Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

londonev

Aug 10, 2021
London
Hi all, first post here, ordered a black LR, black interior, on the 9th Aug in London, UK; EDD is late September, been waiting a week, feels like a month. Just want that car with the acceleration boost upgrade.

GrayFawkes

Aug 6, 2021
West Palm Beach, FL
To be fair, SA's don't know much. Your best bet is to monitor inventory as it comes in and snap up a match. Whether what SA's say is true or not, the reality is M3/P's are being shipped and declined, or buyers fall through every day, so instead of waiting you can get "lucky" if you monitor daily.

I've done this twice. It works.
Can you do this if one pops up but it's not in your state? I've been watching for a match for mine but have yet to see one pop up anywhere remotley near my state.

Reactions: DRTII

DRTII

Jul 23, 2021
Oregon
My SA knows I'm down to snatch up a Red/White/MSM M3P with white interior if one pops ups before my build.
Damn, @drpheta . If I'd have known that I would have pinged you on the Red/White M3P that dropped in Cherry Hill, NJ yesterday. It lasted about 30 minutes. Could have had that shipped pretty cheaply, too.

DRTII

Jul 23, 2021
Oregon
Can you do this if one pops up but it's not in your state? I've been watching for a match for mine but have yet to see one pop up anywhere remotley near my state.
Absolutely! Just not in CA apparently. My SA said all CA cars stay in CA because they'll sell fast. Also, CA is kind of a weird state with restrictions and massive sales tax. There's probably some sort of agreement.

Otherwise, yes. Just contact your SA when you see one popup, shoot over the VIN and say "match me to this car!" and they'll try. They aren't always fast enough, but it's worked for me, so I know it works.

DocHolliday

Jul 14, 2021
SoCal
Q: according to the owners manual we are supposed to be provided a tool to remove the lug nut cover. I have not been able to locate mine (glovebox, trunk, frunk). Anyone find theirs or can advise where else to look?

holeydonut

Supporting Member
Jun 27, 2020
East Bay NorCal
Whhooooo got the car delivered to the driveway tonight! Surprisingly it's tough to get the car "unlocked" haha. I guess I'm a weird one with having Powerwalls first before I got a Tesla vehicle. It took a few extra clicks re-logins on Tesla.com and re-installing the app to get into the vehicle.

I posted about my inspection of the vehicle gaps/flushness inside/outside here:

Overall the car's gaps and flushness were really good. The only negative has been the amount of black smudges, handprints, and fingerprints inside the car (headliner, dash, white seats, windows, etc). Really weird that Tesla won't let their folks get clean gloves when they muck about the interior. Also, there were some marks on the paint that didn't come out with a claybar. I'll ask Tesla what they recommend before I try anything more harsh than a claybar.

It was too dark for pics, but Red + White Interior Team = Best Team!

🐿🐿🐿🐿🐿🐿🐿🐿🐿🐿🐿🐿🐿

Finally got some pics today! That's not my real license plate any more though :( :( :(

1629172550086.png

1629172562331.png

Peter R

Aug 2, 2021
NJ
Update, I got an email tonight asking that I accept Tesla Vision, VIN Number allocated and delivery August 14 -20!
Delivered yesterday, panel gaps good, some minor paint issues fixed by the delivery team, one left to be dealt with on a service appointment. This is replacing a 2019 LR and I am amazed how much faster it is.

Reactions: Rknapp

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC