Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone know if the floor mats fit differently between the pre and post refresh models? The 2020-22 3D Maxpider mats are sold out everywhere, but I’m not sure what the actual difference is. On teslas own website they don’t differentiate by year for their all weather floor mats.

Had a Model 3 LR on order since 12/26/21. Last delivery showed Feb 15th to March 15th. Called January 28th to inquire about specs already built. A M3P in Deep Blue with White was already built with VIN, located in California and I decided to upgrade. New Delivery shows Feb 8th - 12th. Being delivered to Miami, FL.

• Love
Reactions: lUtriaNt
Had a Model 3 LR on order since 12/26/21. Last delivery showed Feb 15th to March 15th. Called January 28th to inquire about specs already built. A M3P in Deep Blue with White was already built with VIN, located in California and I decided to upgrade. New Delivery shows Feb 8th - 12th. Being delivered to Miami, FL.
Nice ! I was eyeing that car 😅 but didn’t want the white interior

Nice ! I was eyeing that car 😅 but didn’t want the white interior
Lmao were you?! Yea it had 200 miles on it, and I was like "i'm doing it!" Biggest factor was I didn't want to reapply for credit cause my approval expires February 23rd. Don't want to get dinged on inquiries. I will for sure have to be careful with the white interior. I may have to start eating outside of my car on lunch breaks. 😆. Have you got yours yet?

Lmao were you?! Yea it had 200 miles on it, and I was like "i'm doing it!" Biggest factor was I didn't want to reapply for credit cause my approval expires February 23rd. Don't want to get dinged on inquiries. I will for sure have to be careful with the white interior. I may have to start eating outside of my car on lunch breaks. 😆. Have you got yours yet?
My EDD is now 1/31 - 2/11, I spoke with my SA and my loan is good till 3/5 so I think I should be ok.

I actually originally ordered that exact car but changed to the black interior after a few test drives. Decided the white just wasn’t for me.

As for keeping clean I’ve been told the white is well treated and easy to maintain as long as you wipe clean often.

• Informative
My EDD is now 1/31 - 2/11, I spoke with my SA and my loan is good till 3/5 so I think I should be ok.

I actually originally ordered that exact car but changed to the black interior after a few test drives. Decided the white just wasn’t for me.

As for keeping clean I’ve been told the white is well treated and easy to maintain as long as you wipe clean often.
My dumbass applied for financing the same day I ordered since I was new to the process. Luckily I had the bright idea to just go M3P since I was gonna pay the 2k for the acceleration upgrade for the LR, and I was getting it in Silver with White. Ended up getting a color I really wanted so it just worked out. In a weird way I saved 3K so I didn't mind dropping the bigger down payment. Now I am just so damn excited to have the car in my possession. Mind you I did this change at 5am Eastern time. Something told me to wake up and do it. So glad I did.

My dumbass applied for financing the same day I ordered since I was new to the process. Luckily I had the bright idea to just go M3P since I was gonna pay the 2k for the acceleration upgrade for the LR, and I was getting it in Silver with White. Ended up getting a color I really wanted so it just worked out. In a weird way I saved 3K so I didn't mind dropping the bigger down payment. Now I am just so damn excited to have the car in my possession. Mind you I did this change at 5am Eastern time. Something told me to wake up and do it. So glad I did.
Same dummy as you but much worse. In addition to applying for credit I also mistakenly completed two orders (and two deposits) for the same configuration.

Last edited:
  • Funny
I did the same thing, I was so excited that when they said "next steps" I'm like ok ok let me do everything I can o_O luckily at least through Tesla it seems the quote is good for 60 days not 30 days.

Glad you got your car coming sooner than later, I'm sure you will love it, the performance drives amazing (much better than the LR in my opinion).

New Guy here...
M3P Red / White no FSD
O.D. 1/10
EDD 2/15-3/15
New EDD 2/6-2/12
VIN assigned 1/29
159XXX
Time to schedule delivery text just arrived? How am I getting this car so fast? Rejected by others? Not updated? Cash purchase?
My guess is because you are getting yours shipped to other side of country, ive noticed the local (me being in Bay Area) seem to be longer to get VIN :(

had to look up what fomo meant... :0

TL;DR ---- DO IT
!!!!!!!!! get to da choppa !!!!!!

i have a 3/2020 model 3 p with pup and fsd. i financed it for 51K.

i just sold it at 19K miles for $55K through driveway.com. the reason i did this is the used market is cray cray right now!

i used carvana, give me the vin, vroom, shift, car buyer usa. did not use carmax because they usually low ball.

EDIT -0- i wanted to add that i love the car ! my car had no issues at delivery. its fun to drive and it has not given me any issues. i already have a lithium 12v battery in the car and the atom chip is not sluggish at all . if the market was not as it is currently id have stayed with what i got. this car is a stop gap to get me into a CT so i would have been cool with it until that day came.
Carmax actually gives great prices. Try them next time

New Guy here...
M3P Red / White no FSD
O.D. 1/10
EDD 2/15-3/15
New EDD 2/6-2/12
VIN assigned 1/29
159XXX
Time to schedule delivery text just arrived? How am I getting this car so fast? Rejected by others? Not updated? Cash purchase?
I have a 159xxx performance VIN with a build date of 1/21. It has ryzen and the new features. Something definitely happened with a previous buyer but if everything checks out you're good!

M3P MSM, Black, No FSD

12/26 OD

Picking it up on 2/6

When I received the text about scheduling pick-up, my app gave an estimate EDD of 2/1-2/7 so I was thinking that I was going to pick it up in a few days but once I went into the calendar to actualLy schedule pick-up 2/6 was the soonest available. Plano, Tx pick up.

Reactions: rmenk
I just wanted to chime in with my delivery experience and build quality; there's so much negativity posted about getting a bad build or a bad delivery experience. I get it; you get a car without issues and delivery was good so why bother hanging out on the forums? You're too busy pinching yourself and driving your new car! The anxiety you get from reading about someones horrible experience can really make the waiting hard, I hope this post helps.
I ordered my M3P on Jan. 14th and got a text that my car was on it's way to Scottsdale and would be ready as soon as Tues. Jan. 18! Yep, I know, that's stupid lucky. The delivery guy said someone might not have been ready and refused the car (no Ryzen?). I picked the car up that Friday morning and I'm happy to report that both delivery and the build of this car was great. No scratches, no stained white seats; I did have a plastic trim piece along the bottom side of the car not snapped in all the way, I knelt down and smacked it in a few places and all was good. The paint looks great! The delivery experience was a little disconnected, I think because of Covid? I had to scan the sign and wait for a rep to come out and answer a couple of questions.
The car drives straight which was a major concern of mine, again reading some horror stories on the forums. Anyway, I've got a new M3 performance in red with white interior and I think it's just beautiful. Good luck with your new M3P!
Tom