed as being the same size.
3. Confirm the alignment settings, most importantly the camber settings.

Just my 2 cents.

When you did measurements were they the same for both the left and the right?

Here's my car lowered on coilovers with what I consider ideal camber.

1. Same wheel as you 20" sports
2. Michelin PS4S OEM T0 spec 235/35/20
3. -1.1 camber front and -0.6 camber rear

Spacers are 20mm Aspira studded spacers.

I am sorry I don't have a photo going down the whole side of the car but it is flush and the most friendly street camber alignment I think anyone would want.

P3D Aspira spacer installed.jpg

Stock. 235 I believe?

Unrelated: does Model+ have an expedited shipping option? If I order spacers, I’m trying to get them by Monday or Tuesday from somebody.

No problem, I can get these to you ASAP.
Messaged you!

Danny