TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Model 3 Performance Test Drives

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by 30seconds, Jul 10, 2018.

1. 30seconds

30seconds Active Member

Whoa. Elon says they have shipped 100 Performance versions to stores for test drives

Elon Musk on Twitter

• Like x 1
  2. little1er

little1er Member

Gimme Gimme Gimme!!!

3. Park2670

Park2670 Member

Im ready for a test drive.

4. TurnFast

TurnFast Member

I hope Bellevue doesn't get one. That is not going to help my resolve in resisting getting the P when the AWD should be fine.

• Like x 1
    • Funny x 1
  5. Swampgator

Swampgator Member

Hopefully you can put the P into AWD emulation mode, like P100D can do.

6. NewTMSMan

NewTMSMan Member

Anyone know where the 100 are going and when they will be there?

7. Knightshade

Knightshade Active Member

#7 Knightshade, Jul 13, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2018
    Technically his tweet said they've BUILT 100, not shipped 100... IIRC somebody had a picture of them (all red from the looks of it) still sitting in the parking lot at the plant a couple days ago

As to where they're going- there aren't many more than 100 DCs in the whole country- so question is if they plan to ship 1 car to each or bunch up at some and leave others out.

8. AlexanderAF

AlexanderAF Member

...test drive it from the dealership to my garage

• Funny x 1
  9. ℬête Noire

ℬête Noire Active Member

tenor-4.gif

I put in my Model 3 Test Drive request in a few weeks back. The "come on in" call can't come soon enough.

10. SD_Engnr

SD_Engnr Member

I called my local showroom yesterday, and it was indicated that they don't expect the car for a few weeks. Could be sooner, but they won't know until it shows up...

11. ℬête Noire

ℬête Noire Active Member

I didn't even notice this was reported way back on Tuesday. Yeah, Tesla being Tesla the showroom people won't have a clue. Some day the car will roll up and drop off the back of a truck. ;)

12. crmatson

crmatson Member

We have no showrooms in Iowa but I am travelling soon and called the St. Louis location.
    They also could not say when the Model 3 would arrive and be available for a test drive.

13. NewTMSMan

NewTMSMan Member

There are 150 Service Centers currently in the US and Tesla is adding 100 more.

14. Knightshade

A service center is where they fix teslas

a store/gallery is where they show and test drive teslas

they're not the same thing- and there's fewer stores than service centers.

There's only 110 actual stores/galeries (and at least a handful are tiny things in malls)

US Tesla Stores and Galleries | Tesla

• Like x 1
  15. T34ME

T34ME Active Member

My daughter and SIL are scheduled to test drive the P3D this Wednesday at the Buena Park, Ca store/service center. Red with white interior, $83K sticker. Both are techno people. If you have questions for them about their test drive, post here.

They drove a new P100D yesterday at same store. Blue. Her text to me:
    "Drove this P100D (included picture). Really fun, but too big. Ludicrous mode causes your vision to bluuuuuuuuuuur....................."​

They have a 3LR on order in OBM color and expect delivery in about 6/8 weeks (I transferred one of my reservations to them). I know they will stick with that.

• Like x 2
  16. AlexanderAF

AlexanderAF Member

Have they driven a model 3 LR? Would they be able to compare the handling and the acceleration to the LR?

17. Knightshade

I'd really like to know the actual suspension differences (is it just different end links for the 20s, or are there actually different springs/shocks/etc?) but doubt that's going to be info that can access and who knows if an answer the store guy gives is accurate.

I suppose the most asked in-car question is if there's any sort of insane/ludicrous mode, or if the 3.5 spec 0-60 is just "normal" behavior and there might be another mode coming later.

Oh- also- are the P3D test cars set up with the menu that lets you have it emulate the slower Model 3s- like the P100D test cars have?

• Like x 1
  18. FlyNavy01

FlyNavy01 Member

Not that it matters but I'm also curious if there's an acceleration mode other than "chill" and "sport".

Also, I think you may have the cost wrong, P3D fully loaded including delivery fee is $81k.

• Like x 1
  19. azaz

azaz Member

did tesla reach out to them after filling out the form on the site or did they just contact the store?

20. SD_Engnr

SD_Engnr Member

Would love to know how to make the test drive list as quickly as they did.