TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here:

Model 3 Performance Speculation @ Hawthorne Event? 0-60, etc.

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by RidgeRacerJM, Apr 2, 2016.

1. RidgeRacerJM

RidgeRacerJM Member

Mar 22, 2016
    San Diego, CA
    To those who were at the event in Hawthorne and had the opportunity to take a ride in the Model 3, what would you say was the 0-60 for the dual motor? I also read somewhere that they (Tesla) had to utilize a Model S component to make them (Model 3 test cars) driveable, so maybe the performance that was experienced can still change?
  2. ELRev

ELRev Member

Mar 7, 2016
    Los Angeles, CA
    I wasn't there, but it seems like the drivers went 5-10 to 60 on just about every ride. I'm sure someone could slow a ride video down frame-by-frame and tell you exactly how fast they went. Watching a few videos myself, I estimated about 4 seconds. The drivers also didn't specify whether or not the Model 3 had or would have a speed upgrade. I anticipate we'll find that out at Part 2 of the reveal.
    • Helpful x 1
  3. Metalbird

Metalbird Member

Apr 8, 2015
    The cars were AWD, as a driver said, but in Elons Twitter AMA, he mentioned that the production AWD will be much faster, so it's hard to draw any conclusions now.