Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How can you check if you car was rejected? I was assigned vin F362 but can’t tell if this was manufactured before or not?
I do not fully understand your question, but you can ask your SA. There are lots of reasons for a reject though, most of the time it is probably caused by the original customer not being able to take delivery or get approved for financing vs. something wrong with the car.

I do not fully understand your question, but you can ask your SA. There are lots of reasons for a reject though, most of the time it is probably caused by the original customer not being able to take delivery or get approved for financing vs. something wrong with the car.
As in, is this the latest batch of VINs or was this car manufactured previously, i.e August as I am picking my car up in September.

Reactions: nharwood
Well, today was my delivery day. Given the really poor customer service experiences I’ve had with Tesla here in Orlando since 2018, I was skeptical that there was even a car ready for me until I finally saw it in person. They pulled it up to the front within 5 minutes of my scheduled time. I stood around inside the lobby for about 15 minutes until someone spoke to me. The delivery guy assigned to me was super friendly and processed my trade in (2019 M3P) extremely fast. He didn’t even look at it until after I signed the title over. I gave him a certified check for the final payment, and the app reflected that payment shortly after. He also told me to keep my original mobile connector and j1772 adapter from my trade in M3P. He transferred my plate with the frame over to the new car and told me I was good to go. Quickest delivery experience ever, even faster than my last 2 Model 3’s.

I did a quick inspection of the exterior and interior at delivery and surprisingly all was good, however once I got on the road I noticed the alignment seemed to be pulling to the right slightly and there was a loud crackling sound coming from one of the speakers in the right door even with audio off. After being home for awhile, I went for another drive and the speaker sound is gone and alignment somehow seems acceptable now. I’ll keep an eye on those issues in the coming week. Unfortunately after a more thorough inspection at home, I noticed one of the windshield wipers is about 1mm or less from hitting the hood. I made a mobile service appointment for this. Other than this, I haven’t found any issues so far.

Here are the improvements over my 2019 M3P that I’ve noticed in first 50 miles:
-Despite the removal of one speaker vs 2019, the sound system seems louder and bass response is better! I’m not exactly sure what they changed, but I love it.
-The car is noticeably quieter on the highway with the dual pane windows and wind deflectors added under the hood near the windshield.
-Door alignment all around is far far better. My 2019 had trim that would literally scrape when closing the driver’s door, and mobile service refused to attempt a fix. The rear doors also used to stick regularly and had alignment issues.
-Maybe it’s in my head, but I swear the cameras load faster with the Ryzen cpu.
-The new interior door trim is nice and gets us a little closer to what a 65k car should look like inside.
-The ride is softer, which is nice for daily driving. I’ll be putting my 18’s on soon which will improve that further, but I do love the look of the übers.
-The spoiler shows no signs of peeling and is aligned nicely.
-#1 for me is that autosteer works great. My 2019 had a major autosteer issue that they wouldn’t fix, even after 3 attempts and many weeks at the service center. They simply refused to throw parts at it. It’s a long story and the primary reason I upgraded.

I’ve had an exhausting day, but my next order of business is to do a “decon” wash, polishing, and ceramic coating following Obsessed Garage’s Model 3 Youtube series. I’ve been preparing for this for the last month.
Congrats @Alkor! And thanks for all the insight into what's changed in the last few years!

Reactions: Alkor
Yep, that's what I'm dreading! 🙃
So the travel time for Tesla vehicles for distances over 2000 miles is estimated at 6-7 days. My hypothesis hence is that the last of the vehicles leaving CA will be finishing production today or tomorrow. This means Tesla vehicles produced for the next 5-6 days will all be for the local markets.

Therefore we will start seeing VINs in the Bay Area starting Monday for our specific configurations. That’s my theory and am sticking to it.

Hope Springs Eternal! 🤣🤣

So the travel time for Tesla vehicles for distances over 2000 miles is estimated at 6-7 days. My hypothesis hence is that the last of the vehicles leaving CA will be finishing production today or tomorrow. This means Tesla vehicles produced for the next 5-6 days will all be for the local markets.

Therefore we will start seeing VINs in the Bay Area starting Monday for our specific configurations. That’s my theory and am sticking to it.

Hope Springs Eternal! 🤣🤣
Here's hoping! 🍻 And if our EDDs shift tomorrow, don't believe them! 🤣

Reactions: Alkor and bossra95
7D750E2A-C2D1-4EAF-979D-BA63E0E76612.jpeg

Hi guys, quick question. For those who have a scheduled delivery date and went to with Tesla insurance, is this what you’re seeing or do I need to do something? This is the only section that doesn’t have check and my account says complete your task to avoid delivery.

Welp my EDD changed to October 3 - October 17. I have a good feeling we will get our cars next week

I hope so! Mine changed to 10/11 - 11/8... :rolleyes: I'm sure it will bounce back.
Welcome to the october windows 😂😂! In all seriousness, it is very annoying. I haven’t been receiving any updates and I stopped reaching out to the Tesla people over text because they just say the same thing every time… I do expect that I will get my car in early October, but it is getting very, very ridiculous. Day 90 tomorrow.

Welcome to the october windows 😂😂! In all seriousness, it is very annoying. I haven’t been receiving any updates and I stopped reaching out to the Tesla people over text because they just say the same thing every time… I do expect that I will get my car in early October, but it is getting very, very ridiculous. Day 90 tomorrow.
At least they respond to some of you. I sent a text message for the first time early last week and zero response. Interest rates keep going up and used car prices keep going down. I figure they’ve cost me a couple thousand dollars by pushing me (and many of us)….