Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi everyone, I'm new here. Have a question, recently ordered an M3P on October 28 2021. What model year will I receive? t's not shown anywhere on the paperwork. I have the VIN, does anyone know how to tell if this is MY2022? The VIN ends with NF126688. Thanks for any information you can provide.

Hi everyone, I'm new here. Have a question, recently ordered an M3P on October 28 2021. What model year will I receive? t's not shown anywhere on the paperwork. I have the VIN, does anyone know how to tell if this is MY2022? The VIN ends with NF126688. Thanks for any information you can provide.

Reactions: TNTeslå
It's been said that if the VIN has a "N" then it is a 2022. If it has a "M," then it is a 2021.

Just repeating what I've read throughout this forum last couple days... Apparently any car "birthed" after Nov 1 is the following year.

Reactions: TNTeslå
Really hoping next batch with all white Model 3s here in SoCal will have my car on it 😭 Only 20 possible delivery dates left
I know you've been waiting a while hope you get yours soon. I've been noticing some people's orders get pushed back then suddenly the next day they get a VIN. That happened to me this morning. I had an EDD of 12/10-12/31 last night, then this morning it went to 12/20-12/31, then a few hours later the text came with the VIN

Reactions: HarpoonS
I know you've been waiting a while hope you get yours soon. I've been noticing some people's orders get pushed back then suddenly the next day they get a VIN. That happened to me this morning. I had an EDD of 12/10-12/31 last night, then this morning it went to 12/20-12/31, then a few hours later the text came with the VIN
I’m going to hope the same happens on this end! Congrats on getting your VIN though! Any movement here in SoCal is positive for me, im just super excited 😃

Reactions: sav510
My delivery date just got pushed back from sometime in late December (wasn't paying that close of attention to the exact dates) to Feb 13 - Mar 13. Order date of 11/20, no VIN assigned yet. Not sure exactly what happened -- maybe they're just not making any in my spec (red exterior/white interior) before the end of the year? Interestingly, I ordered a MYP at the same time, and that has moved up from Feb/March to Jan/Feb.

My delivery date just got pushed back from sometime in late December (wasn't paying that close of attention to the exact dates) to Feb 13 - Mar 13. Order date of 11/20, no VIN assigned yet. Not sure exactly what happened -- maybe they're just not making any in my spec (red exterior/white interior) before the end of the year? Interestingly, I ordered a MYP at the same time, and that has moved up from Feb/March to Jan/Feb.
As Sav510 said, you’re probably about to get VIN because of this sharp shift, seems like it’s happening to everyone

Reactions: DrHaus
I'm guessing it has more to do with where they're delivering to, rather than the specs on the car. I ordered on 12/2 with the same red/white specs as you, and my EDD date, updated this morning, is now 12/13 - 12/31. No VIN as of yet either.