Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Also added my information to the google spreadsheet....

M3P White/Black
Toledo, Ohio
Ordered January 17, Morning
EDD February 7 - March 7
VIN receive on Feb 1
New EDD February 14 - February 21

M3P White/Black
Toledo, Ohio
Ordered January 17, Morning
EDD February 7 - March 7
VIN receive on Feb 1
New EDD February 8 - February 17

Did anyone get an email to learn more about their Tesla? I got an email about 2hrs ago saying "
Join us for a live virtual education session to learn about your Model 3 and get more comfortable behind the wheel. Ask questions about operating your vehicle, charging your battery and using the Tesla app.​
If you’re already familiar with your Model 3, explore advanced topics on Autopilot, Service and more."​

Reactions: TonyCi and hobertg
A few things to keep an eye on while we wait:

According to Musk, FSD version 11.3 is due to be released "later this week". Version 11.3 has a few interesting bits:

- A unified code base. Currently, the code and logic for highway driving and city driving are completely different (the highway logic is much older).
- Much greater emphasis on neural nets - FSD will rely more on the inputs and experience of all other FSD enabled cars. This is huge - especially when you consider there are now millions of Tesla's collecting data, routes, behaviors, inputs, corrections, etc...
- "Acutal" Smart Summon - a new version of smart summon that... actually works. The current itteration of smart summon is extremely slow and hesitant - the newer version is more confident and responsive (perhaps due to the machine learning desribed above). Actual Smart Summon is the official name of the feature - LOL. This definitely exists - but it's possible it might not make it into the release of 11.3 as its still being tested.

Overall, this will be the most significant update of FSD since it was first introduced in beta.

The other major thing coming up is "Investor Day" on March 1st. This is the same type of event as "AI Day" and "Battery Day" in previous years. It's possible we'll learn more about "Project Highland" at the event - which is rumored to be the either a signifiant update of the Model 3 (due in Q3 of this year) and/or an even less expensive EV platform. We'll also probably get more detail on the future of FSD, CyberTruck and everything else Tesla.

Just some things to help pass the time in between refreshing the app to see if your delivery estimate has changed. :)

Maybe make a personal visit to one of the Tesla centers near you and see if they can help??
Howdy folks.

For the trade in did Tesla asked for like the picture of the dash with the car running and the title front the back.
Anything else? Pictures of the car maybe? or they check it the pick up date?

Cheers
Submit all data for your trade-in in the app. Make sure your mileage is pretty close.
Once you get an ‘offer’, they’ll ask for a photo of the dash and the title, and then they’ll send you a packet of documents.

The documents will have the mileage you previously submitted. As long as it’s still within 1k miles and 30 days, it not a problem. Sign away, include your title, and mail it back.

Pretty easy so far.

Reactions: nickg_6
Overall, this will be the most significant update of FSD since it was first introduced in beta.

The other major thing coming up is "Investor Day" on March 1st. This is the same type of event as "AI Day" and "Battery Day" in previous years. It's possible we'll learn more about "Project Highland" at the event - which is rumored to be the either a signifiant update of the Model 3 (due in Q3 of this year) and/or an even less expensive EV platform. We'll also probably get more detail on the future of FSD, CyberTruck and everything else Tesla.

Just some things to help pass the time in between refreshing the app to see if your delivery estimate has changed. :)
I'd be willing to bet project Highland is a reference to Ford's old Highland factory that allowed them to drastically cut costs of manufacturing and take over the market. I'd expect most the changes to be centered around manufacturing improvements to lower cost. Part of this is almost certainly going to involved larger cast parts for the Model 3, I'd assume to share even more parts with the Y where possible and reduce manufacturing time. I do expect some revisions for the Model 3, but I also bet they drop the prices further. I think increased manufacturing efficiency and lower cost is going to be what Highland is mostly about. Has me wondering how much lower. I do think it will take time to roll out. To my knowlage, just one company makes those Megacasting machines for Tesla and they only seen to make one at a time. Maybe the next one will be for Model 3 and will get delivered to Fremont or Austin, or maybe they change things enough to use the same casting being used for the Y currently. My guess is they would like to do that if possible. One problem I see, where it is easy to boast of the benefits lower manufacturing cost to investors at "Investor Day" will customers be as thrilled to buy the new generation. They are going to need to package in some improvements to the cars as well. HW4 is supposedly coming to Cybertruck first, so is Highland not going to be until later then people think or will it not include HW4? Or maybe things change. Either way, I'm a bit worried that I am going to be kicking myself for buying now when a cheaper better version might be on the horizon.

Metro Detroit, MI
Ordered Jan 15th @7pm
M3P MSM w/Black Interior
Original Jan-Feb
EDD: Feb 1 - Mar 1
(1/25) EDD Update (1): 2/5-2/19
(2/6) EDD Update (2): 2/6-2/19

Metro Detroit, MI

Ordered Jan 15th @7pm
M3P MSM w/Black Interior
Original Jan-Feb
EDD: Feb 1 - Mar 1