Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
At last!

I have my M3P!

Attachments

• PXL_20210903_213727094.jpg
    PXL_20210903_213727094.jpg
    963.9 KB · Views: 85
Well, after some hiccups due to a misunderstanding in the order/trade process and my own failure to somehow miss the announcement/transition to Tesla Vision I ordered my 2021 Model 3 Performance in pearl white with the black and white premium interior without FSD. I had originally placed an order on 8/29 for an M3P in midnight silver metallic with black premium interior, but I panicked due to the above and cancelled my order.

So far things are good. I submitted all of my information yesterday and accepted my trade offer today. Now I am waiting on my VIN.

The one thing I did noticed is the Tesla custom order page had an estimated delivery of 3-4 weeks, but the current date given when I go to manage my order is October 30 - November 29.

Well, after some hiccups due to a misunderstanding in the order/trade process and my own failure to somehow miss the announcement/transition to Tesla Vision I ordered my 2021 Model 3 Performance in pearl white with the black and white premium interior without FSD. I had originally placed an order on 8/29 for an M3P in midnight silver metallic with black premium interior, but I panicked due to the above and cancelled my order.

So far things are good. I submitted all of my information yesterday and accepted my trade offer today. Now I am waiting on my VIN.

The one thing I did noticed is the Tesla custom order page had an estimated delivery of 3-4 weeks, but the current date given when I go to manage my order is October 30 - November 29.
I hope there is still an option for you to back out of the trade agreement, as Tesla will offer you many thousands less than others such as Vroom, Carvana, or CarMax.

I hope there is still an option for you to back out of the trade agreement, as Tesla will offer you many thousands less than others such as Vroom, Carvana, or CarMax.
I know it can change if they do another valuation, but they were $200 less than Carvana and $2000 more than Vroom. The difference being that I will have a tax advantage for trading with Tesla versus selling to either of those.

Really loving the new m3p! Good luck to all! Hang in there it’s worth the wait! Have 200 miles on mine now and can’t wait to get back in it! Only issue I had on delivery was they installed the front plate off center and I had to go back for them to use a heat gun to remove and replace it. Other than that the car was perfect, paint, interior etc.
40127852-3F3A-4C67-A930-8CCFE3EF17A0.jpeg

What I don’t understand is why are some here getting their M3P sooner than others. For example, just saw one person ordering theirs on 8/16 and then getting a VIN# a week later and already scheduled for delivery. We placed ours on 7/28 and still waiting for a VIN#. On top of that, they have pushed out our EDD 7x. Noticed also that these folks that are getting their VINs and delivery dates scheduled are on the east coast. We are in Seattle. ugh!

Last edited:
What I don’t understand is why are some here getting their M3P sooner than others. For example, just saw one person ordering theirs on 8/16 and then getting a VIN# a week later and already scheduled for delivery. We placed ours on 7/28 and still waiting for a VIN#. On top of that, they have pushed out our EDD 7x. Noticed also that these folks that are getting their VINs and delivery dates scheduled are on the east coast. We are in Seattle. ugh!
I was shocked it moved so fast since the estimates at order time were the same as anyone else. It started being end of September and then sort of rolled closer rapidly. Our east coast orders have seemed to be faster. I don’t know if it’s a logistical thing regarding shipping them or a regional penetration decision sales-wise or what. I feel like the folks getting the longest delivery times are the closest to Fremont - at least anecdotally.

Reactions: Waiting4Hyori
White/White M3P Charolette NC

Ordered 8/30, VIN 3 days later. Delivery scheduled for next week.

When I talked to the Tesla Rep on the phone, they mentioned the car was 'moving' and already in Alabama. I think some of these cars are built ahead of orders and shipped to a general region of the country. Then someone orders the car and if one of the pre-shipped cars is not called for yet, the EDD magically shortens. Just a thought.

White/White M3P Charolette NC

Ordered 8/30, VIN 3 days later. Delivery scheduled for next week.

When I talked to the Tesla Rep on the phone, they mentioned the car was 'moving' and already in Alabama. I think some of these cars are built ahead of orders and shipped to a general region of the country. Then someone orders the car and if one of the pre-shipped cars is not called for yet, the EDD magically shortens. Just a thought.
Congratulations ! Very exciting.

I agree with your analysis with regards to why specific regions are getting deliveries as little as one week.