Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m in the Bay Area, ordered my Blue/Black/No FSD on 5/16, shocked to have a VIN this morning and estimated delivery 5/29-6/1. I was expecting at the end of the month as typical (this is my 3rd Tesla, fastest order-to-VIN time ever!) VIN is 981162.
Finally the Californian M3P orderers get thrown a bone!

My EDD bumped up a day from June 6 - 26 to June 5 - 25.

Things are starting to look good for us.

I just got assigned my VIN… I ordered back in December, but now I’m stuck if I should just wait for my Model S that I ordered instead of the M3P! This is a going to be a tough decision…😬

Just wait for the new s! It’d be a no brainer for me if I budgeted that much for a new car.

My estimated delivery date for the M3P is May 29 - June 1st, which is so close! I waited so long for the Model S and they keep postponing it, I'm afraid Tesla will change my current estimated delivery date of June 21 - June 30 to August.

I just got my VIN, OMG

EDD: Jun 06 - Jun 12
Awesome! You're probably the First M3P in Canada this quarter (which makes sense based on your order date). Hopefully I'm not too far behind :). Looks like transit time from Fremont to Ottawa is about 9-10 days. I was at the Ottawa delivery centre this morning and the latest arrivals had build dates of May 19th. Assuming yours came off the line yesterday, the delivery window seems to make sense.

There was a really nice white/white MYP in Ottawa in the back lot. I did a bit if a double-take at first, thinking it could be my M3P, lol.

Reactions: Fvmg92
Ordered my M3P Red/Black on 5/15 with delivery location in Chicago.

No VIN yet, but I did get this in the mail today…

1CEDF0C5-09C8-464C-84C4-7160436BCA78.jpeg

Reactions: J03L and alanwill
So I only placed my order (in Alberta, Canada) on May 27th and it was at 3-5 weeks then but it has since changed today to EDD of June 03 to June 14th. That can't be accurate can it?
Ordered a week before you but my EDD is June 10-24 so I’d say that’s reasonable! In the process of selling my car for the fat down payment but it’s such a time crunch as I also have a trip in the middle of this EDD. Wonder what’s the maximum time they can hold the car for

Ordered a week before you but my EDD is June 10-24 so I’d say that’s reasonable! In the process of selling my car for the fat down payment but it’s such a time crunch as I also have a trip in the middle of this EDD. Wonder what’s the maximum time they can hold the car for
Based on previous chatter in here it sounds like around 3 days then you’re back in the queue for the next available one

Reactions: jackie.mp3
So I only placed my order (in Alberta, Canada) on May 27th and it was at 3-5 weeks then but it has since changed today to EDD of June 03 to June 14th. That can't be accurate can it?
Yes, it can. Had you ordered a SR+ or LR, you would be bumped to next quarter or picking from the leftovers. But sure you ordered a P, which are built towards the end of the quarter, you got in before the production run even started. Based on all the VINs that have started showing up for M3Ps, it looks like a lot of them were built yesterday, and the balance will probably be built in the next couple of days. I can't imagine the Ps represent more than a few days of production for Fremont.

Reactions: Waltamobile
I thought the dates would stop moving once I got the VIN this morning... Looks like I'll still be checking a few times a day as my window pulled in a couple days to June 7th- June 13th.

I'll have to reach out to my SA on Tuesday to see if there's any information on when I can actually pickup.