Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
At least they respond to some of you. I sent a text message for the first time early last week and zero response. Interest rates keep going up and used car prices keep going down. I figure they’ve cost me a couple thousand dollars by pushing me (and many of us)….
A tip to get them to respond fast is to go to "existing inventory" and select "request call back". A service adviser will get back to you relatively quick. Problem is, after their initial text/call, they will disappear for days, as was my case.

They haven’t always responded to me. I just blow them up and complain when they don’t. I don’t think I should feel bad either, because I am a customer making a purchase over $70k and they treat it like a trip out to the grocery store.
I texted them this morning. I'm not actually expecting useful answers at this point, I just think it's a form of feedback that their delivery estimate system is useless.

At least they respond to some of you. I sent a text message for the first time early last week and zero response. Interest rates keep going up and used car prices keep going down. I figure they’ve cost me a couple thousand dollars by pushing me (and many of us)….

I'm trying to find that math, but can't. Unless you are putting little to nothing down, and are getting unfavorable rates in excess of 4.5%. I purchased a vehicle in 2019 when interest rates were super low. I think I got like 2.0% or 2.5% from my credit union (they matched Subaru's rate offer). Rates are now about 3.5%-4.0%, depending on the term I want. Not a ton of flucuation and certainly not thousands in interest just in this years fluctuations.

I'm trying to find that math, but can't. Unless you are putting little to nothing down, and are getting unfavorable rates in excess of 4.5%. I purchased a vehicle in 2019 when interest rates were super low. I think I got like 2.0% or 2.5% from my credit union (they matched Subaru's rate offer). Rates are now about 3.5%-4.0%, depending on the term I want. Not a ton of flucuation and certainly not thousands in interest just in this years fluctuations.
Depending on what kind of car your trying to sell, the cooling-off of the used car market could translate to thousands of dollars in losses. My recent offers from the Vroom/Carmax/Carvana types were ~1-3k lower than the month before. Private party prices are still high though.

Depending on what kind of car your trying to sell, the cooling-off of the used car market could translate to thousands of dollars in losses. My recent offers from the Vroom/Carmax/Carvana types were ~1-3k lower than the month before. Private party prices are still high though.
Exactly. I’m selling a BMW. Definitely much more loss taken there over the past 45 days vs the increase in rates which will probably only end up costing me a few hundred.

Reactions: LorentzTorque
View attachment 856400
Hi guys, quick question. For those who have a scheduled delivery date and went to with Tesla insurance, is this what you’re seeing or do I need to do something? This is the only section that doesn’t have check and my account says complete your task to avoid delivery.
I was originally scheduled to pick up car on 9/25 so got the tesla insurance with that effective date. Car came in earlier so i rescheduled to 9/22 and got that notification. I called them and changed the effective date to 9/22. Only thing that was weird was i had to cancel previous policy and start a new one over the phone. They billed me again for new policy and will refund me the same amount for first one.