Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We're in the same boat -- maybe something to do with west coast white interiors?
Maybe? West coast white interior also absurd projected delivery date.

Hopefully it’s like someone mentioned where dates get shoved back before VIN but mine has already been back for like 5 days.

Tesla is likely doing their west coast push and maybe white interiors just aren’t being build as much (there were part shortages in the past). So it’s feasible that people that ordered white interiors just aren’t going to get them this push and likely have to wait until the next one.

I prefer the first theory more though. Either way I want my blue/white so at this point if it takes until March so be it. Not going to let a few months change my choice.

Maybe? West coast white interior also absurd projected delivery date.

Hopefully it’s like someone mentioned where dates get shoved back before VIN but mine has already been back for like 5 days.

Tesla is likely doing their west coast push and maybe white interiors just aren’t being build as much (there were part shortages in the past). So it’s feasible that people that ordered white interiors just aren’t going to get them this push and likely have to wait until the next one.

I prefer the first theory more though. Either way I want my blue/white so at this point if it takes until March so be it. Not going to let a few months change my choice.
I don't need it urgently so I don't really care, and to be honest, I'm not totally upset with waiting; I've always been a little suspicious of the cars that get built in the year-end rush, and it also probably is helpful for resale also to get one in early 2022 vs. the last few weeks of 2021. There's also a small chance that they'll add stuff in the meantime, too, so I guess we'll see -- one explanation for a sudden two-month extension is that they're adding/updating something and aren't making more white interiors until then. Who knows?

I don't need it urgently so I don't really care, and to be honest, I'm not totally upset with waiting; I've always been a little suspicious of the cars that get built in the year-end rush, and it also probably is helpful for resale also to get one in early 2022 vs. the last few weeks of 2021. There's also a small chance that they'll add stuff in the meantime, too, so I guess we'll see -- one explanation for a sudden two-month extension is that they're adding/updating something and aren't making more white interiors until then. Who knows?
I know I wouldn't mind paying the same price for a 2022 EARLIER in 2022, and getting the double owned glass front and rear, upgraded brakes, and the big one, the AMD Ryzen processor which is rumored to be massively more efficient than the current one. Sure, they might all be upgradeable down the line, but more than likely you'd be talking out of pocket.

Year end rush may have some dip in quality but all the ones already being sent out are 2022 so the resale value wont change.

As for adding stuff sure maybe. I just don’t want to wait too long because the clutch is already giving out on my current car.

Received my first (and only) update in nearly a month: EDD pushed back to 12/19-12/31. Clearly they're still trying to deliver mine before the end of the year.

Red/Black no-FSD
OD: 11/17
original EDD: 12/13 - 12/31
new EDD: 12/19 - 12/31
no VIN yet

in the Los Angeles area and taking delivery in Burbank.

I ordered in mid November and recieved mine dec 15th. To bad I parked it away. Panel gaps were fine only defect I found was spoiler was not centered correctly and minor blemish on rear drive side door which I had them note down I'll get it fixed spring when the weather is better

I know I wouldn't mind paying the same price for a 2022 EARLIER in 2022, and getting the double owned glass front and rear, upgraded brakes, and the big one, the AMD Ryzen processor which is rumored to be massively more efficient than the current one. Sure, they might all be upgradeable down the line, but more than likely you'd be talking out of pocket.
Is this confirmed?

Received my first (and only) update in nearly a month: EDD pushed back to 12/19-12/31. Clearly they're still trying to deliver mine before the end of the year.

Red/Black no-FSD
OD: 11/17
original EDD: 12/13 - 12/31
new EDD: 12/19 - 12/31
no VIN yet

in the Los Angeles area and taking delivery in Burbank.
Same here. I got changed to 12/19-12/31. I take that as a good sign that the window is narrowing.

Reactions: LTN17
BTW, a suspicious death just occurred at Fremont Factory last night. Even if it has nothing to do with production, you know the morale is effected big time which will effect things. Please try to be patient. Everyone is feeling an incredible amount of stress during these times. We all really should be thankful that we are able to be in a position to afford such an incredible car.

Reactions: TNTeslå
I just called Tesla and even though I currently show EDD of Feb 25-Mar 25 he told me he can see the car is in production and will be ready middle of January and delivery (to Canada) by the end of January. He also said the VIN would typically be assigned when the car is completed but not always at that time.

Just and FYI that Tesla seems to have more accurate and detail info then they are providing us

I just called Tesla and even though I currently show EDD of Feb 25-Mar 25 he told me he can see the car is in production and will be ready middle of January and delivery (to Canada) by the end of January. He also said the VIN would typically be assigned when the car is completed but not always at that time.

Just and FYI that Tesla seems to have more accurate and detail info then they are providing us
When did you order? When I called yesterday I got the same “I can see it’s in production” line but they said it’ll be available by end of the month.