Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance vs. BMW M3 (F80)

Which exterior do you prefer?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What I AM curious about, is the i8 giving birth to another car?

19017h14s8w5hjpg.jpg

Is there really a question on what looks better? I bought the Model 3 of course but I keep it real on what it looks like.

View attachment 353430
That's why I like it. Sally Carrera is hot! ..... There, I said. :p

I think the F80 looks a lot more serious. Just parked there it looks fasts and powerful. It looks like it's going to eat your children and drop the bones out it's tailpipe. And I get people wanting that visual differentiation from us paupers in non-P AWDs. ;) That's just not where my esthetic priorities line up, I'm about the curves.

If it was solely exterior esthetics I'd kick them both to the curb for this:

stock spoiler up.jpg

I do like that BMW gives their performance model buyers some differentiation from base 3 series. This is just another part of the value proposition of the higher trim. Given Tesla for all their models only differentiates via badges, rims, spoilers, red calipers, and sometimes an interior color option, I don’t think this will ever change.
I understand that some prefer this, but I prefer that Tesla either (a) give me more functional differentiation or (b) lower the price. I don't need or want styling to impress the neighbors. I want performance that I can use as my driving skills improve.