Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
View attachment 758718
Not a very good photo, taken with night mode with my Iphone just now.
So here's a picture of a Model 3 Perf I took back in August when I test drove it for the first time. I know it's sideways and stuff but since it's an older model it might help serve as a comparison to yours? It's hard to tell based on shade and stuff, I really don't know if one is lower or not. Maybe someone else has a better eye than I do.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220121-222621.png
    Screenshot_20220121-222621.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 243
Last edited:
The picture online had always been a bit exaggerated. The actual drop with the performance is only 1cm (and might be nothing now?). The actual shocks are the same too.
On paper 1cm isn’t much but in reality it’s noticeable. Pretty much everyone that sees my car asks “is it lower?” or something along those lines.

Would be a baffling change. The performance model already isn’t that different and visually having some difference matters when you’re paying that much more.

Isn't the M3P over the price limit for a car in BBB?
Perhaps... The Senate version of BBB had $80k. Then the House version lowered it to $55k. Neither specified if it was the MSRP per build as configured, or if it was the model "line" MSRP. For instance, my MVPA says Model 3 $35,000 and then LR AWD P $22,900. There's a weeeeeeeee little chance that that means all Model 3 variants would qualify (for example, Tesla’s Canadian compliance car: Is 94-mile Model 3 a clever workaround or silly business?). Or, maybe it doesn't. I waited a bit in hopes that 1) it would pass and 2) there would be clarity on whether or not the P qualifies. Neither happened, so I gave up. With my luck, after I buy it, BBB will come back from the dead and pass and include the P, but not retroactively for me.