Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m 90% sure the Performance is the same height and they lowered the other models. Interesting.
The model 3 image in the app shows the suspension lower than the current configurator image.

Who knows what the actual situation is. Based on that video posted a few pages back, there is clearly some variability in the ride height. And at least the model 3 performances I’ve seen in person never looked as low as on teslas website.

Reactions: ProLeopard
What would you guys do? Currently have a mid December 20 built M3P missing new headlights, heat wheel, etc. Vroom is offering pretty much what I paid . Would you guys sell to get a few upgrade? I do get fomo on all the new stuff you guys got, i know its not good lol

so i have a 2020 model 3p with 20s so if anyone wants me to go measure something holla at me.

Thanks! It was a home delivery and the driver said he brought the car from Marina Del Rey.

No, the delivery guy didn't really do much except collect the cashier's check and show me how to accept delivery in the app. :p He was nice, though, and let us take our time inspecting the car inside and out prior to accepting (while his Uber driver waited to take him back). The front plate holder was in a bag in the trunk along with the mobile connector and the J1772 adapter. I'll be installing a SnapPlate front license plate mount (once it arrives).

I don't plan on tinting the car (as I never do)... But MPP coilovers/other goodies, BBS wheels, etc. are in the works.

appreciate you for your response! i have a digital license plate on my 2020 m3p and im planning to get one of those removable front plates like you are getting but putting the license plate wrap on it rather than the metal one. reason is if someone were to steal the thing, they would steal the vinyl "plate" and not the original one. because if the metal plate is stolen dmv wont issue you the same plate and whilst i dont have a personal plate, i DO like the random plate number i got.. people think its a personal plate..

Any previous owners here have experience with insurance and FSD , before / after the fact / preferably in California ? No one seems to know / have answers. 😅

yeah i have experience with all of that. im in fsd beta and had tesla ins since march 2020 when i got model 3p. what do you need to know?

What would you guys do? Currently have a mid December 20 built M3P missing new headlights, heat wheel, etc. Vroom is offering pretty much what I paid . Would you guys sell to get a few upgrade? I do get fomo on all the new stuff you guys got, i know its not good lol
had to look up what fomo meant... :0

TL;DR ---- DO IT
!!!!!!!!! get to da choppa !!!!!!

i have a 3/2020 model 3 p with pup and fsd. i financed it for 51K.

i just sold it at 19K miles for $55K through driveway.com. the reason i did this is the used market is cray cray right now!

i used carvana, give me the vin, vroom, shift, car buyer usa. did not use carmax because they usually low ball.

EDIT -0- i wanted to add that i love the car ! my car had no issues at delivery. its fun to drive and it has not given me any issues. i already have a lithium 12v battery in the car and the atom chip is not sluggish at all . if the market was not as it is currently id have stayed with what i got. this car is a stop gap to get me into a CT so i would have been cool with it until that day came.

Last edited:
Reactions: eesmjus
hmm im sorry mate i dont understand what you are asking.

are you asking what the insurance will do/cover if you are using fsd and you get into an accident ?
No, I'm asking if the increased value of the FSD will be covered by the insurance. I'm more concerned about when I go to purchase the FSD later for 12k that that additional value will be part of the car. i.e. is the insurance company going to value a replacement value of the car with the FSD or without?

• Helpful
Reactions: lUtriaNt
The model 3 image in the app shows the suspension lower than the current configurator image.

Who knows what the actual situation is. Based on that video posted a few pages back, there is clearly some variability in the ride height. And at least the model 3 performances I’ve seen in person never looked as low as on teslas website.
Yeah it seems you’re right. And yeah going through YouTube videos, none of the M3Ps appear as low as they advertise lol.

Which video? I watch this thread closely so idk how I missed it.

Reactions: ProLeopard
Yeah it seems you’re right. And yeah going through YouTube videos, none of the M3Ps appear as low as they advertise lol.

Which video? I watch this thread closely so idk how I missed it.
Whoops, it was actually in the refresh thread:

Just a UK video looking at the MIC model 3, and during it they look at the ride heights of a lot of US and MIC model 3s, including performances. IIRC the performances were actually typically higher.

Edit: Updated video to the relevant timestamp

Whoops, it was actually in the refresh thread:

Just a UK video looking at the MIC model 3, and during it they look at the ride heights of a lot of US and MIC model 3s, including performances. IIRC the performances were actually typically higher.

Edit: Updated video to the relevant timestamp
Now that is interesting. If nothing else it convinced me that I shouldn’t be concerned about the suspension, I guess?

Now that is interesting. If nothing else it convinced me that I shouldn’t be concerned about the suspension, I guess?
Yeah, I wouldn't worry about it. Seems like the height was never significantly different in the first place. And even if it were, the shocks are the same, sway bars are the same, bushings are the same, control arms are the same, etc. There's no significant chassis upgrades like BMW M-cars get over their series counterparts. Unclear to me if the actual spring rates are the same or not, but I feel like Tesla would have advertised that if that were the case ("sport tuned" suspension or something like that).

Reactions: DVM3P and eakrish
if someone with a new 22 m3p with 20s want to measure the height, ill go outside and measure my 2020 m3p and put this to rest?

saw the video. im still curious so ill go outside and measure my car the same way anyway to see. :0

EDIT -- yeah same as my 2020 m3p/pup (20 inch wheels).

what i will add is i dont have the tesla shipped 12v battery -- i have the ohmmu li ion battery which is much lighter ( 8 ish pounds). at the very least im happy the newer model is not higher...

it fits.jpg

No, I'm asking if the increased value of the FSD will be covered by the insurance. I'm more concerned about when I go to purchase the FSD later for 12k that that additional value will be part of the car. i.e. is the insurance company going to value a replacement value of the car with the FSD or without?

appreciate the update.

generally speaking, ins cos wont value fsd. its not worth 12k as it stands anyway. its a BETA feature.

traditional ins cos dont know what fsd is and dont know how to factor that into a cost. its a software item and not something that has to physically be added on. even the most basic tesla can get fsd at the swipe of a credit card.

perhaps as more evs with this type of autonomous driving gets more mainstream. these tradicional ins co's will know how to value it.

i went with tesla ins because they were much cheaper than allstate, whom i had for decades (90s), and they know how to evaluate their cars and systems.

Last edited: