Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance uber turbine

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Solution
Curbing Tesla rims are easy given the tires don’t provide any protection. I curbed my 18s (I keep the aero covers off) and used gray touch up paint, fine sand paper and a few hours. Can’t even tell. So depending on how bad the rash, you may want to go that route. I’m on mobile, but a search of the forum will reveals some DIYs.
Curbing Tesla rims are easy given the tires don’t provide any protection. I curbed my 18s (I keep the aero covers off) and used gray touch up paint, fine sand paper and a few hours. Can’t even tell. So depending on how bad the rash, you may want to go that route. I’m on mobile, but a search of the forum will reveals some DIYs.

Reactions: pnwadventures
Upvote 0
Solution
Great, thanks for the advice!

Upvote 0
If you don't fancy fixing it yourself, there are also companies that will fix aluminum wheels. Not sure on the cost though but should be less than a new/used wheel.
I'd look into those companies. I just had 2 of my wheels fixed after being forced into a curb by an inattentive driver. You literally can't tell where the damage was. Cost me $250 total, 1.5 hours and they came to my house. I was looking at buying 2 replacement wheels. Imagine that...
BE7AD04C-3114-433C-9BA0-4F4F2A08EB62.jpeg

D2015154-3822-43F1-8CFA-EEAC264423CB.jpeg

Upvote 0