Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you need a car in the next month, I would not count on it. If you are not in a hurry, the dates may still change back in your favor.

There are many of us who ordered in February who are still awaiting VINs, so it is very unlikely an end of March order gets delivered before July.
Most Feb orders have an May EDD and March orders would be June… I like to think 3 months is the average wait time for deliveries, give or take a couple weeks given location. We still have 2 months left in the quarter and anything can happen.

Most Feb orders have an May EDD and March orders would be June… I like to think 3 months is the average wait time for deliveries, give or take a couple weeks given location. We still have 2 months left in the quarter and anything can happen.
I was taking into consideration the perceived influx of orders in March and the rapid changing of the EDD on the website as indicators the timeline is getting pushed out further and further.

If I'm wrong, that's great news for late March and later orders.

• Informative
Reactions: Rodney!
Mid March was when gas prices were getting real high and the EDD on the website started to get pushed back. Based on people's EDDs here I would think if you ordered before mid March you'll get squeezed into the Q2 deliveries
I was just considering Q2 deliveries. There have been a few logical musings about big end-of-quarter pushes and then pausing to recuperate and re-tool at the start of each quarter. Given almost nobody is getting deliveries in April, it does give me hope that Tesla is indeed slowing production to retool assembly lines and perfect smaller improvements. Maybe we’ll start seeing double-pane rear windows and other minor tweaks for this Quarter, then?

I was taking into consideration the perceived influx of orders in March and the rapid changing of the EDD on the website as indicators the timeline is getting pushed out further and further.

If I'm wrong, that's great news for late March and later orders.
Don’t get me wrong were still talking Tesla here lol and there will be stragglers and end up in the next month or the big Q3 push. Hopefully our friend Gulfcoaster made the cut

Reactions: jessepotter
Don’t get me wrong were still talking Tesla here lol and there will be stragglers and end up in the next month or the big Q3 push. Hopefully our friend Gulfcoaster made the cut
Thanks guys....

I don't think any one of us can logically guess at Tesla's ordering EDD system. What I do know is when we get pushed out two more months it affects us all in regards to trade in or outright selling values of our current vehicles, the interest rate, repeat credit hits, etc... I was told I could receive an i4 M50 in 5 - 6 months and that car is not even in production yet apparently. I don't want the BMW but come ON Tesla.....

I was just considering Q2 deliveries. There have been a few logical musings about big end-of-quarter pushes and then pausing to recuperate and re-tool at the start of each quarter. Given almost nobody is getting deliveries in April, it does give me hope that Tesla is indeed slowing production to retool assembly lines and perfect smaller improvements. Maybe we’ll start seeing double-pane rear windows and other minor tweaks for this Quarter, then?
My 2021 M3P was an "end of qtr push" vehicle and it arrived looking like Mrs. Callahans 3rd grade class built it. I made a HUGE mistake excepting it and looking back, I only waited 6 weeks. Like you Lindenwood, If this push out is part of a QC thing and maybe rear laminated glass etc... I can maybe understand. But talk about an extremely unorthodox company!!!..... Tesla wrote the book on that.

Black Black M3P ordered in September 2021. Was to be delivered in March but was not able to take delivery due to apartment move at the time.

Thus I am still waiting with:

"We will reach out to you to schedule your delivery date. Delivery time frame is based on order date, profile submission, delivery location and vehicle configuration."

I have a feeling i still wont see it in May or June due to Giga Shanghi stopped production

My 2021 M3P was an "end of qtr push" vehicle and it arrived looking like Mrs. Callahans 3rd grade class built it. I made a HUGE mistake excepting it and looking back, I only waited 6 weeks. Like you Lindenwood, If this push out is part of a QC thing and maybe rear laminated glass etc... I can maybe understand. But talk about an extremely unorthodox company!!!..... Tesla wrote the book on that.
Also - if it is to "retool" and for QC, one would think Tesla would announce it. Kills 2 birds with 1 stone. Those waiting have a better understanding and notification of updates for those waiting or who are pending order.

