Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Vs Giulia Quadrifoglio?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi - I currently have a M3P reserved but was just recently offered a killer deal on a 2022 Giulia Quadrafoglio. That said, I'm curious if anyone here owns/owned one and if so how they feel it compares to the M3P? I was all in on the Tesla, but this also might be my last chance for a Ferrari sourced engine :)

Reactions: Dan84
I drove one of those on a test drive once. It drove really good, but there was no way in "heck" I was going to trust an Alpha as it pertains to actually staying on the road. This was around the launch of that car. From everything I read about it, my "concerns" were born out, and they had plenty of issues with keeping the car on the road.

Keep in mind the very old adage "if it seems too good to be true, it probably is". There is a reason you are being offered a "killer deal" on that car, imo.

Very familiar with the Alfa Quad... pound for pound, it is arguably the best sports sedan in the world and certainly a future classic. They did have some issues prior to the refresh in 2020, but they have been rock solid since then.

I love Tesla more than anyone, but this isn't exactly a performance car enthusiast forum, so take what you get from here with a grain of salt. Lots of people coming from the Prius and cars of that ilk :)

Lots of people coming from the Prius and cars of that ilk :)

There are also plenty of people here coming from BMWs / Audis / Mercedes etc. I would argue that more people who are looking at the Model 3 Performance are coming from german performance cars than "prius and cars of that ilk".

There are also plenty of people here coming from BMWs / Audis / Mercedes etc. I would argue that more people who are looking at the Model 3 Performance are coming from german performance cars than "prius and cars of that ilk".
This coming from the poster that called Alfa "Alpha" :p I kid though, there are certainly plenty of BMW, Mercedes, etc. defectors here. I just wouldn't use this forum as my sole decision maker

This coming from the poster that called Alfa "Alpha" :p I kid though, there are certainly plenty of BMW, Mercedes, etc. defectors here. I just wouldn't use this forum as my sole decision maker

I didnt notice I typed it that way, so thats somewhat fair, I guess. I wouldnt use just this forum for getting feedback on an ICE performance car either. I would probably go to an Alfa forum and see what people say about it there.

I have had a Giulia Quadrifoglio as well as a Model 3 LR with the acceleration boost upgrade. Both were great cars. Reliability of the Quad was great. I did not have one single problem with it. Also had a great experience with my girlfriend‘s regular Giulia as well as the regular Alfa Romeo Stelvio I have now.
I found all three Alfas to be much more solid and rattle free cars than either of the new Mercedes I bought during the same time frame. I am a huge fan of Alfas and have a new 2023 Stelvio ordered because of the great experience I have had with them.
Comparing the 3 to the Quad I think it is really a matter of personal taste. If speed is most important go with the Tesla. One issue I did have with the Quad was the soft tires picked up every piece of rock on the road and chipped the rocker panels. That was one of the big reasons I traded it in after two years and 10,000 miles.

I agree with you 100%

I came from Corvettes, Porches, Ford's Corbra R and Ford's F150 Lighting (the one with a blower sitting on top of the engine, not the EV). I own an M3 Performance and LOVE it. This will be a car I keep

Reactions: Airflow and ODWms
I love Tesla more than anyone, but this isn't exactly a performance car enthusiast forum, so take what you get from here with a grain of salt. Lots of people coming from the Prius and cars of that ilk :)
Really?
You know a lot of people who have sold their Prius, and moved on to a Tesla???

I still own my BMW M2, and don't plan to sell it, but I'd think more people are coming from BMW, Audi and Mercendes then from Prius and Camry.

Not saying a Model 3 performs like a top of the line BMW, other then perhaps acceleration, but they're still in the same category more then a Prius.

My neighbor has a Model Y and an Alfa Stelvio... I've tried to catch him to ask which he prefers, but he's up the street and I don't pass his home that often to catch him outside.

Hi - I currently have a M3P reserved but was just recently offered a killer deal on a 2022 Giulia Quadrafoglio. That said, I'm curious if anyone here owns/owned one and if so how they feel it compares to the M3P? I was all in on the Tesla, but this also might be my last chance for a Ferrari sourced engine :)
Buy two. That way you will always have one available while the other is in the shop.

Reactions: Mateo83
Very familiar with the Alfa Quad... pound for pound, it is arguably the best sports sedan in the world and certainly a future classic. They did have some issues prior to the refresh in 2020, but they have been rock solid since then.

I came from a 2014 Infiniti Q50 hybrid AWD. 360 HP, 403 torques. 0-60 in 5 seconds flat. Unrivaled tech for its day also. Not exactly a Prius. Before that a Pontiac G8 GT. Nope, not a Prius either.

It's not a real comparison. Italian cars have character and flair. The downside is they will break your heart at any given moment. I'd lease anything with Italian parts and give it back when the warranty was over.
Tesla is a no frills daily driver that disappears into the background while you're on the way to work.

Reactions: rpiotro and z335is
They did have some issues prior to the refresh in 2020, but they have been rock solid since then.

laugh-elissa.gif

Such different cars especially given how they've really softened the new M3P. The Quad will be a much better handler stock and the noises it makes are wonderful. You may want to get the Quad as it will be the swan song of the V8 this decade. I wouldn't call a stock M3P a true performance car like an M3 or Quad. Its more of a very fast M340 competitor. With that said, I played with a Quad and obliterated it in a straight line :D

Reactions: Airflow