Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Weak sauce (almost water thin). I can't seem to get any information out of my SA.
My SA has normally been very communicative, but for the last couple days he's been very cryptic in his responses... I had a EDD of 5/30 - 6/15, and now it just says 3-5 weeks like everyone else... I really sucks watching 100 or so other people get their VINs and take delivery that all ordered after me... but at some point I'll have the car and then I'll forget about all of this... at least until we're ready to buy our next Tesla lol.

Reactions: SpaceCash
Why are the M3Ps delivered at the end of the quarter?
I think it's a matter of volume. Few of them are ordered, so it's a small production run. The longer they wait to start the production, the more they can make sure that the cars they build are a match for the orders that have come in. If they build 10,000 SR+, statistically speaking, there is a good chance that most orders will have a match, and the few leftovers will go into inventory. If they build 1,000 M3P (the number might even be lower than that), if they estimate the mix of colours wrong, there may be more cars that aren't a match. Essentially, it's better for Tesla to treat the Ps as individual custom orders, and they can get the most correct orders in a quarter if they do the production run at the end.

BC61455C-FA33-46F5-A8A8-990DC09B3C42.jpeg

Now tesla has a Captcha in its account page. Probably too many people checking their status, it’s a DDoS

• Informative
Reactions: SpaceCash
Surprised to login to my account this morning and find I now have an EDD, it had been showing the generic 4-11 weeks for delivery since placing the order. Now showing an EDD of 6/18 - 6/30. I'm honestly amazed that I got a Q2 delivery slot given my order date, very excited though!
I just realized in my excitement of having received an EDD I posted this in the wrong thread, as I ordered a Long Range. Apologies for any confusion!

Reactions: Sandee3 and Doge-1
I was wondering if I had time to take a vacation the week before the start of my 3-5 weeks delivery window, so I asked my SA. Here’s what I received:

Me: My delivery time frame shifted to 3-5 weeks. Would I be safe to plan that I won't receive delivery before 3 weeks from today?

SA: Yes sir, that would be fine. The delivery date can be adjusted if need be.

🤔I think I’ll just wait. With my luck, I’ll be at the airport to leave and receive notification to pick up my car.

I was wondering if I had time to take a vacation the week before the start of my 3-5 weeks delivery window, so I asked my SA. Here’s what I received:

Me: My delivery time frame shifted to 3-5 weeks. Would I be safe to plan that I won't receive delivery before 3 weeks from today?

SA: Yes sir, that would be fine. The delivery date can be adjusted if need be.

🤔I think I’ll just wait. With my luck, I’ll be at the airport to leave and receive notification to pick up my car.
I just checked my account and was asked about Tesla Vision vs radar. After accepting the change, I received my VIN and my delivery dates jumped up to June 6- June 12, from 3-5 weeks.
I’m in El Paso, Texas and I ordered a M3 Performance, White/Black, no FSD on April 16th.

Hoping I get mine soon! I originally ordered in February and got a VIN in early March. Had to put it on hold "until June 1" since my lease wasn't up and that was prearranged with my SA anyway. I pressed the "I'm Ready" button on 5/10 and my dates have jumped around quite a bit. It shows 3-5 weeks right now but was showing May 29 - June 15 before that. Has anyone put an order on hold before? Does that send you to the back of the line?