Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Kind of frustrating seeing people get their VIN that ordered after me. I ordered 1/15 in Detroit, and have no VIN yet. I have been seeing people with order dates on 1/16, 1/17, and even 1/20, 1/24 get their VIN before me! Just hurry up already Tesla! I"M IMPATIENT!! Current EDD window shows 2/5-2/19.

M3P white/black
OD 1/15
EDD 2/2-3/2
Vin 1/31
EDD updated 2/13-2/20
Scheduled delivery offered 2/14 at 6pm but it's across town (Like an hour drive) in Houston/Cypress area so I couldn't do that with work and Houston traffic being so bad. So I chose Sat 2/18 at 10am. So excited, can't wait.

Reactions: hintoml and Irpilot
Kind of frustrating seeing people get their VIN that ordered after me. I ordered 1/15 in Detroit, and have no VIN yet. I have been seeing people with order dates on 1/16, 1/17, and even 1/20, 1/24 get their VIN before me! Just hurry up already Tesla! I"M IMPATIENT!! Current EDD window shows 2/5-2/19.
You know your close when your delivery window drops to 2 wks

Reactions: hintoml and Irpilot
M3P white/black
OD 1/15
EDD 2/2-3/2
Vin 1/31
EDD updated 2/13-2/20
Scheduled delivery offered 2/14 at 6pm but it's across town (Like an hour drive) in Houston/Cypress area so I couldn't do that with work and Houston traffic being so bad. So I chose Sat 2/18 at 10am. So excited, can't wait.
You were a day ahead of me for VIN. When did they contact you for scheduled delivery date? I have a 2/12 - 2/19 EDD, but no peep regarding SDD.
Thanks!

Eyeballing the spreadsheet, it looks like the average wait time from order to VIN for blue/black is 12 to 17 days (closer to 17) for my time period. I've exceeded that now, so I'm assuming my location is a big factor - and I have a feeling that I'm on the cusp of when people really started flocking to the lower prices.

Tampa Bay area, FL
Blue / Black
OD 1/16 morning
EDD 2/8 - 3/8
VIN nope

Scheduled a demo drive for tomorrow in the meantime. And I'm thinking about accepting the Tesla financing offer I've been sitting on, especially with the Fed hike yesterday. Can't hurt, right?

I just received a trade in value from Tesla for my present car that is getting replaced by the Tesla $200 less than Carmax. I guess with taxes savings it would be a few extra dollars plus the convenience I go there and all happens in one transaction. I am thinking about it.

Would like to buy T 3 Long range, but feeling pressured to buy T 3 P because of crazy rebate law. Can the price difference be justified, concerned about lower range. Are brakes an issue? Thanks all, for your input.
the tax rebate is the same so in reality you will get an even better value for your dollar. With the acceleration boost car gets even faster. That said hmm.. It is not like I (talking about me specific) will use the brembos to their full capacity.. Plus you get even better range. choices choices :)

I think there's a plate relocation where you can mount on tow hook. I'm in Cali so I might ask if I can just use that.
The tow hook plate is good idea my BMW was a FL car and did not have a front plate bracket. Each time I had to inspect (yearly) I used the tow hook plate and I removed afterwards. Never had any issues in Massachusetts. I still have the BMW mount I will check if the size is anywhere near.