Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I hope I get my delivery before Elon's Coca Cola ourchase goes through... 🤭🤣

Screenshot_20220428-083513_Kik.jpg

I’m curious if anyone with early March orders with April 30- June 4 EDD have gotten any updates lately?

OD 3/7
M3P, MSM, black, no fsd, pick up Fremont

Just 2 days from window with no updates. I have had the same EDD for like a month and half now. I guess it’s better than these huge push backs but would love some sort of update 😂😫

I’m curious if anyone with early March orders with April 30- June 4 EDD have gotten any updates lately?

OD 3/7

Just 2 days from window with no updates. I have had the same EDD for like a month and half now. I guess it’s better than these huge push backs but would love some sort of update 😂😫
I ordered 3/15 and haven't had an update in almost a month. My EDD is 14 May - 18 June so I'm right behind you. I didn't receive any changes to my EDD with all of the moves in the last week or so.

OD 3/7

In the same boat as you. I'm into the first day of my two week window (4/28 - 5/12). I initially placed my order on 2/24, but changed color on 3/6. The order date on the agreement shows 3/6, which leads me to believe that making any changes on your order does affect delivery priority.

Reactions: Justin k
In the same boat as you. I'm into the first day of my two week window (4/28 - 5/12). I initially placed my order on 2/24, but changed color on 3/6. The order date on the agreement shows 3/6, which leads me to believe that making any changes on your order does affect delivery priority.
Ya I guess that makes sense. This wait and lack of comms from Tesla is brutal.

OD 3/7

OD 3/7

We have the same spec and OD… I have had two updated two week windows so far.

M3P, MSM, Black Interior, no FSD, California

3/7: OD EDD April 2022
3/8: EDD June 5 - July 10
3/13: EDD May 1 - May 29
3/31: EDD April 18-May 16
4/19: EDD April 29- May 13
4/24: EDD May 6- May 20

We have the same spec and OD… I have had two updated two week windows so far.

M3P, MSM, Black Interior, no FSD, California

3/7: OD EDD April 2022
3/8: EDD June 5 - July 10
3/13: EDD May 1 - May 29
3/31: EDD April 18-May 16
4/19: EDD April 29- May 13
4/24: EDD May 6- May 20
That’s weird. I wonder why, with the same exact order, that you have had all these updates and 2 week window and I haven’t even had an update with over a month window 🥺

Reactions: cf2111
Dang. I changed interior about a week after my order date. Just assumed it kept my OD as 3/15. Just checked and it's 3/22 (date I made the change). Weird though, my EDD decreased by 4 days after the change so I thought the OD stayed the same.

Well, I've now entered the first day of my *delivery* window, and still have heard nothing from Tesla. I called the store where I ordered, and they said "We'll call you". Why do I feel like she's not interested in me?

My guess is Elon told them to leave it in south Oakland, send me the GPS coordinates, and see if I get it out in one piece.

• Funny
Reactions: toquar and RuTang
Well, I've now entered the first day of my *delivery* window, and still have heard nothing from Tesla. I called the store where I ordered, and they said "We'll call you". Why do I feel like she's not interested in me?

My guess is Elon told them to leave it in south Oakland, send me the GPS coordinates, and see if I get it out in one piece.
*delivery window with an assigned VIN.

Reactions: RuTang
So, I have a VIN, and EDD is currently set for two weeks from now, but the mysterious person behind the txt number can’t commit to a delivery date. I’m also seeing chatter that cars are being delivered with missing parts which may delay pickup by 1-3 weeks.

When am I supposed to apply for a loan? I’m going through my local credit union and curious how this is supposed to play out if I don’t know when the pickup date is?
You should secure financing now. You have a VIN and that's all they need. The car will most likely be available sooner than your current EDD.

I just realized how little the $ savings is compared to fuel in their calculation over 5 years. $3,500 over 5 years? lol. granted im buying for perfornance more than anything and I like techy stuff but figured I'd save more by not using fuel than that.
Its really important to look at the fine print and see what those estimates are based on. Per the Tesla website:
"We've assumed a fuel economy of 28 miles per gallon for a comparable gasoline powered sedan. We've also assumed the national average of $0.13 per kilowatt-hour for electricity, 10% charging on Tesla’s Supercharger network and $2.85 per gallon for premium gasoline over the next six years."

They have a little calculator you can use. If I plug numbers relevant to me (easy because my car gets almost exactly 28mpg) of 12k miles a year at $4.69/gal it comes out to $9,800 in savings. However, their calculator assumes $0.13/kwh but in my state super off peak charging is only $0.06. And I don't plan on ever needing to use a supercharger so my number is even better, and youre may be too.

If you want to run your own numbers go to the configuration page and click the "learn more" button right after the Performance option.

EDIT: This site also has a calculator you can use that has a lot more flexibility in how you do your calculations. Electric Vehicle Savings Calculator | ChargEVC

Last edited:

OD 3/7

I'm in the same boat. Fremont pick up. My OD was 03/04 and my two week EDD window begins tomorrow. No VIN. Expecting a pushback, this is my second 2 week window.

White/white

OD 3/7

My OD is 3/7 as well. White exterior, Black Interior, No FSD, pick up at Colma. Current EDD hasn't changed for about a week and a half now, from May 28 to July 2.