Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Screen Shot 2022-09-30 at 10.59.16 PM.png

White on White M3P in inventory in Charlotte if anyone is looking around here.

Well, I started my first Tesla journey today after cancelling a 10 month old order (with no real end in sight) of a Jeep Grand Cherokee 4xe. I ordered the cheapest M3P I could, as I really only “need“ a LR. I cannot wait. I put over 30,000 miles per year on a car for work and the fact I live in the middle of nowhere Kansas. Truthfully, the reason I waited this long was the complete lack of superchargers available in rural Kansas, but now I have a little more hope with the ccs adapter available. I regularly drive 260 miles one way with no superchargers near the route. Looking forward to the journey - as long as it goes better than my last Jeep order journey!
Welcome to the club, @ks_jetta! Do you know of places along your route where you can use the CCS adapter?

Welcome to the club, @ks_jetta! Do you know of places along your route where you can use the CCS adapter?
There are 2 ccs chargers currently along my route. Not in the best locations as they are close to home vs. the middle of the trip, but if the wind is howling and it’s cold out, I can still top off. I can charge at work when I get there - NEMA 14-50. I’m also planning on changing out the 20” wheels and tires to gain some range

Reactions: LorentzTorque
There are 2 ccs chargers currently along my route. Not in the best locations as they are close to home vs. the middle of the trip, but if the wind is howling and it’s cold out, I can still top off. I can charge at work when I get there - NEMA 14-50. I’m also planning on changing out the 20” wheels and tires to gain some range
I'd be interested in hearing about your experience with this after you've had some time to assess the pros and cons, especially in the winter. Nominally it's well within the capability of the car, and I think when they changed from resistive heating to a heat pump it helped a lot with the range in cold weather. A case like yours could be a pretty strong demonstration of how far the cars have come over the years if it works out well for you.

Reactions: bossra95
I'd be interested in hearing about your experience with this after you've had some time to assess the pros and cons, especially in the winter. Nominally it's well within the capability of the car, and I think when they changed from resistive heating to a heat pump it helped a lot with the range in cold weather. A case like yours could be a pretty strong demonstration of how far the cars have come over the years if it works out well for you.
Absolutely. I am cautiously optimistic. I know my use case does not match most folks. I keep hoping Tesla will add superchargers in Kansas, but the only ones added the last couple of years have been in Kansas City. If I could only justify the $105k price of the model S and its 405 mile advertised range…

I've had the car for about 3 weeks now. I'm still waiting to have a few items replaced (wheel and exterior trim) that I found damaged upon delivery. Like most things, there was a delay in receiving the parts. FYI the 20" uberturbine is almost $800/wheel from Tesla.

I threw on Michelin Pilot Sport AS4s on Monday through Costco and already have a screw in one. 😭 My Costco did say they would mount the OEM tires for around $60 so I plan on rotating between summers and all seasons to get the life out of the stock tires.

What’s your guys experience with your 4 week EDD windows?

My window is still Oct 11 - Nov 8. As we hit October 1st and get closer to the start of the EDD, I’m wondering if it shortens or extends any time soon.
In my experience so far, EDDs have been nothing but something they just choose to display on the page. They are essentially meaningless - at least in my case.

What’s your guys experience with your 4 week EDD windows?

My window is still Oct 11 - Nov 8. As we hit October 1st and get closer to the start of the EDD, I’m wondering if it shortens or extends any time soon.
What @jackb22 said. In fact, I kind of wonder if the EDD is determined by some old code that never worked and hasn't been touched in years, but they just left it in place because it gives new customers a warm fuzzy feeling the first time they see it.

I have a question for those living in California and have had their car for a month or more. Have you received a notice from your power company, pacific gas and electric in my case, stating you are exceeding the Baseline allowance for tier 1 significantly above typical household usage. “As a result, you have incurred a state-mandated charge for this High Usage.” That usage rate is .49335 kWh by the way lol.

I feel like the dang Frog. It’s tough being green. Where is Miss piggy??

Reactions: NCDAG's M3P
I have a question for those living in California and have had their car for a month or more. Have you received a notice from your power company, pacific gas and electric in my case, stating you are exceeding the Baseline allowance for tier 1 significantly above typical household usage. “As a result, you have incurred a state-mandated charge for this High Usage.” That usage rate is .49335 kWh by the way lol.

I feel like the dang Frog. It’s tough being green. Where is Miss piggy??

Did you call and change to a TOU?