Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I also received my VIN this morning!!!! Delivery 8/3 - 8/7!!!! Just waiting now for delivery info......
My EDD went from 8/2-8/5 yesterday to 8/3-8/6 a few hours ago... hopefully with some of the consistency I'm seeing with yours and others, that means maybe this week. So, when the VIN is assigned - does that mean it's normally in route to service/delivery center? Hard to imagine that I was assigned a VIN while its at the factory and they GUESStaMated my EDD would be the same week...

My EDD went from 8/2-8/5 yesterday to 8/3-8/6 a few hours ago... hopefully with some of the consistency I'm seeing with yours and others, that means maybe this week. So, when the VIN is assigned - does that mean it's normally in route to service/delivery center? Hard to imagine that I was assigned a VIN while its at the factory and they GUESStaMated my EDD would be the same week...
I got the delivery/pickup text just now and I'm picking it up Friday am. So my car must be getting on a truck to be delivered to the delivery location (Burbank in my case) which is only 1 day away from Fremont. In your case, I would assume its already on a truck/train if you will getting this week. but you should have a VIN already if the delivery date is this week.

Reactions: THXULTRA
If you do get the LR, the boost is 100% worth it. That said, I just sold my boosted AWD and am waiting for a P. For me, I wanted the tighter suspension and track mode so I can do autocross and light tracking. Also, while the boosted AWD and P are currently similar in performance after ~70, there could be more in the tank for the P in the future.
I would agree with this based on the many threads I've read concerning AB vs. P. The P "could" be throttled artificially, as one person pointed out a 0-60 time going uphill that's identical to flat (weird)

What I can't recall offhand is if SoC affects the P. Somewhere there's a chart that shows the 0-10, 10-20, .etc times and the P does pull out eventually. There's also a good P + AB video on YT that shows the P basically stomping the AB LR from dig, roll, and various speed-to-speed challenges.

I seem to remember a 0-30 chart with the AB LR that showed it was very competitive with the P at that range (stoplight-to-stoplight) and that's good enough for most of us.

Ultimately, though, the P simply has more HP and more TQ configured, but I have no doubt if I added AB to the LR it'd be worth it for me.

Reactions: phantasms
I would agree with this based on the many threads I've read concerning AB vs. P. The P "could" be throttled artificially, as one person pointed out a 0-60 time going uphill that's identical to flat (weird)

What I can't recall offhand is if SoC affects the P. Somewhere there's a chart that shows the 0-10, 10-20, .etc times and the P does pull out eventually. There's also a good P + AB video on YT that shows the P basically stomping the AB LR from dig, roll, and various speed-to-speed challenges.

I seem to remember a 0-30 chart with the AB LR that showed it was very competitive with the P at that range (stoplight-to-stoplight) and that's good enough for most of us.

Ultimately, though, the P simply has more HP and more TQ configured, but I have no doubt if I added AB to the LR it'd be worth it for me.
I'm sure the P is throttled artificially to not compete with the model S. Will be interesting to see if they bump the M3P now that the plaid is out. Someone had a twitter post here with a rumor that Tesla was going to bump the performance of the M3P via software update so we will see if that is true.

Heard people notice a difference with the AB option on the long range. I believe you can try it for 48 hours also and if you don't feel it is worth it you can get a one time refund.

Reactions: phantasms and DRTII
I'm sure the P is throttled artificially to not compete with the model S. Will be interesting to see if they bump the M3P now that the plaid is out. Someone had a twitter post here with a rumor that Tesla was going to bump the performance of the M3P via software update so we will see if that is true.

Heard people notice a difference with the AB option on the long range. I believe you can try it for 48 hours also and if you don't feel it is worth it you can get a one time refund.
That would be awesome if the rumor was true. I wonder if they'd be willing to go to 2.6? That would be a half second lower which is inline with AB upgrades.

One concern of mine with AB on the LR is that, yes, you get the improved 0-60, but from what I've read and seen on YouTube videos, the general consensus is you don't get that full useable torque at all speeds. Meaning it's boosted down low but not across the entire spectrum. It still feels worth it for a cheap upgrade compared to the work you'd have to do to an ICE for similar 50hp gains, though.

Reactions: THXULTRA
That would be awesome if the rumor was true. I wonder if they'd be willing to go to 2.6? That would be a half second lower which is inline with AB upgrades.

One concern of mine with AB on the LR is that, yes, you get the improved 0-60, but from what I've read and seen on YouTube videos, the general consensus is you don't get that full useable torque at all speeds. Meaning it's boosted down low but not across the entire spectrum. It still feels worth it for a cheap upgrade compared to the work you'd have to do to an ICE for similar 50hp gains, though.
You also have nothing to lose since you can try it for 48 hours and if you don't feel it is worth it they refund your money. I don't know any other upgrade that you can get a refund like that.

Reactions: phantasms