Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I picked up my M3P on Monday and took it straight to get PPF, ceramic coating and window tint. I'll follow up with pics when I get my car back.
Just got my M3P back from the detailer...CeramicPro Kavaca PPF, ceramic coating and window tint.

Photo courtesy of my friend Mike Cashen.
06032023M3P.jpg

Picked up today. Build quality was great. I have nothing to be fixed. The black paint, wow does this paint scratch easy, if ever a car needed full body PPF. Not sure how anyone can manage it without. 2 hours of polishing with the DA is what it took to look good, still not perfect. Love it though!

Reactions: AwesomeM3
Picked up my M3P today and I was a bit disappointed, There are 2 paint chips on the car and the delivery center said that my options were to reject the car and wait for another VIN or open a service request to get them fixed and per the Tesla rep, they would be able to make it look like new. I decide to take delivery and schedule a service request, but it's going to take 3 weeks to get addressed.

Aside from that the rest of the car was great. I will say that the solid black looks great but it needs to be paint corrected and ceramic coated to maintain that new car appearance. The paint has some swirl marks and water spots that will need to be polished out.

As a first time Tesla owner, this was not great, but it wasn't terrible, paint chips can happen to any car and it's relatively an easy fix, but now I have to postpone the PPF and ceramic coating at least a month. So, I guess I'll be very cautious for the next month.

Attachments

• IMG_0372.jpeg
    IMG_0372.jpeg
    273.7 KB · Views: 76
  • IMG_0373.jpeg
    IMG_0373.jpeg
    611 KB · Views: 75
Picked up my M3P today and I was a bit disappointed, There are 2 paint chips on the car and the delivery center said that my options were to reject the car and wait for another VIN or open a service request to get them fixed and per the Tesla rep, they would be able to make it look like new. I decide to take delivery and schedule a service request, but it's going to take 3 weeks to get addressed.

Aside from that the rest of the car was great. I will say that the solid black looks great but it needs to be paint corrected and ceramic coated to maintain that new car appearance. The paint has some swirl marks and water spots that will need to be polished out.

As a first time Tesla owner, this was not great, but it wasn't terrible, paint chips can happen to any car and it's relatively an easy fix, but now I have to postpone the PPF and ceramic coating at least a month. So, I guess I'll be very cautious for the next month.
I have one of those little white specs also. I am almost positive it’s under the clear coat. I can see it buts it’s as smooth as the rest of the panel. My detailer doing the PPF said to ignore it, if it gets painted the PPF will just take the paint back out. Not totally sure I understand but I am just going to ignore it. The longer I drive without protection the worse it will be. Besides this is my 3rd Tesla and I know what comes with them.

Thats my biggest fear right now... this will be my 2nd Tesla. I took my first straight from delivery to PPF. It was a demo car and it had 2 tiny pin sizepaint chips on the hood, but I just PPF'd over them since they were so tiny. I kind of chalked that up to it having 1500mi on it.

I've already got a PPF appointment scheduled for my M3P delivery day.

Last edited:
Reactions: imartez and zimurgy
Picked up today. Build quality was great. I have nothing to be fixed. The black paint, wow does this paint scratch easy, if ever a car needed full body PPF. Not sure how anyone can manage it without. 2 hours of polishing with the DA is what it took to look good, still not perfect. Love it though!
Nothing is perfect. Put a coat of ceramic on it. Black and dark colors show imperfections 10x more than light colors.

I have one of those little white specs also. I am almost positive it’s under the clear coat. I can see it buts it’s as smooth as the rest of the panel. My detailer doing the PPF said to ignore it, if it gets painted the PPF will just take the paint back out. Not totally sure I understand but I am just going to ignore it. The longer I drive without protection the worse it will be. Besides this is my 3rd Tesla and I know what comes with them.
I ran my finger over it and it's the metal under the paint. I received a message back from Tesla service and the car has to go to a body shop to get corrected. I'm glad to hear they aren't going to just use more touch up paint and that it will get fixed correctly. Just hoping it gets fixed within the next week or so.

Reactions: zimurgy
This is a great deal! I wish I waited a few weeks before ordering mine. Oh well.

Sure is a great deal! I am supposed to pick up on Saturday. The car i had ordered was in inventory and only got $250 off of it. I hate to lose a discount like this but then again i dont want to lose $250 and wait all over again, plus i assume pull credit check again.... Any way around this to get this discount since car hasnt been paid for or deivered?

Sure is a great deal! I am supposed to pick up on Saturday. The car i had ordered was in inventory and only got $250 off of it. I hate to lose a discount like this but then again i dont want to lose $250 and wait all over again, plus i assume pull credit check again.... Any way around this to get this discount since car hasnt been paid for or deivered?

I mean other than another credit check you’re losing $250 but getting a $4k discount. I’d lose the $250 and just pick something from inventory for those $4k.

Just spoke to Tesla rep. He said i can switch it to another M3P and get the discount since its coming to their loacation but only thing i would have to wait a bit longer car says about a week in transit. Not sure what to do but $3200 difference is a big chunk to pass up on. Problem is i just sold my only car yesterday thinking Saturday i pick up M3P.... Just dont know what to do now lol.

Just spoke to Tesla rep. He said i can switch it to another M3P and get the discount since its coming to their loacation but only thing i would have to wait a bit longer car says about a week in transit. Not sure what to do but $3200 difference is a big chunk to pass up on. Problem is i just sold my only car yesterday thinking Saturday i pick up M3P.... Just dont know what to do now lol.
You'd be better off renting a car for a few days and saving the difference.

Quoting myself but this may help some of you who have delivery coming up and want to save close to $4,000. I called Tesla at the location i was supposed to pick my M3P at on Saturday, i didnt make payment yet for pickup and was able to get the same exact car and save around $3500 off the price! I already have the vin the car is at the dealer already in inventory so no need to wait and picking up on Friday now this week!!! Just saved good amunt of money off the payment and thank you to the OP who posted this big time!!! Saved me a chunk!!!!!!!!

Reactions: AwesomeM3 and mcorf
My rep told me I had to cancel and order another car and lose my deposit, which I gladly did. It's worth $250 just to not sit on hold for so long 🤣 Already got my VIN and expected delivery of 6/10-6/19. Stupid of Tesla.
I did not loose the $250 and the car must be showing in inventory on the Tesla website. I had my vin number and delivery date, now its even sooner being its there and already showing on my app directly after the new breakdown of the lease charges.

I did not loose the $250 and the car must be showing in inventory on the Tesla website. I had my vin number and delivery date, now its even sooner being its there and already showing on my app directly after the new breakdown of the lease charges.
This is the right thing to do. Call Sales vs. the deliver advisor and they can help. Spoke to a very helpful rep and he is trying to get me my original car with the discount so I can pick it up tomorrow or Friday.

Reactions: keon718nyc