Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla EDD is such a tease...

On Tuesday July 13 it said my EDD was July 14 to August 5.

Then on July 14 it says the EDD is July 15 to August 5.

Yesterday it said EDD was July 16 to August 5.

And now it says EDD is July 17 to August 5.
So I just had a good talk with my SA, and he thinks we will see these in the next 2 - 2 1/2 weeks. No idea how true that is, but I have the same date range and patterns as you and noticed you and I are in the same area, so let's hope he is right!

Yes, everyone's date changes all the time and the format changes all the time too. It will even disappear completely at times. When it says "weeks" it's weeks from your order date, not from today.

The last day of the date range represents the week that they actually expect you to be at the front of the line when they ship cars like yours to your delivery center.

The first day of the range is just to keep you prepared in case someone ahead of you with the same car and same delivery center cancels/rejects their order. That's why that day is often listed as today or tomorrow.
Super helpful thanks! That makes more sense the weeks is from when the order was placed.

As I prep for delivery, I was wondering if there was a good inspection sheet people are using for while they do a once around the car. No I’m not looking to nitpick every last detail but I would like to have a formal checklist of sorts to make sure I look over things prior to taking delivery.

So I'm seeing that there's like two entities handling the delivery process at work here: the system's delivery management vs actual SA monitoring/updates. My text to schedule delivery only gave me 3 days I was going to be out of town, but after an email to my SA, the delivery date in my account now shows 8/2. The system said it could deliver to my house while the delivery date in my account says I need to pick up at the SC. So confused and wish there could be just one aligned straight answer.

If anyone has recently received delivery of M3P, could you please say when you placed the order and when you actually received the car, so that I can figure out what the real timeframe is. (White outisde and white interior, in Los Angeles, if that matters.) I ask because I placed my order on June 4, 2021, and every day I check the website, and the EDD moves a day such that the EDD is always 2-3 weeks away; sometimes the EDD just says something like "7-13 weeks" or some such thing. I'm concerned that I'm going to end up waiting months and still be sitting here with an EDD that is 2-3 weeks out. !
Thanks.

Reactions: THXULTRA
If anyone has recently received delivery of M3P, could you please say when you placed the order and when you actually received the car, so that I can figure out what the real timeframe is. (White outisde and white interior, in Los Angeles, if that matters.) I ask because I placed my order on June 4, 2021, and every day I check the website, and the EDD moves a day such that the EDD is always 2-3 weeks away; sometimes the EDD just says something like "7-13 weeks" or some such thing. I'm concerned that I'm going to end up waiting months and still be sitting here with an EDD that is 2-3 weeks out. !
Thanks.
I placed my original order on June 5th / 6th. 1st attempted delivery was June 25th.

Why did you have to reschedule?
post #7153 in this thread.

Copied and pasted below.

"Hood had a noticeable ding, one door wouldn't close unless slammed, paint chip on driver side door, large panel gaps on passenger side. SA said it will take up to 1-2 weeks to repair in future appt."

I could live with the panel gaps and the hard to close door (since door can be adjusted). However, I did not want a car with a dinged hood and paint chip on one of the doors at delivery. SA said it was large enough that they will have probably have to repaint the entire door. Just didn't feel quite right so I rejected the car.

Reactions: hcdavis3
post #7153 in this thread.

Copied and pasted below.

"Hood had a noticeable ding, one door wouldn't close unless slammed, paint chip on driver side door, large panel gaps on passenger side. SA said it will take up to 1-2 weeks to repair in future appt."

I could live with the panel gaps and the hard to close door (since door can be adjusted). However, I did not want a car with a dinged hood and paint chip on one of the doors at delivery. SA said it was large enough that they will have probably have to repaint the entire door. Just didn't feel quite right so I rejected the car.
How was the unwind process? Did you already have insurance/payment/app all set up to the car you rejected?

How was the unwind process? Did you already have insurance/payment/app all set up to the car you rejected?

