Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 performance vs model 3 [unknown type]

Sam1

Sep 11, 2019
NV
Yesterday I had a short race with a model 3. I have a 2020 model 3 performance dual motor and the other car was a model 3 I dont know what year but wasn't a performance. So here we are at a stop light. I knew he wanted to test my model 3 out. So on green we took off and I lost. I can feel the accelerator hitting the floor but couldn't get any more speed out of my car. I just had 28% battery remaining but I know that battery remaining wasn't the problem or shouldnt be the problem. Then what was the problem. I have dual motor that supposed to give my car the advantage of any other model 3 that isn't dual motor. What's wrong with my car?
Battery remaining was your issue, and possibly your battery temps too.

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC