Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just called and confirmed Ryzen. The rep was unable to tell me about the battery.
SA (not the rep who I spoke with) finally responded to my text and said Ryzen but no lithium ion battery. I'm confused since I have not seen reports of a car with one but not the other. I'm tempted to not believe my SA for the time being. Would it be possible to check for the battery during pick-up prior to accepting delivery?

SA (not the rep who I spoke with) finally responded to my text and said Ryzen but no lithium ion battery. I'm confused since I have not seen reports of a car with one but not the other. I'm tempted to not believe my SA for the time being. Would it be possible to check for the battery during pick-up prior to accepting delivery?
pretty sure they come together.

Update:
M3P, MSM, black int, no FSD
OD: 12/26/2021
Original EDD: February
12/28/21 EDD: 1/18/22 - 2/15/22
1/11/22 EDD: 2/15/22 - 3/15/22
1/17/22 EDD: 2/3/22 - 3/1/22
1/23/22 EDD: 2/9/22 - 2/19/22
1/24/22 Received VIN 166xxx, Ryzen=Yes, L-Ion LV Batt=Yes, Improved Premium Audio=Yes(didn't know about this), heated wiper park=yes, double-p rear windows=No(SA thought this was overseas only); hairpin motor=no (based on vin and SA thought this was overseas only); EDD 2/10/22 - 2/14/22

Just called and confirmed Ryzen. The rep was unable to tell me about the battery.

My SA updated me my car will have the Intel. Will be getting delivered on Sunday! Can’t wait
New member here in LA with M3P White / Black interior, no FSD.
Original VIN was declined in early January as it did not have AMD Ryzen.
Just got a new VIN today 164900. SA confirmed it has AMD Ryzen. I did not ask about the other stuff. It has a C in the VIN regarding the motor.
Taking delivery on 1/26 and very excited. Will report back.

• Love
Reactions: lUtriaNt
Just got a VIN. 167XXX. Haven't called and checked, but I'm going to assume it's Ryzen / Lithium battery with that VIN for now. No hairpin motor based on that VIN.

EDD still showing as 2/4 - 2/17
Date range now narrowed to 2/8 - 2/11 - of course that entire range is weekdays. I'll have to make this work somehow.

Do you guys know how the actual scheduling part works? Do I get to pick a time? And how late are they typically open?

Reactions: eakrish
Update:
M3P, MSM, black int, no FSD
OD: 12/26/2021
Original EDD: February
12/28/21 EDD: 1/18/22 - 2/15/22
1/11/22 EDD: 2/15/22 - 3/15/22
1/17/22 EDD: 2/3/22 - 3/1/22
1/23/22 EDD: 2/9/22 - 2/19/22
1/24/22 Received VIN 166xxx, Ryzen=Yes, L-Ion LV Batt=Yes, Improved Premium Audio=Yes(didn't know about this), heated wiper park=yes, double-p rear windows=No(SA thought this was overseas only); hairpin motor=no (based on vin and SA thought this was overseas only); EDD 2/10/22 - 2/14/22
are you in florida?

Okay strangest thing just happened. I called Tesla CS to speak with another rep about the battery, and this rep pulled up my info and said I have Intel! I was extremely confused and told him that my SA had said I had Ryzen+Lead-Acid. He asked for my SA's name, I told him, he put me on a short hold to speak with my SA, came back and said that he was incorrect and I have Ryzen+Li-ion. My SA is still saying I have Ryzen+Lead-acid. I'm honestly baffled at all of the conflicting information, but I'll be accepting the VIN for now and inspecting the car for the new battery at pick-up.

Reactions: lUtriaNt
Okay strangest thing just happened. I called Tesla CS to speak with another rep about the battery, and this rep pulled up my info and said I have Intel! I was extremely confused and told him that my SA had said I had Ryzen+Lead-Acid. He asked for my SA's name, I told him, he put me on a short hold to speak with my SA, came back and said that he was incorrect and I have Ryzen+Li-ion. My SA is still saying I have Ryzen+Lead-acid. I'm honestly baffled at all of the conflicting information, but I'll be accepting the VIN for now and inspecting the car for the new battery at pick-up.
I wouldn't take any of what they're saying as gospel. As far as I'm aware, there hasn't been a single model 3 or model y that got the Ryzen without the lithium battery or vice versa. And considering it seems the 160xxx and newer VINs all seem to pretty consistently have both, I would be surprised if you didn't have both as well.

In the worst case scenario - if it were me, I'd prioritize the Ryzen over the lithium battery. The latter isn't going to make a tremendous difference to usability.

• Helpful
Reactions: DVM3P