Insurance in MD is simple. You do not have to get an insurance card with new VIN until after delivery. I uploaded the insurance card for current car to Tesla.

Payment - paid in full from ACH bank draft so they have been sitting on the money from June to whenever I get next VIN. Hopefully sooner than later.

App - never accepted delivery but there was a weird glitch that took a while for them to fix but that's another story.

Just sitting tight now and hoping for a better VIN next time. :)

Reactions: JohnnyMa
Delivery date has bounced between 7-11 weeks or a 2 week frame in mid/late August. Every time it updates, it is pushed further out by 1-2 days.

I rejected my first delivery in late June.
They must be planning a big performance Model 3 build in August. Mine is also set for mid to late August now... Was set for September so hopefully it is actually delivered in August.

Reactions: nyudoc04
Insurance in MD is simple. You do not have to get an insurance card with new VIN until after delivery. I uploaded the insurance card for current car to Tesla.

Payment - paid in full from ACH bank draft so they have been sitting on the money from June to whenever I get next VIN. Hopefully sooner than later.

App - never accepted delivery but there was a weird glitch that took a while for them to fix but that's another story.

Just sitting tight now and hoping for a better VIN next time. :)
In TX we have to add insurance prior to pickup, but that's easily removed (I'm out of pocket on the duration I had the Tesla on the policy though.) The payment would bug me though - I plan to pay cash but don't appreciate/want Tesla to hold on to ~$60k until they deliver another car. Are they able to refund it in the interim?

In TX we have to add insurance prior to pickup, but that's easily removed (I'm out of pocket on the duration I had the Tesla on the policy though.) The payment would bug me though - I plan to pay cash but don't appreciate/want Tesla to hold on to ~$60k until they deliver another car. Are they able to refund it in the interim?

I agree and it bothers me slightly as well. At this point, I don't want to bother trying to get a refund in the interim as it has been nearly impossible to get in touch with CS. I don't want to introduce another variable that may delay delivery. Hoping to take deliver in August (rather end of quarter in September) and move on with life. I hope everyone in here gets theirs soon! :)

I agree and it bothers me slightly as well. At this point, I don't want to bother trying to get a refund in the interim as it has been nearly impossible to get in touch with CS. I don't want to introduce another variable that may delay delivery. Hoping to take deliver in August (rather end of quarter in September) and move on with life. I hope everyone in here gets theirs soon! :)
Is that your GT-R btw? The Model 3P was an easier sell for my wife, but if not that, then a GT-R would be in my garage :)

• Funny
Reactions: nyudoc04
So while I was checking out existing inventory this morning, I saw a red model 3P with black interior pop up in the Bay Area. Since the only difference for me was the interior color I decided to go ahead and lock it up. I now have a VIN assigned and I am waiting to see what the EDD will be once they update that. I’ll keep you all posted once I get more info.

Is that your GT-R btw? The Model 3P was an easier sell for my wife, but if not that, then a GT-R would be in my garage :)
haha yea, that is my GTR. Mainly a weekend/summer car - clunky at low speeds but a beast once it gets going. I'm replacing my current daily with the m3p (hopefully). I was planning to sell it immediately after but I'm going to hold on to it for a bit until the m3p proves to be problem free etc.

mrmitch5150 - you lucked out!!!

Reactions: JohnnyMa
Two days in a row my EDD is stuck at 7-11 weeks.. not sure if it is a good or bad sign.
6/26 order. Before that it was showing July 28- mid august..
Tried calling my local delivery center and the order delivery team doesn't even bother searching anything and just gives the response of check the website or wait until you have a vin.

Last edited:
June 3rd order date in Toronto. Estimate at order was 8 weeks.
EDD Fluctuated daily, but held steady at July 20-August 10 for a while. Recently, it has been dancing around August 22 - September 11 o_O

My SA said weeks ago that EDD is inaccurate and in my internal system late July was a good date, but needed VIN to be sure. Hope to get it soon!!