Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hypothetical: I pick up my M3P during the day when it’s 45 degrees. I go to a hockey game. The game is done at 8pm. It’ll be in the low 30s or upper 20s by then. Dry roads, no precip. Am I good to drive it home 60 miles? Am I overthinking this?

Edit: my concern is the summer tires.

Anyone notice that the M3Ps showing in stock under 55k aren't showing the 7.5k tax credit in the potential savings?

While I can’t look at any in stock around me because there is zero in the Denver area their website still shows the savings. My delivery is scheduled for this coming Saturday the 25th so I’m holding my breathe that it doesn’t change between now and then.

Reactions: Clover
Hypothetical: I pick up my M3P during the day when it’s 45 degrees. I go to a hockey game. The game is done at 8pm. It’ll be in the low 30s or upper 20s by then. Dry roads, no precip. Am I good to drive it home 60 miles? Am I overthinking this?

Edit: my concern is the summer tires.
You’ll be good. Just take your time. I drove my summer pilot sports many times in scenarios just as you described.
Matter a fact I’ll be driving mine home in almost the exact same temps here in Denver next Saturday.

Reactions: MrRJDio
Yikes. Sorry to see this. I don't know it if would help, but maybe you can call your rep and quickly explain your situation to see if they can work something out. You're not doing this because you're entitled and impatient in my opinion. Maybe they can close the deal before the car arrives for you and keep it separate while you are away. I will say, make sure you ask them not to use it for test drives. The Denver center used mine for test drives before I was able to pick it up, which kind of sucks. Wishing you and your family the best.
So update, they are now telling me that they can't hold the vehicle until the 1st and would have to sell the car to someone else since I will be gone during the 3 days they have allowed for pickup 27, 28, 29. So I went ahead and selected the 27th for pickup but I won't be able to pick it up. I'm just hoping the car comes in a few days earlier and they will let me pick it up on the 25th. That's my only chance because if not I will go back on the waiting list and for sure miss out of the full tax credit. My app now shows a EDD window of 22nd to 31st since this morning.

This is update #3 within the last 40 min:

After the Tesla area code 725 call, I decide to bite the bullet and call Corte Madera and take the car. After being put on hold for 15 min, I was connected to an agent, which tried to look up the car BUT couldn’t find it. SMH..WTH….

He said it shows there is one in Fremont (AGAIN?? REALLY) but he couldn‘t transfer me but I’ll have to call Fremont directly. SMH again.

I called Fremont, again put on hold.. about 10 min.. an agent picked up. Go through the script again and he said YES, they have 1 white M3P and 1 MSM M3P on the lot. FINALLY some good news. He went ahead looked up my account, found my RN# and matched it with the MSM M3P on their lot. Right away, my app refreshed with a VIN, but with a warning message - something that I need to go the my account on their website (not the app) to accept - it has to do with the sensors thingy. The agent told me to go online now but the unit is now locked to my account, and he ended the call. Knocked that out immediately and the app refreshes again and the insurance tab is active. Took a picture of my current insurance (not with the Tesla VIN), added the insurance company name, policy number, and expiration date. Within a few minutes I got the 510 text telling me its time to schedule delivery! Now they are rushing me….

Scheduled my delivery for this weekend, and the final payment tab is activate. Linked my bank account (they use Plaid for most major banks) and all seems to be done. The only tabs that are not activate are “review agreements“ and “delivery day”. It did say the “review agreements” tab will be available within 24 hours of delivery appointment.

The wait is almost over!
LOL...

it's either you can't get a VIN for 2 months, or they gonna rush you to pick up!
Just got a call from 510 Tesla - "Can you come pick up today?"

Tesla - you are toying with US ALL!

BTW - Waiting for Tesla is showing 37 M3Ps - seems like they glitched out yesterday...

Last edited:
Terrible news. I went to pick my model 3p up today, and the car had solvent pop all over the car. The detailer said he hadn’t seen it that bad before and that the entire car would likely need to be wet sanded and clear coat fixed. Ultimately I decided to deny delivery. Now I’m left without a vehicle since I sold mine last week, big mistake I know. the tesla advisor told me they would put me in a que to be a matched with a new one. Does anyone know what this means? Im so stressed now.

Got it!

Attachments

• E5217E51-9EC3-4B1A-8D80-8AFB55F7E90A.jpeg
    E5217E51-9EC3-4B1A-8D80-8AFB55F7E90A.jpeg
    657.6 KB · Views: 111
Any flaws or misalignments?
Surprisingly - all good!

Paint finish, panel alignments, Interior fit and finish - All checked out.
I am sure a microscopic inspection will find something - but not going to do that.

Drove home - road noise minimal - no shake or rattle.

I'll give it a 9 out of 10.

Note: This was a direct delivery - basically it's "people-less." They sent an Uber link for me to order an Uber ride, and the parking spot where the car will be. Upon arrival, found my car, and when I open the Tesla App, it already sees the car, paired my phone and car unlock. Without my walk around I could have get in and leave within 5 minutes.

Reactions: Sanzen
Surprisingly - all good!

Paint finish, panel alignments, Interior fit and finish - All checked out.
I am sure a microscopic inspection will find something - but not going to do that.

Drove home - road noise minimal - no shake or rattle.

I'll give it a 9 out of 10.

Note: This was a direct delivery - basically it's "people-less." They sent an Uber link for me to order an Uber ride, and the parking spot where the car will be. Upon arrival, found my car, and when I open the Tesla App, it already sees the car, paired my phone and car unlock. Without my walk around I could have get in and leave within 5 minutes.
Didn’t understand why they still charge a destination fee if you’re picking up from the factory lol

Reactions: spdline2k
Congrats! Enjoy it!
I’m at a hotel in Cortland…..

Had to stop and stay here on the drive back from Brooklyn. Could not see a damn thing - car was slipping a bit due to the summer tires. Visibility was awful. Pulled over and found a hotel with a Tesla charger 😀😀😀. I will make the 2 hour drive home in the morning. I was not going to risk totaling this thing the day I got it. The weather was really bad out there tonight.

@Impolite This. Car. Is. Insane.

LOL...

it's either you can't get a VIN for 2 months, or they gonna rush you to pick up!
Just got a call from 510 Tesla - "Can you come pick up today?"

Tesla - you are toying with US ALL!

BTW - Waiting for Tesla is showing 37 M3Ps - seems like they glitched out yesterday...
Congrats on finally getting your car! I had the opposite experience with scheduling delivery. Got the text this morning to schedule delivery but when I clicked the link, it said that there were no more available delivery appointments. Called Tesla and they told me it was still in transit and to try again later in the week. Luckily, I got another text and was able to schedule delivery for 3/29. It is cutting it pretty close and hopefully I will be able to claim the tax credit.