TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Model 3 Performance Speculation @ Hawthorne Event? 0-60, etc.

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by RidgeRacerJM, Apr 2, 2016.

1. RidgeRacerJM

RidgeRacerJM Member

To those who were at the event in Hawthorne and had the opportunity to take a ride in the Model 3, what would you say was the 0-60 for the dual motor? I also read somewhere that they (Tesla) had to utilize a Model S component to make them (Model 3 test cars) driveable, so maybe the performance that was experienced can still change?

2. ELRev

ELRev Member

I wasn't there, but it seems like the drivers went 5-10 to 60 on just about every ride. I'm sure someone could slow a ride video down frame-by-frame and tell you exactly how fast they went. Watching a few videos myself, I estimated about 4 seconds. The drivers also didn't specify whether or not the Model 3 had or would have a speed upgrade. I anticipate we'll find that out at Part 2 of the reveal.

• Helpful x 1
  3. Metalbird

Metalbird Member

The cars were AWD, as a driver said, but in Elons Twitter AMA, he mentioned that the production AWD will be much faster, so it's hard to draw any conclusions now.