Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Interesting benefit of waiting. It took long enough to get my delivery date that my trade expired. I had to update my mileage to resubmit. My trade was obviously a month older and I put 2,100 miles on it. The reevaluation came back for $3,000.00 more than the first offer and $1,000 more than what I paid for it. I’m hoping it’s not a mistake. I pick up on Saturday. 2019 BMW X-7 was my trade.

Reactions: aroncbrown
Graduation time!

Did my pickup in Richmond, Va this morning for my White/White non-FSD (opting for subscription as needed) M3P. Pickup was smooth as could be and I literally could not find a single issue to cite. No funky gaps and no paint issues I can find. Anything that initially startled me as a problem rubbed off with my thumb whether it was inside or outside the car. Had a joyous two hour drive back home on I-64 and US-29. "Nerd Rocket" is out back happily pulling the full 48 amps on the wall charger I installed last weekend. So jazzed to explore it more in the coming days.

Received my baby yesterday. Order was placed end of June... so a little over two months wait, maybe two and a half. I bought the dead cheapest version I could get, and the entire delivery process was totally stress-free, was able to spend as long as I wanted with the car inside and out before agreeing to take ownership. No problems other than a minor bit of misalignment on the trunk - one side is a couple mm more flush with the rear lights than the other side, only noticed it today and sent a service request and will see what they say. Hopefully it's an easy fix.

But that's less important than this: the car is otherwise great, it's amazing, and I have a huge smile on my face whenever I'm driving it. I don't know why I waited so long. Good luck to everyone else and I'm excited for all of you to get your cars soooon! :)

Order placed: 8.28
Model: white exterior, black interior / LFP, SR+
VIN Provided: Uncertain, but a day or two after order placement
EDD: 9/11-9/16
Current Status: Car is in pre-production.. which is strange, given a VIN is assigned.

Any insight into a pre-production VIN assignment? I'm not holding my breath for a 9/11-9/16 delivery.
I mean I wouldn't leave 9/11-9/16 out of the question. If memory serves, a model 3 only takes 3 hours to build. Like parts sitting in the factory and bare frame to fully functional vehicle.

Lucky you... what spec did you order? Some people ordered nearly 3 months ago and haven't gotten a VIN. I assume it's because you are in New York lol

Correct - New York. Spec is White / White M3P. No FSD (for now). My first electric car - coming from a BMW M2CS so still trying to figure out ways to take this to the track!

How long does it usually take between Vin Assignment and delivery?

I saw a white one near Telge road a few times over the past week. Pretty car.
Yeah, picked up this evening and just got home. What an awesome vehicle. And yes it’s true, the acceleration is mind blowing in these Performance models. I live an hour south of Houston and got home in 45 minutes. Lol. Getting tinted tomorrow and hope to post some pics!

Was finally able to see our VIN# show up. Tesla is hustling this month: White on White MP3 without FSD. 7/28 Order placement 9/9 VIN# assigned. Waiting for Delivery Date Confirmation.
Update: Delivery window has now also changed from 9/13-9/23 to 9/9-9/15.
Was finally able to see our VIN# show up. Tesla is hustling this month: White on White MP3 without FSD. 7/28 Order placement 9/9 VIN# assigned. Waiting for Delivery Date Confirmation.

Yeah, picked up this evening and just got home. What an awesome vehicle. And yes it’s true, the acceleration is mind blowing in these Performance models. I live an hour south of Houston and got home in 45 minutes. Lol. Getting tinted tomorrow and hope to post some pics!
I’m at Gulf Coast Auto Shield at the Beltway and 59 South getting tint as we speak. Highly recommended here Arthur. I’ll share some pics afterward, 20% all around and 70% windshield.

Reactions: Arthur1116
My first electric car - coming from a BMW M2CS so still trying to figure out ways to take this to the track!
Would love to hear your thoughts on comparing the two cars? I've narrowed down my next car to either the M2CS or the M3P. I recently sold my 21 M240 back to the dealer (they offered me 15% more than what I bought it for nearly 10 months ago; highest appraisal I received.) I generally dont do HPDE events, but like to autocross here with my local SCCA region (hoping to autocross whatever I choose.) I went ahead and reserved a M3P, but figure I have two weeks or so to ultimately decide.

Reserve: 9/8
Model: White exterior, black interior Performance - no FSD
Estimated Delivery: September 22 - September 30

Ordered my deep blue metallic/white interior/no FSD M3P on 8/28. SA stated I'd get match to a VIN around 9/21. EDD has been showing 9/9-9/30 until today, now it says 2-8 weeks. I'm in the Seattle area.

This will be my 3rd Tesla. Started with a 2 year lease on my current 2020 M3P white with black interior followed by a purchase of one of the early Model Y LRs (also white with black interior). The blue will go great with the white Model Y and my ruby red Mustang ;)