Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

digid80

Jul 15, 2021
Goose Creek, SC
My wife keeps telling me she hopes i can accept delivery just so that i can stop talking about it. She can't handle waiting any longer.
Yes this waiting period definitely can consume you a bit. The good thing about it is I don't think I have ever been so informed on a car before getting it lol. I think I have literally researched everything about it between this site and google.

johndough

Jul 19, 2021
Atlanta GA
Yes this waiting period definitely can consume you a bit. The good thing about it is I don't think I have ever been so informed on a car before getting it lol. I think I have literally researched everything about it between this site and google.
Agree 100% - never researched and consumed so much info AFTER buying/ordering a car. I usually wait a long time before pulling the trigger to buy a car, but once I do - it's usually sitting right there and I drive it home. But NOT THIS TIME!!!!!! LOL

Bobo Tinker

Hi I'm Bobo
Jun 26, 2021
Houston, Texas
This might be a dumb question, but do y'all know why Tesla specifically states not sign my trade-in title prior to delivery? I would think if I'm trading into them I need to sign the back of my title before i give em the keys.
I'm not too sure i've never traded in a car before so not sure how that process would work

Reactions: jrmt23

phantasms

Mr Self Destruct
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2019
Westchester, NY & White Mountains, NH
PS Just checked Tesla.com. If I ordered a P today it would be 5-9 weeks. Shame it's the same as the 3 I ordered three weeks ago. lol Has anyone else going through this?

p.s. all good in the end. For those of you who haven't a Model 3 yet....the wait is well worth it. :)

phantasms

Mr Self Destruct
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2019
Westchester, NY & White Mountains, NH
sometimes it gives you the current default wait times. That date is usually from the day you ordered.
That is phenomenally good news.

p.s. if you're unable to pick up your car in time I'll take it, any color so long as it's a P! :p

p.p.s. Let me know when you bring it to your extremely local drag stip. I'll join you.

• Funny
Reactions: RolyGSX

MaxwellN22

Jul 12, 2021
Calgary
I ordered 6/16 and got my VIN 7/26. EDD now 8/5-8/11. Thought I’d share although it seems rather pointless. I have tracked through this process watching this thread and my own ever changing EDD and it doesn’t seem to make any rhyme or reason.

my edd is 7/30-8/5 but I don’t have a Vin yet. Hmmm….. should I be worried?

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC