Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Test Drives

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Technically his tweet said they've BUILT 100, not shipped 100... IIRC somebody had a picture of them (all red from the looks of it) still sitting in the parking lot at the plant a couple days ago

As to where they're going- there aren't many more than 100 DCs in the whole country- so question is if they plan to ship 1 car to each or bunch up at some and leave others out.

Last edited:
tenor-4.gif

I put in my Model 3 Test Drive request in a few weeks back. The "come on in" call can't come soon enough.

I called my local showroom yesterday, and it was indicated that they don't expect the car for a few weeks. Could be sooner, but they won't know until it shows up...
I didn't even notice this was reported way back on Tuesday. Yeah, Tesla being Tesla the showroom people won't have a clue. Some day the car will roll up and drop off the back of a truck. ;)

There are 150 Service Centers currently in the US and Tesla is adding 100 more.

A service center is where they fix teslas

a store/gallery is where they show and test drive teslas

they're not the same thing- and there's fewer stores than service centers.

There's only 110 actual stores/galeries (and at least a handful are tiny things in malls)

US Tesla Stores and Galleries | Tesla

Reactions: ℬête Noire
My daughter and SIL are scheduled to test drive the P3D this Wednesday at the Buena Park, Ca store/service center. Red with white interior, $83K sticker. Both are techno people. If you have questions for them about their test drive, post here.

They drove a new P100D yesterday at same store. Blue. Her text to me:
"Drove this P100D (included picture). Really fun, but too big. Ludicrous mode causes your vision to bluuuuuuuuuuur....................."​

They have a 3LR on order in OBM color and expect delivery in about 6/8 weeks (I transferred one of my reservations to them). I know they will stick with that.

My daughter and SIL are scheduled to test drive the P3D this Wednesday at the Buena Park, Ca store/service center. Red with white interior, $83K sticker. Both are techno people. If you have questions for them about their test drive, post here.

"Drove this P100D (included picture). Really fun, but too big. Ludicrous mode causes your vision to bluuuuuuuuuuur....................."​

They have a 3LR on order in OBM color and expect delivery in about 6/8 weeks (I transferred one of my reservations to them). I know they will stick with that.

I'd really like to know the actual suspension differences (is it just different end links for the 20s, or are there actually different springs/shocks/etc?) but doubt that's going to be info that can access and who knows if an answer the store guy gives is accurate.

I suppose the most asked in-car question is if there's any sort of insane/ludicrous mode, or if the 3.5 spec 0-60 is just "normal" behavior and there might be another mode coming later.

Oh- also- are the P3D test cars set up with the menu that lets you have it emulate the slower Model 3s- like the P100D test cars have?

Not that it matters but I'm also curious if there's an acceleration mode other than "chill" and "sport".

Also, I think you may have the cost wrong, P3D fully loaded including delivery fee is $81k.

did tesla reach out to them after filling out the form on the site or did they just contact the store?

Would love to know how to make the test drive list as quickly as they did.