Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered M3 in MSM on 10/19. I don't believe I was given a specific delivery window- is there a way to find that? Sales rep said "December, maybe late November" but didn't give a specific date range as I've seen in other posts...

I think everyone's range is the same. I think some people have date ranges because that's what the sales rep said, but I wouldn't put much stock in them.

The more I follow this, the more it seems like every dealer gets some number of cars proportional to the number of orders they have, and whenever they arrive, they start the process of assigning them to whoever is on their local list, hopefully in the order that they were purchased.

If you don't get yours in the first batch, another comes a couple weeks later. All of which occurs within the November to mid December timeframe.

That's why no one has a exact delivery date and sometimes VIN more than a few days out from delivery. The batch has to arrive at the dealer and be inspected before they are assigned to individual people.

---

I was going to pester my dealer to make sure I'm on the 2021 model. update my photo, and ask about delivery, but I don't think it actually matters.

If there was a 2020 available, I'd have it already. And it doesn't matter what the photo shows, anyone without a VIN assigned right now is getting a 2021, those are the only ones being built. And the cars will show up whenever they do, and they can't say for sure I'll get one in that batch until they arrive.

Ordered Sept. 12, declined Q3 end of quarter push (stating I was waiting for heat pump). Delivery date is now between October 17 -> November 14. Location: Massachussetts. Told my Sales Advisor I want the 2021 version, old image is still present on the tesla account page, Sales advisor says this is not a problem and won't impact delivery.

Specs: Model 3 Performance, Blue Exterior, White Interior, FSD package.

I think everyone's range is the same. I think some people have date ranges because that's what the sales rep said, but I wouldn't put much stock in them.

The more I follow this, the more it seems like every dealer gets some number of cars proportional to the number of orders they have, and whenever they arrive, they start the process of assigning them to whoever is on their local list, hopefully in the order that they were purchased.

If you don't get yours in the first batch, another comes a couple weeks later. All of which occurs within the November to mid December timeframe.

That's why no one has a exact delivery date and sometimes VIN more than a few days out from delivery. The batch has to arrive at the dealer and be inspected before they are assigned to individual people.

---

I was going to pester my dealer to make sure I'm on the 2021 model. update my photo, and ask about delivery, but I don't think it actually matters.

If there was a 2020 available, I'd have it already. And it doesn't matter what the photo shows, anyone without a VIN assigned right now is getting a 2021, those are the only ones being built. And the cars will show up whenever they do, and they can't say for sure I'll get one in that batch until they arrive.

Great, thank you very much! This will be my first Tesla, and I'm very excited...

Reactions: To3OrNotTo3

---

I didn't get my date range from a sales rep, it's listed online on my Tesla account. But I agree, I'm not putting much stock into the date, i'm thinking it'll be a scramble to get them delivered mid-late December.

Screen Shot 2020-10-23 at 6.26.52 PM.png

I see my Tesla dates under account on the Telsa website. I ordered my Tesla Model 3 (red, LR, FSD) on 10/20. I am expecting a delivery Nov 24 - December 22.

We'll see if it come to fruition, but I am trying to keep my expectations low. A Christmas present will be nice, but I would prefer to go to Thanksgiving in a Tesla after letting it do most of the driving.

I see my Tesla dates under account on the Telsa website. I ordered my Tesla Model 3 (red, LR, FSD) on 10/20. I am expecting a delivery Nov 24 - December 22.

We'll see if it come to fruition, but I am trying to keep my expectations low. A Christmas present will be nice, but I would prefer to go to Thanksgiving in a Tesla after letting it do most of the driving.
Thank you!! I see it now! Ordered 10/24 -- Expected Delivery Data Dec 06-Dec 31 ... more than 6 weeks

Just ordered on 10/20. Red + the Uberturbine wheels is very reminiscent of the prototype!

FWIW, I ordered an SR+ last year on November 2, and picked up my car on the 22nd. Assuming the same timeframe, I would expect the ~8th of December.

Just a heads up for those that might have the question.

I originally ordered a LRAWD on 10/17 - estimated delivery 11/21-12/19.
Minnesota

I Panicked today and edited my order to a Performance - didn't want to live in regret.... and I was loosing sleep.

My delivery estimate date did NOT change, still shows 11/21-12/19.

• Funny
Reactions: RoBoRaT
2021 Performance, Red on Black w/ FSD.
Ordered on October 19th.

Estimated Delivery: November 24 - December 22

Selling my MSM 2018 LR RWD w/ FSD. I know...I'll be losing out on things like Homelink, Free Premium connectivity, and probably more but that performance model is sweet. I have a pending offer for 43k privately, which will net me a bit of positive equity. Tesla offered me 35k, everyone else offered lower.

2021 Performance, Red on Black w/ FSD.
Ordered on October 19th.

Estimated Delivery: November 24 - December 22

Selling my MSM 2018 LR RWD w/ FSD. I know...I'll be losing out on things like Homelink, Free Premium connectivity, and probably more but that performance model is sweet. I have a pending offer for 43k privately, which will net me a bit of positive equity. Tesla offered me 35k, everyone else offered lower.

On the same boat here - will let go of 2018 LR AWD FSD but 73K miles. Carvana offers 30K, so low, likely due to mileage. How many miles is yours?

BTW I am keeping my Homelink Module and will have Tesla activate it.