Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance spare tire*

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Black306

Oct 14, 2019
Sacramento
Did you notice the asterisk? :D This is not an OEM Model 3 Performance spare tire, cause...well...Tesla never made a spare tire for the Model 3. Instead, this is a like-new spare for a ‘15-‘17 Kia K900 which has the same bolt pattern as a Model 3. The spare also comes equipped with a needed hub adapter. Does it clear Performance brakes? You can check out the figment here (technically this one came from an Equus, but it’s the same spare)...

Another reason for the asterisk? A K900 doesn’t use the same style lug nuts. Details here...

Please be aware this is not a bolt-on solution. You will have to find a solution you’re comfortable with to secure the rim to your car.

That said, my ask is $100 or best offer. (+Actual shipping; not sure what that would be. Local pickup would be free of shipping charges.)

81E0A991-DBFA-40D2-B402-4D5DF1276F9F.jpeg

But wait, there’s more!

Money is not the motivator here. I bought the spare for research purposes; not to keep. Now, I’d like to (a) see it go to (potential) good use by someone else, (b) clear out some space in my garage, and (c; most important) help a local charity; 100% of the sale will go to Legenade Children’s Fund.

Look forward to hearing from you!

• Love
Reactions: Watts_Up
Alright, final offer! FREE.99! You read it right; FREE! Just make arrangements to pick it up; not going to ship it. I’d rather someone use/experiment with it than it collect dust in my garage. I already have another one for myself if needed.

Is this wheel still available? I am looking for an option for a 9200km road trip coming up (in Australia). I would be happy to pay the original US$100 if you would coordinate with my shipping/wrap it in something to stop it from getting too badly trashed (don't care if it is scratched). We never had the Equus here so no chance of locally sourcing :-(

If it is still available, how much does it weigh, so I can get some shipping quotes.

No worries on the compensation. Shipping might cost a pretty penny. 🤯

PM sent
Looks like the space saver idea is not going to be a good idea with the kind of remote trip that I have planned, which is annoying since they do save a lot of weight and space. Thanks for taking the time to get that postal estimate for me. I am going to source a local wheel and tyre combo.

Now to figure out whether any of the jacks I have available will work in the car, or is it too low.

Looks like the space saver idea is not going to be a good idea with the kind of remote trip that I have planned, which is annoying since they do save a lot of weight and space. Thanks for taking the time to get that postal estimate for me. I am going to source a local wheel and tyre combo.

Now to figure out whether any of the jacks I have available will work in the car, or is it too low.
Have fun on the trip! 🍻