Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well that's the thing. In CT, anything over $50K gets a higher tax bracket and with the trade-in tax credit this will save me over $4K. I am sure I can get $3-4K more than Tesla but then I lose the tax credit. I am going to try and negotiate. They told me KBB value originally and the market for my car is stronger than ever. I don't see why they are undervaluing it so much. It's the principal. I am not unrealistic either my car is immaculate with extremely low miles, almost a full warranty, and it looks better than new after paint correction and quartz coating. They are not even offering me the lowest of the KBB trade in values. At some point I just keep my current car and wait and give the market a year or two and see what the competition does.

Well obviously if it makes more sense to trade it into Tesla for the tax savings. I would have done the same thing. Here in Minnesota it is different. I would have saved over a thousand in taxes if I would have "purchased" it in Wisconsin. Which is less than 20 minutes from me

I've seen so many people getting updated EDD's moving in all sorts of directions - mostly the wrong direction. I haven't had an update in right at a month. Maybe I'm just lucky - or maybe it just hasn't caught up to me yet. Has anyone else out there that ordered in March not had their EDD updated?
I think it’s random I haven’t had an edd update in awhile and ordered in March. See Sig.

Reactions: toquar
I have a weird one...

OD: 3/5
EDD: April
VIN assigned (LR): 4/16
EDD: 4/18
Rejected above due to vacation

VIN2 assigned (LR): 4/22
EDD: 4/25
Rejected again due to vacation

Upgraded to M3P: 4/23**
VIN3 assigned: 4/25
EDD: 5/15 (this is not a reject as SA tells me its not built yet and they dont have exact delivery date yet)

** after trying for weeks to upgrade from LR to P, after multiple employees told me I couldnt change without a pricing sheet update, I finally got someone who knows what's going on over there. Got for $58,990 + black paint + fees n taxes.

Solid black, black interior, no FSD,

Well that's the thing. In CT, anything over $50K gets a higher tax bracket and with the trade-in tax credit this will save me over $4K. I am sure I can get $3-4K more than Tesla but then I lose the tax credit. I am going to try and negotiate. They told me KBB value originally and the market for my car is stronger than ever. I don't see why they are undervaluing it so much. It's the principal. I am not unrealistic either my car is immaculate with extremely low miles, almost a full warranty, and it looks better than new after paint correction and quartz coating. They are not even offering me the lowest of the KBB trade in values. At some point I just keep my current car and wait and give the market a year or two and see what the competition does.
You will need to weigh cost savings with the trade in versus the de-valuation that is being seen in the market already. We opted to skip the stress of it all and sell our M3LR ahead of time to Driveway. We could have gotten more elsewhere, but we also didn't have to deal with a month of test drives, tire kickers, etc. So we will make up some of that lost money in both time saved as well as cancelling insurance, no payments, no charning.

• Helpful
Reactions: Rodney!
I have a weird one...

OD: 3/5
EDD: April
VIN assigned (LR): 4/16
EDD: 4/18
Rejected above due to vacation

VIN2 assigned (LR): 4/22
EDD: 4/25
Rejected again due to vacation

Upgraded to M3P: 4/23**
VIN3 assigned: 4/25
EDD: 5/15 (this is not a reject as SA tells me its not built yet and they dont have exact delivery date yet)

** after trying for weeks to upgrade from LR to P, after multiple employees told me I couldnt change without a pricing sheet update, I finally got someone who knows what's going on over there. Got for $58,990 + black paint + fees n taxes.

Solid black, black interior, no FSD,
Blessed and highly favored

Aside from getting my EDD continuously pushed back for my M3P from March delivery now in May, Tesla also reduced my trade-in value on the car I am trading in by $1200, and it's way below even KBB's lowest trade-in value now. I am really starting to feel like they are playing me here.
Sell it to CarMax. They are paying top dollar. I'd NEVER trade a car in, especially to Tesla.

I almost bought a 22 M440i Gran Coupe but every dealer wanted a $5K markup. I originally wanted an I4M50 but it was going to be a year wait. Had I known about Teslas horrid and unreliable edd system, I would have went with the I4M50.
Yeah I had an M240i lease from 2019. What an amazing car. It was the only 6 speed on the entire west coast, and I drove 400 miles to pick it up! Loved the car, but my new commute is around 120 miles round trip, which wasn't really practical. Especially in heavy traffic. Ended up with around 10k equity so thought I'd take that.

I really wish I had signed up for the wait-list or reserved an i4, because I think I'd like it. Didn't realize they'd be out so soon, but now it seems like those have a year long wait too.

I almost bought a 22 M440i Gran Coupe but every dealer wanted a $5K markup. I originally wanted an I4M50 but it was going to be a year wait. Had I known about Teslas horrid and unreliable edd system, I would have went with the I4M50.
Dealer here said i4M50 was like 6 months away if I recall correctly. I could be wrong. I drove the factory i4M50 they had and it was very very impressive. Only concern was charging network. It comes with 2 free years of Electrify America?? Is that right? But I have never seen those anywhere.

Reactions: Panel Gaps