Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Vs Giulia Quadrifoglio?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I love my model 3 performance. But it lacks a lot steering feel and chassis dynamics when pushing it quickly. It’s a heavy car. It’s also not that fast above 60mph.

For a daily I’d take the 3 performance as the instant torque makes it more suitable for every day use. For long high speed fun drives I’d take the alfa.

Reactions: Airflow
I used to be on the E46 forum at bimmer.org (1999-200?). Don't think that I ever ran into anyone posting about a BMW having an inline V6.

Newer posters over at bimmerfest used to say stuff like that when I was there (2012 - 2019 ish), sometimes. Quite a few people would say "V6" (bmws use inline 6's), and a few would say "inline v6".

Hi - I currently have a M3P reserved but was just recently offered a killer deal on a 2022 Giulia Quadrafoglio. That said, I'm curious if anyone here owns/owned one and if so how they feel it compares to the M3P? I was all in on the Tesla, but this also might be my last chance for a Ferrari sourced engine :)
if you want something thats FUN Alfa ist the way to go i too ordered a M3 but LR version i had a Alfa Romeo 2.0L and that was the most fun car i have ever driven i test drove a TM3LR and loved how it drove but it doesnt come close to the raw driving experince Alfa gives you. if you can go test drive both cars and see for your self TM3 is fun beacuse of how it accelarates that Ferrari V6 will have you smiling from ear to ear haha plus the carbon bucket seats are insane

Reactions: Dan84
if you want something thats FUN Alfa ist the way to go i too ordered a M3 but LR version i had a Alfa Romeo 2.0L and that was the most fun car i have ever driven i test drove a TM3LR and loved how it drove but it doesnt come close to the raw driving experince Alfa gives you. if you can go test drive both cars and see for your self TM3 is fun beacuse of how it accelarates that Ferrari V6 will have you smiling from ear to ear haha plus the carbon bucket seats are insane
Completely agree about the 2.0 being fun. At the time I had a Quadrifoglio, my girlfriend had the 2.0. In many ways I found the 2.0 more fun to drive than the Quad. It seemed more nimble. I enjoy my current Stelvio, and my 22 Model S, but frequently find myself longing for another 2.0 Giulia. I do not feel that way about the Quad.

• Informative
Reactions: tm1v2 and Dan84
Inline 3 x2? Whatever.

Tesla is pretty tossable and accelerates as much as you like but these comparisons confuse me.
I bought my Tesla so I could wave (or thumb my nose) as I go by a gas station.
Not using gas is the point, isn't it?

Reactions: Dayreg
Inline 3 x2? Whatever.

Tesla is pretty tossable and accelerates as much as you like but these comparisons confuse me.
I bought my Tesla so I could wave (or thumb my nose) as I go by a gas station.
Not using gas is the point, isn't it?
For some, yes that's the sole point. For me, it's just a factor. Otherwise the Performance version Tesla's wouldn't exist, right?

Reactions: tm1v2 and JohnnyMa
Hi - I currently have a M3P reserved but was just recently offered a killer deal on a 2022 Giulia Quadrafoglio. That said, I'm curious if anyone here owns/owned one and if so how they feel it compares to the M3P? I was all in on the Tesla, but this also might be my last chance for a Ferrari sourced engine :)

I owned the Giulia Veloce prior to my current M3P. In my (admittedly biased) opinion you should go for the Giulia, it’s hands down the superior car in terms of styling, quality and experience. I’ve hardly had any issues with the Alfa, whereas the Tesla has been towed 3 times already in addition to other ”service” appointments. Enjoy one of ICE finest swan songs before going full EV.

Reactions: Billee
I'm a former Alfa owner and it's hard to compare it to the model 3. The Alfa steering and handling are superior and it just feels like something special. There are so many model 3s on the road that I feel like I am driving just another ordinary car.

If my local Alfa dealer had not shut down I would still be driving one.

Reactions: Dan84
As yourself why you are getting such a crazy good deal right now when nearly every manufacturer is either charging MSRP or dealer markup. I personally would be surprised if Alfa survives in the US, there have been lots of rumors of Stellantis (parent company) pulling them out. Having said that, I think they are tremendous cars but I would only lease one vs buy. Because if Alfa closes shop in the US it will kill the brand and resale. I know many Fiat/Alfa dealers now have Chrysler techs doing the repairs which is a red flag.

Reactions: BigNick
I have a 2020 Giulia Ti Sport with the adjustable suspension, staggered summer tires, and all wheel drive. It’s kind of like 75% of the Quad. I tuned it and ran a 12.8 1/4 so it’s moderately quick. I love the car, but have a M3P on order. The Giulia has been reliable over 15,000 miles with only the battery failing.

Some reasons for wanting to change:
1) Alfa does not update the infotainment which bothers me. It would be nice to have added features and improved functionality over time.
2) I’m over smelling exhaust fumes and filling up at gas stations.
3) Mid 11 1/4 mile runs will be fun.

Most of my driving is commuting and during that time I doubt I will miss transmission shifting and sounds.

I might miss full throttle sound, but we’ll see. I do like the electric motor noise and think it’s futuristic.

Looking forward to something different with Tesla! Plus they hold value real well so I figure I don’t have much to lose.

I have a 2020 Giulia Ti Sport with the adjustable suspension, staggered summer tires, and all wheel drive. It’s kind of like 75% of the Quad. I tuned it and ran a 12.8 1/4 so it’s moderately quick. I love the car, but have a M3P on order. The Giulia has been reliable over 15,000 miles with only the battery failing.

Some reasons for wanting to change:
1) Alfa does not update the infotainment which bothers me. It would be nice to have added features and improved functionality over time.
2) I’m over smelling exhaust fumes and filling up at gas stations.
3) Mid 11 1/4 mile runs will be fun.

Most of my driving is commuting and during that time I doubt I will miss transmission shifting and sounds.

I might miss full throttle sound, but we’ll see. I do like the electric motor noise and think it’s futuristic.

Looking forward to something different with Tesla! Plus they hold value real well so I figure I don’t have much to lose.

I like the fact that most Giulia drivers push their cars and like to have fun in them. Played with a couple and they seem like they have a lot of soul. Tesla is a different sort of animal but if someone tells you that they have no soul, the haven't driven a M3P.

I will be going from a cayman gts to a m3p. I know I will lose out on the nimbleness, handling, and superb turning radius. But I wanted something I could drive in the winter and not deal with the ever increasing gas prices. Also the maintenance hopefully will be easier than paying Porsche to remove an axle to get to the oil filter.