TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Model 3 Performance - Suspension

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by djwi, May 20, 2018.

1. djwi

djwi New Member

Has there been any mention of suspension changes for the Performance Version? I'm hoping that the car has a very sporty coilover suspension - similar to the P85+.

Thanks!

2. favo

favo P3D+ owner

Well, it would appear they will have to change the suspension at least in the front, since the front motor won't fit otherwise. Beyond that, to back up Elon's claim that the P will outperform BMW M3 at the track, it would seem some suspension upgrade is possible/required.

upload_2018-5-20_16-26-56.png

3. e-FTW

e-FTW New electron smell

• Love x 1
  4. Daniel in SD

Daniel in SD Active Member

I see the loophole now. He’s only saying that it will beat cars in its class on the track. He doesn’t say it’s in the same class as a BMW M3 just that it’s quicker :p
    But yes to beat cars like the BMW M3 on the track it will need suspension, monster brakes, and probably some sort of trick rear differential. I would be surprised if they over designed the LR cooling system so it will probably need that upgraded as well.