Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My OD was 11/17 and my EDD, which has never changed, continues to be 12/13 - 31. Still no VIN but hoping one comes soon. Red/Black with no FSD. L.A. area, taking delivery in Burbank.

Good luck everyone!

That's interesting. I have the same config and ordered three days after you but I have my VIN and an EDD of 12/25-12/29. Where I take delivery (Knoxville) is at the intersection of I-40 and I-75, and I see trucks full of Teslas all the time coming through, so maybe a truck coming through is why I got mine so quick? I'd have to imagine L.A. has similar frequent deliveries, though.

That's interesting. I have the same config and ordered three days after you but I have my VIN and an EDD of 12/25-12/29. Where I take delivery (Knoxville) is at the intersection of I-40 and I-75, and I see trucks full of Teslas all the time coming through, so maybe a truck coming through is why I got mine so quick? I'd have to imagine L.A. has similar frequent deliveries, though.
Yeah, that is interesting. Tesla's logistics setup would make for a very interesting case study. I guess I got lucky nearly a year ago when I took delivery of my MYLR 6 days after ordering. Oh well, it this wait just gives me more time to get my hands on some 19" rims for the inevitable post-delivery wheel swap.

Just got my pickup appt scheduled here in Co. Dec 20th at 2pm in Littleton. So, turns out pickup was within the original window I received when I placed the order back on 11/15. So hopefully this means anyone with dates getting pushed get some luck having them pulled back in.

- Ordered 10/24 and had delivery on hold - Released the hold on 11/10
- EDD was Jan-Feb 2022 when I released the hold and was updated a few day later to 11/29-12/27, then 12/2-12/27, then 12/9-12/31 and now 12/19-12/31
- So Cal Delivery Irvine Location
- M3P White w/Black interior

Update: 12/9-12/31 EDD is now 12/12-12/31, I fully expect on 12/13 for it to change to 12/15-12/31, adding another 3 days. Already basically back to my originally EDD and the 12/6-12/19 adjustment was just false hope
I had my EDD change a couple days twice and it did not arrive quickly. Today they just added 10 days to the front end of my EDD (End date did not change)

Reactions: HarpoonS
M3P Midnight Silver w/ black interior
OD = 12/5
Delivery date on website upon ordering = Dec 2021
1st EDD (one day after ordering) = Feb 2022
2nd EDD (12/7) = Dec 24-31, 2021
3rd EDD (12/8) = Dec 25-29, 2021 - VIN Assigned
As of 12/10 - no change
3 day order to Vin sounds like a dream🥺🥲 Still probably have another 10-14 days before a VIN update here despite my EDD having 12/12 as day one of the new window. i hate California now😡 Tbh I should just move to China they’re getting tons of movement and new tech 😭

My guess is the range is due to cancellations. They put you in line for a newly built car, which is the end date and have an algorithm that predicts cancelled orders, which is the beginning date of the EDD. If the algorithm rings true and that number of cars are cancelled then you'd get your car at the beginning of the EDD and if nobody cancels you will get it at or close to the end of the EDD.

3 day order to Vin sounds like a dream🥺🥲 Still probably have another 10-14 days before a VIN update here despite my EDD having 12/12 as day one of the new window. i hate California now😡 Tbh I should just move to China they’re getting tons of movement and new tech 😭
I live in WA State and am starting to get annoyed seeing people order the same config as me that ordered after me get a vin when I still haven’t heard *sugar*.