Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone else received NO communication from tesla after your order (other than a generic Thanks for your order email)? If so, did you just call the nearest sales office to connect with an SA? TIA.
This was my experience as well. I called the local Service Center this morning and didn't get "assigned" an SA, but she answered the lingering questions I had about a few details. She also didn't really have anything to say about the EDD change. Who knows.

Has anyone else received NO communication from tesla after your order (other than a generic Thanks for your order email)? If so, did you just call the nearest sales office to connect with an SA? TIA.
This is my 3rd Tesla order and I didn't even get assigned a SA, which is typically automated, and after calling in locally the SA that answered just put himself on it. I'm not sure if it was because it was a Friday order and Monday would have been assigned, or what, but to answer your question about communication, quite honestly that's how it's gone all 3 times.

The only communication you get is basically automated unless you call in. Then on delivery you show up, they spend 3 - 4 minutes pulling up your info, you sign, then another maybe 3 - 4 minutes walking you through a couple features. Fastest experience ever.

FFS, I wrote a long post with pics and it got nuked, let's try this again ...

Looks amazing!!!

Saw an MSM sunday (that was awaiting pickup at the tesla service center)
beautiful...

It's a fantastic color, it's dark enough to hide panel seams, dirt, stays clean looking - it has quite a bit of metallic luster that really makes the edges/fenders pop - and it's bright enough to provide nice contrast against the darker/black details.

It has quite a bit of blue tint, it's not as apparent in a lot of photos, but it's definitely a gray-blue-ish color. I also really wanted the white interior, and I felt it wasn't as good of a match with my second color choice (red).

This is a pic of ours after driving through so-so weather, sitting at Orlando International for 4 days, driving over the Universal (post-craptacular weather), and getting plugged at the Portofino - looks freshly detailed - no edits, just a resize:

IMG_8023.jpeg

The charging situation was outstanding, we've been to the Portofino 30+ times, but this was a first with the Tesla (or any EV). We parked, started charging, checked in, went to our room, knocked out, got some drinks, some food to take to the room, I came down and moved it, had a full charge :)

Parked right at the elevators, next to these two rides that were giving the Tesla the side-eye :D

IMG_8027.jpeg

Last edited:
The only communication you get is basically automated unless you call in. Then on delivery you show up, they spend 3 - 4 minutes pulling up your info, you sign, then another maybe 3 - 4 minutes walking you through a couple features. Fastest experience ever.

Yep, when I ordered, everything was automated: text messages confirming/prompting (sometimes redundantly) a few key parts of the process, and emails at major milestones. Did everything right online, ordered car, paid deposit, uploaded all required docs like proof of insurance, completed the lease (including a credit check) and made the down payment EFT transfer (kept account linked for monthly payments).

No human beings involved in the process until we showed at the dealer, nice enough guy, but we didn't spend much time, it was maybe 10 minutes tops before we drive away.

LOVED IT :D

Reactions: johndough
Yep, when I ordered, everything was automated: text messages confirming/prompting (sometimes redundantly) a few key parts of the process, and emails at major milestones. Did everything right online, ordered car, paid deposit, uploaded all required docs like proof of insurance, completed the lease (including a credit check) and made the down payment EFT transfer (kept account linked for monthly payments).

No human beings involved in the process until we showed at the dealer, nice enough guy, but we didn't spend much time, it was maybe 10 minutes tops before we drive away.

LOVED IT :D
QQ

Did you, or anyone else, notice that online credit app didn't result in a hard pull? It was very weird. I get alerts for everything. I timed this to work so I could afford a hard pull without too much impact since I planned to apply multiple places quickly, but it ended up being a soft pull and match to a bank and everything went through with a great rate.

Even my recent reports (Credit Karma, Credit Wise & Wallet Hub) show nothing. I'm shocked and the only way this could theoretically happen is a soft pull. Which, is extremely odd for a contractual agreement, especially with Tesla's supposed shotgun approach to getting quotes from multiple lenders.

Exactly like yours.. nothing. Just the thanks for the order "welcome to the family" email. And the excessive page refreshes... Hope that changes soon with a call, or txt or email to coordinate the handoff!

Reactions: DocHolliday
QQ

Did you, or anyone else, notice that online credit app didn't result in a hard pull? It was very weird. I get alerts for everything. I timed this to work so I could afford a hard pull without too much impact since I planned to apply multiple places quickly, but it ended up being a soft pull and match to a bank and everything went through with a great rate.

Even my recent reports (Credit Karma, Credit Wise & Wallet Hub) show nothing. I'm shocked and the only way this could theoretically happen is a soft pull. Which, is extremely odd for a contractual agreement, especially with Tesla's supposed shotgun approach to getting quotes from multiple lenders.
Now that you mention it, you’re absolutely right. I normally get alerts from at least 2 of my banking apps. Nothing with the online credit app.

Also just checked my recent reports in said banking apps and just like you, nothing!

Reactions: DRTII
My SA has been great. Any questions I have i usually email or text him and he answers me within a day or so. Prior to me ordering the car I test drove a model 3 a few months back and since then They always texted me to check in with me and update me with delivery times to see if I was ready to order. I asked to test drive a MYP and M3P and he set it up for me. I have no complaints and it's crazy how everyone's experience is different.

FFS, I wrote a long post with pics and it got nuked, let's try this again ...

It's a fantastic color, it's dark enough to hide panel seams, dirt, stays clean looking - it has quite a bit of metallic luster that really makes the edges/fenders pop - and it's bright enough to provide nice contrast against the darker/black details.

It has quite a bit of blue tint, it's not as apparent in a lot of photos, but it's definitely a gray-blue-ish color. I also really wanted the white interior, and I felt it wasn't as good of a match with my second color choice (red).

This is a pic of ours after driving through so-so weather, sitting at Orlando International for 4 days, driving over the Universal (post-craptacular weather), and getting plugged at the Portofino - looks freshly detailed - no edits, just a resize:

View attachment 691229

The charging situation was outstanding, we've been to the Portofino 30+ times, but this was a first with the Tesla (or any EV). We parked, started charging, checked in, went to our room, knocked out, got some drinks, some food to take to the room, I came down and moved it, had a full charge :)

Parked right at the elevators, next to these two rides that were giving the Tesla the side-eye :D

View attachment 691230
Went to the room and knocked out, huh? Cool, cool cool cool :-D

QQ

I definitely had a hard pull. Credit karma notified me (transunion) about an hour after I submitted the app.

Hi everyone! I actually am part of the LR AWD tesla model 3 but wanted to know if making the upgrade to performance is worth it? So I wanted to ask y'all, why did you choose performance over the long range?

My thoughts were
- Range difference is not life changing
- MUCH faster
- better resale value
- I liked the value of the package especially bigger brakes, those always cost so much

I plan to take mine to autocross / track when I get the chance as well