For comparison on communication and OD vs. EDD - I ordered a 2022 Ford Maverick on November 27th 2021. Dealer said I'll get it in 8-11 weeks. Haven't heard a word from dealer or Ford for 5 months...crickets....Apparently Ford sends an email when it is "scheduled" for a build and the "scheduling" is about a month in advance. So, if I got an email today, for a build in late May, with another month of shipping/deliver to dealer - it would be at least 7 months total. That's best case scenario. I'm honestly thinking I'll get an email notifying me that I've been "upgraded" to a 2023 model since they won't be able to build and ship before September timeframe. Just wanted to throw this out there.

So, when I get an EDD, even if it changes, at least I'm aware and have some knowledge of the shifting.

I know it is frustrating to a lot of people because of the shifting. Would you rather know your dates have shifted - or get no information at all?

Thanks guys....

I don't think any one of us can logically guess at Tesla's ordering EDD system. What I do know is when we get pushed out two more months it affects us all in regards to trade in or outright selling values of our current vehicles, the interest rate, repeat credit hits, etc... I was told I could receive an i4 M50 in 5 - 6 months and that car is not even in production yet apparently. I don't want the BMW but come ON Tesla.....
Yeah they should really disable the trade-in and financing options until after the VIN… at least until things settle back down whenever that may be. Doesn’t make sense when even Tesla doesn’t know when to expect your vehicle.

• Helpful
Just for giggles, I sent mr. Potter's EDD meme to my SA...

Screenshot_20220425-144011_Messages.jpg

Quite professional response, completely ignored the meme. Hopefully they lol'd at least... 🤗

So, when I get an EDD, even if it changes, at least I'm aware and have some knowledge of the shifting.

I know it is frustrating to a lot of people because of the shifting. Would you rather know your dates have shifted - or get no information at all?
I would rather have a date that I can trust, and not be lied to when placing the order. For weeks after I ordered, Tesla was still claiming that my exact design could still be delivered in a few weeks despite my EDD showing in months. It's very underhanded and a shady business practice.

Aside from getting my EDD continuously pushed back for my M3P from March delivery now in May, Tesla also reduced my trade-in value on the car I am trading in by $1200, and it's way below even KBB's lowest trade-in value now. I am really starting to feel like they are playing me here.
Trade it into a different dealership. That's what I did. Got 3 grand more than what Tesla was offering me. It makes up for the tax savings I would have gotten by trading it into Tesla. But I'm ahead by 1200 dollars trading it into a same brand dealership that made your car.

Trade it into a different dealership. That's what I did. Got 3 grand more than what Tesla was offering me. It makes up for the tax savings I would have gotten by trading it into Tesla. But I'm ahead by 1200 dollars trading it into a same brand dealership that made your car.
Well that's the thing. In CT, anything over $50K gets a higher tax bracket and with the trade-in tax credit this will save me over $4K. I am sure I can get $3-4K more than Tesla but then I lose the tax credit. I am going to try and negotiate. They told me KBB value originally and the market for my car is stronger than ever. I don't see why they are undervaluing it so much. It's the principal. I am not unrealistic either my car is immaculate with extremely low miles, almost a full warranty, and it looks better than new after paint correction and quartz coating. They are not even offering me the lowest of the KBB trade in values. At some point I just keep my current car and wait and give the market a year or two and see what the competition does.

Thought I'd contribute.

Order Details: M3P, Red Multi-Coat, White Interior, No FSD
Delivery Location: West Palm Beach, FL
OD: 3-28-22
EDD: June 15 - July 27
EDD updated on April 2nd: May 28 - July 2

-no changes since April 2nd -
Better EDD than mine. Only difference is mine is white.
------------
Order Details: M3P, White, White Interior, No FSD
Delivery Location: Virginia
OD: 3-22-22
EDD1: July 31 - September 25
EDD2(4/10) - June 3-July 8

nothing since then..

• Informative